main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Poster

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by ewbaker, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewbaker

ewbaker Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    Hello all. I just registered on this sight and am looking forward to posting here frequently. I am from a small community near Nashville, NC. Thats why I figured I would put my first post here. 32 year old who fell in love with Star Wars back in the day.

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Welcome! ;) Nashville is off US64 between Raleigh and Rocky Mount, isn't it? Glad you're aboard!

3. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Come by the website:

www.triangletradefederation.com

and sen dus your profile, and come meet with us Saturday in raleigh, should be tons-o-fun.

4. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Nashville huh? Some friends and I are trying to organize something in the Rocky Mount area. E-mail me at intropy@coastalnet.com if you're interested.

5. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Hello everyone! I am new here as well, eventhough I have been reading the boards for a couple weeks this is my first time posting. I'm looking forward to becoming a frequent poster on here too, just like the other message boards that I am a part of. Well, just wanted to say hey. HOLLA!! 8-}

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Welcome Psycho-Jedi!

7. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Okay, well, here goes something... ;)

I am currently a poster on the JC from the Norfolk area. Seeing as there is hardly any action there whatsoever, I never really got into FanForce or anything of the sort.

I'm approaching my senior year, and with that, I have colleges from which to choose. My number one choice currently is UNC Chapel Hill. Although hard to even get into as an out-of-state student, I do hope to get accepted and return back to my native North Carolina.

With that, I suppose I'm through. I will be applying for acceptance in August and will be notified later on. If I do happen to get into Chapel Hill, I would love to become a member of the FanForce there. If fate would have it otherwise and I wind up stuck in a Virginia school, I wish all of you the best of luck in your gatherings in Carolina...!

~Trika

EDIT: BTW, you guys look like you have a lot of fun... :D

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    If it's fun, we're doing it! :D
    Welcome, hopeful future tarheel!

9. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    I've only been to one activity so far but it was really fun!! I hope you get into UNC and can become a member of the Triangle Trade Federation!! That would be awesome! More members=more fun!

10. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    "More members=more fun!"

Definately! :D

Hey again everyone! I'm back from my long vacation and ready to get back into "normal life" again (if my life can be considered normal... [face_laugh] ). :)

So who wants to catch me up on the happenings around here? ;) :) I suppose I should read through some of the threads, shouldn't I? :p

:D

11. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey! Welcome back, Laura! 'bout time you showed up! (actually 'bout time I responded and welcomed ya back) ;)

We're looking to get some ideas for more fun stuff to do but we're debating to do it during the summer or when school is back in session. How's about some ideas, hmmm?

12. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :) Hi! Don't worry, I was away again at band camp last week. ;)

Well if we're going to do something before school starts, it better be soon. ;) (Wait, now I see the thread about the movie...) I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the movie tomorrow night... I hate not being able to drive! :p Of course living out in Fuquay doesn't help much. ;) I'll see and hopefully know later today or tomorrow morning.

We should celebrate the LoTR DVD release. :D ;)

School starts for me August 12th. (Gosh, my birthday is the third day of school this year... how fun. [face_plain] LOL! )

You know, we need like a mailing list. That way we could get notices and such by email as well as by these boards. Good idea? Just a thought.

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I like your thinking. There's a big meeting coming up for the NCFellowship, a Tolkien fan yahoogroup. It's Aug 24 in Salisbury.
    For those who like Lord of the Rings, like me
    its http://yahoogroups.com and look for NCFellowship.

I'll create a SW fan force egroup there.

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.