main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Project - Inspired by one EBer's lunacy and 2 other's insanity

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'd be happy to volunteer my apartment, since I have room to work and don't have anyone else here to inconvenience. Of course, it depends on whether people want to drive out to this end of town.

Another thought that occured to me - if anyone should want a differnt size for their doll, we should be able to scan the pattern pieces and resize them in photoshop, yes?

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    You could trim the pattern pieces down equally to make different sizes... Not sure how well the stuff will scan... But it is possible.

And just so you all know.... The pattern is complete! :D :D

I just put the last finishing touches on it and am finishing the assembly of the first doll. :eek: :p

I didn't make this one perfect, for obvious reasons, but it is suitable for sizing the flightsuit pattern and other pieces. I'll put pix up tomorrow

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    when these are done are you guys going to engrave the name of someone on the back and stick needles in them? [face_laugh]

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Hmmmmm, never thought of that one ;)

5. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Grim, that's sick. Just sick. -=shakes head=-

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, so I need help... I stayed up to finish this one.
    First Shot

7. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Let me be the first to say.....

his leg is crooked. ;) Kidding. It looks great. Nude, but great.

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmmm. Pretty good, pretty good. The first glance, though, reminded me of that cartoon style where the guys have really broad shoulders and impossibly tiny waists; I'm not sure if that is an optical illusion in the picture or not. If not... maybe even out the proportions a little?

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    great job so far!

*godsmack begins to play in the background, VOODOO VOODOOOO.....* ;)

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Actually, that's already been taken care of, no more odd proportions, plus w/ stretchy material you have much more leeway... And I know his foot is crooked, but after having put it on twice that night it bloody well stayed crooked :p

Shoulders are also worked out, like I said this is only the doll that I worked the pattern out... The actual dolls will look much better :p

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I think I'll just grab a bunch of fabric and get people to pay me back for the doll bodies... Flightsuit and other material is on your own ;)

BTW-Check out the edited and added onto Supply List for this project

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Taeriel has offered up the place, just give me a time, and I'll be there (other than Monday nights).

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    *shrug* Whenever is convenient for the rest of you. My other current project is ... moving along towards the hope of being done, so my schedule is flexible.

One thing - it's starting to sound like I may be traveling to a conference for work immediately after the camping trip, so it's possible that I may be staying a little later at lab as that time approaches.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, flightsuit pattern Version 1.0 is about to be sewed. :D

This is just the basic pattern (no pockets, collar, waistband, etc), and once it is done I can work out the details.

Anybody have a loose 12" Pilot figure they wouldn't mind lending to me to get a better look at the details? Mine are in the box, and I don't want to open them :(

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm afraid I don't have any 12" pilots, opened or not. Closest I have is the 3 1/4' pilot Luke, but that's probably not much help. *shrug* We could compile a collection of photos, if all else fails, I guess.

16. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Now that I know a little more of what your doing, my sister's mother-in-law makes dolls. They are addorable & I have a little one (she makes bigger ones too). I can ask her for a pattern? Let me know if you guys need my help?

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, Version 1.0 was somewhat off (legs & inseam too tight, waist too baggy, and a little short across the torso), so I have already done a redesign and will be cutting out Version 2.0 tonight. I think this should do it. :)

Next will be pockets, collar and wasitband. :D

Helmet, Boots and Gloves patterns are already done.

That leaves the Flak Vest, Chest Box and possibly the little doo-dads all over the outfit (time permitting for Fenig :p )

18. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I don't really have anything to contribute to the dolly thread, but I haven't posted in it yet...

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Flightsuit Version 2.1 is now complete! :)

Okay, now for the little details... Waistband, collar, pockets. :p

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, Flightsuit 2.3 is now done! Collar, pockets, waistband.... And it looks pretty good (well, the prototype is only partially assembled, but you can see it shaping up).

Tomorrow I will tackle the Flak Vest :eek:

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Thanks to an idea from Fenig, the Flak Vest is just about done :D

22. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Darn right, an idea from me! Wedge Plushie was my idea in the first place! -=all righteous and shiznit=-

Uhm....which idea was that?

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Fiberfil instead of the folding and sizing thing :p Maybe later, but now this works fine :)

Tomorrow... Chest Box [face_plain]

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, so I couldn't sleep last night and I finished teh chest box :eek: [face_blush]

Turned out pretty good, we'll have to see what happens when I fire it this afternoon. :D

So, I just need to assemble the boots, helmet and gloves and then work out all the little doo-dads. Other than that, Prototype complete :D :D

We are ready for lift off ladies! [face_devil]

25. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I think it would be cool to fire the whole doll, instead of just the chestbox. Oh, and make sure to catch it on video...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.