main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Press release from C2Ventures

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by CarolynNC, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I just went to their web site (www.seetwo.com) and there is a new press release with what I assume is the final list and info on the autograph sessions.

They have a statement at the bottom of the release which states due to time constraints photos will not be permitted with guests. They do say the Official Fan club will be announcing photo ops with many of the guests for Fan Club members. This certainly makes the 'pull service' more attractive.

The Ultimate Collector Set (leather book of 59 photos) is limited to 100 units and only costs $795.00. Now if I understand correctly you only get one autograph in the group. It doesn't state these photographs are signed. It just states it will include a randomly inserted autograph from a desirable celebrity not signing at C2. If these are signed photographs then it might make more sense but if not, you could get all 35 autographs for $435 plus $10 for pull service plus $65 for leather binder for only $510. Am I missing something?

Anyway, more info coming out which is a good thing!

Carolyn

2. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    It says that the leather binder includes an autograph from a person not at C2 so it's one that you won't be able to get even if you stand in line for the 36 hour or so of the Celebration and get every single person's autograph. I remember seeing something about it awile back about those that are running it going about and getting "exclusives" and I'm assuming that is what it is for. Hope this helps.

3. Thistledown

Thistledown Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    Are all 59 photos autographed? It's not clear. Thanks

4. FBTBTim

FBTBTim Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Of course all 59 photos are signed - it makes little sense otherwise, as someone noted above in this thread. You'll be getting multiple autographs from some people; perhaps Kenny Baker signing both an R2 pic and a Paploo pic. Some of these guys played a half dozen characters, so you'd get them all. The addition is one limited autograph in the set from someone not in attendance - you can bet that one will be Anthony Daniels, for instance.

5. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Hi FBTBTIM,

I reread the press release and it still isn't clear in regards to the 59 photos being signed. When you say of course the 59 photos are signed is this official information or just what you think makes sense?

Just hoping someone knows an official answer.

Thanks,
    Carolyn

6. scifiexpo

scifiexpo Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    they are all signed... all 59 plus the additional ultra rare signature makes a total of 60 8x10 autographed photos in the leather book box....

Ben
    C2 Ventures

7. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
  8. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks for the clarification scifiexpo. Now it makes sense to me and sounds like a great deal for the die-hard autograph collector.

Carolyn

9. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    If you're still reading this thread SciFiExpo, can you let us know if those photos will really have white interrupting the photos on the bottom left hand corner or is that just a way of showing us the choices and the general location of the holographic logo? I ask only because it appears that that large section appears to block significant parts of many of the pictures. Thanks for chiming in on this board.

10. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I'm really disappointed in the choices of photos for Lando and Fortuna. I hope I can find the ones I want at dealer's tables.

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I with Vadersfist, some of those photos are horrible. I'm sure it was hard finding any photos of the lesser characters (Red & Rogue Squadrons), but did you have to go with one of just Lando's head in his skiff guard helmet? There are probably hundreds of good photos of him from Empire.

12. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    I am gonna THIRD that motion!

I am looking at getting a photo from eBay for Billie Dee. Those pics suck. I want a PIMP Lando pic, not a General Lando. I can't believe that there are NO pics of him from Empire.

And one other question about Mr. Williams.......You think he'll sign a Colt 45 if I bring one?

13. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I the Mayhew pics suck and I think the Billy Dee Williams pics suck. I guess the Fisher pics are ok. I think I will be going with #3. I think I will have to find my own pic of Chewie and Lando though.

14. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Am I missing the Chewie Pics? I didn't see them in the above listing. The Lando General isn't bad, but I agree, would rather see him in his ESB ensemble. I like the Leia pics. If these are the pics in the 59 pic set, then I wouldn't say it is worth it, why would you want 3 of the same person?

15. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Colt 45! Hahaha!

Lando and Bib are the only 2 I'm really hating so far. I want these pics:

[image=http://www.starwars-universe.com/trilogie/influences/images/lando2min.jpg]

[image=http://www.fuerzaimperial.com/personajes/historia/bfortuna01.JPG]

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'll probably bite the bullet and get a General Lando pic (mainly 'cause I don't want to spend all day looking for one I like), but I gotta say if they had the Bib Fortuna pic Vadersfist just posted he'd be on my list.

17. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Don, if all else fails, check the dealer tables before getting your autographs. There's bound to be several that have a wide selection of 8"x10"s. I grabbed one of Threepio at SWC and got Daniels to sign it. But you'll have to live with a reprint on regular paper stock. They likely won't have pix on real photograph paper.

18. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey, I found a Lando for 5 bucks! The color looks sort of crappy, though. I wonder if it's just the jpeg, or if these people crank out chintzy product...? Maybe someone can get some customer feedback on this company on the news groups? My ISP's news server is always down; I can never get on the groups. :mad:

http://www.moviemarket.com/?page=product&CA=1&SC=1&NS=BILLY+DEE+WILLIAMS&item=C24620&

19. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    I've ordered from the movie market lots and lots of times, and I've always been extremely happy with the photos I've gotten. Their online jpgs leave a lot to be desired, but the photos themselves are very nice quality.

20. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Thank you very much! :)

21. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    To bad they don't have any "Clones" pictures, except Hayden.

22. FBTBTim

FBTBTim Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Carolyn -

Sorry if my reply came across as rude, as I didn't mean to sound that way :)

23. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Hi FBTBTim,

I didn't think your reply was rude at all. I was just wondering if it was speculation or if your answer was fact. No offense taken.

To all others,

I apologize for posting personal responses to the board but I haven't figured out how to direct a private message. Do I just type in the screen name (like CarolynNC) when I click on New Message?

I know I'm showing my age but when I went to college we didn't have PC's! I'm teaching myself and not doing too bad a job of it but sometimes the easiest things to others are confusing to me!

Thanks,
    Carolyn

24. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I was feeling ironic, I PMed you info on PMing.

Anyway, I posted this elsewhere, but it seems approiate here. Who gets preference when it comes to autographs? The people in line or the people using the pull service. Let me use an extreme example: say there is one Chewbacca picture left, and two people want it. One stood in line, the other used the pull service. Who gets it?

25. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Thank you (see my pm)...and the answer to your question depends on whether I'm the person in line or the person using the pull service :D

But on a serious note, I believe scifiexpo posted in another thread that they made plenty of photos and didn't expect to run out.

Carolyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.