main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Project from Maximus Films (The Movie Spoof Trilogy)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JoeWilka, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeWilka

JoeWilka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey everyone,

It seems like eons ago when the Star Wars prequels came out and everyone was clamoring to make the next great epic fan film. I certainly had fun (and enough head aches to last a lifetime) making mine and am forever indebted to the support that everyone in this community showed The Movie Spoof Trilogy. I always like to look back on those films as a simpler time when all one had to do was find a camera and a couple of friends who didn't mind looking like idiots while they fought with PVC pipes. The past few years have been great for our filmmaking efforts. Our last feature film Under the Influence had a great run on Cable VOD and is still available on Netflix Watch Instantly. I had a great time making an alien invasion thriller as my college thesis last year (you can watch here) and we are in the midst of developing another feature film to shoot later this year. We have a number of investors interested but we are shooting a short film to help us really sell the idea, script, and vision for the feature. Needless to say, producing at the level we would like to be at requires resources. We are in the final stretch of a small kickstarter campaign for the short and any help anyone could provide would be awesome. If not, no worries, I thought it would be nice to give a little update on what we've all been up to. So, if you could, check out our video on kickstarter, maybe "kick" it around to some of your friends and help us spread the word. Any help anyone can give in any way is always great and appreciated. Thanks everyone, always fun to drop in every once and a while.

Our Kickstarter Campaign

Also, for all the Spoof fans out there, I will have a related announcement coming up within the next month or so. So stay tuned for that!

Thanks again!
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.