main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA New props?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK7877, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7877

TK7877 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    So has anyone worked on any new props lately?

I want to work on jedi communicator someday and maybe some capsules.

2. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    Im gathering research on making armor out of Sintra (PVC sheeting) you dont need a vacum table for it. Im also researching a clay that is called Gapoxio that can be used in makeing armor props. Its not for battle, only to make good looking props. You can get amaizing details with it. I also have an order for a Jango Fett costume for a customer when he gets back from 6 month deployment and a Legolas tunic. And Ill be making a Helms Deep Elf Armor from Lord of the Rings to sell, Dont know right now how much that will cost but we will see. New projects yah? I make movie costumes all the time. Lord of the Rings, Kingdom of Heaven and Star Wars are some of my best sellers.

I have a festival coming up on May 5-7th at Mariners Museum park its like a mini ren faire. Lots of fairies, and would be Robbin Hoods running around. I have to get fairy wings they sell pretty good. Im making a few fantasy gowns. My mens ren clothing sells much better than the womens. You would think that would be the other way around since women love to shop. But men are my best customers. They all look very handsome when Im done with them. Even the chubby ones. I should be "the Good eye for the devonier guy". Sloppy to Highlander in just one costume change. LOL I kid you not, I have created some amazing transformations.

Oh yea Im also working on a way to make Padme's and Jango's guns.

Thats about it.

Cant wait to see everyone at Saturdays meeting.

Chris aka Domnu/Shaak Ti

3. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I have some working knowledge of sintra, it is what me and matt used for our boba fett armor

4. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006
    WOW Domnu

you are a busy person.
    I look foward to meeting you again Saturday.
    I may need some help making some stuff for my kids, i'll talk to you saturday about that.

5. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006
    Jason,

do you still have any of your boba fett props?

thanks

6. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    Id like to see it up close. What gage did you use? a site I went to the did Jango she used she said .120 gage. Im not sure how thick that is and what to cut it with. I was going to order a small sheet to play with or Im going to just dive in. Havent decided. Its an adventure and Im taken you with me! LOL!!!

7. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    I love kids stuff. Younglings HEEEHEE!!

8. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006
    I got some aluminum armor for my boba fett costume. I think it will look really good.
    I'll try to bring you an piece to the meeting for you to see if I remember to dig it out of a box.

9. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    Thanks I look forward to it. My light saber should be here soon, some time around the 15th maybe. I ordered it from RLSA, It is very close to Shaak Ti's but I think its actually better. I dont like having buttons on the hilt were my hands have to go. This one looks like the body of hers but with no buttons on the hilt. Very Cool!!!

Next week I can order the leather and buckle for Shaak Ti's belt. Getting closer to costum completion. Head dress going to take a few months. The guy that is helping me, is a special effects make up artist. Only draw back at this point his is moving into another house and dosent have his workshop up and running yeat. Im hoping for June the casting needs warm weather anyway.

see ya

10. fraken8902

fraken8902 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    I am still looking for some latex or alternative to that for my Dexter costume. I am doing some research on other costumes and props

11. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    these are links to buy supplies for masks and make up that I ve found. hope it helps.

http://www.monstermakers.com/

http://www.fxsupply.com/

http://www.studiocreations.com/html/portfolio_frame.html great tutorials
    go to evil ash. awsome information

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/index.html main costume tutorials

12. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I have my boots, and Jetpack still. I still have the fromed chest armor and stomach armor. They are just cut and formed sintra, I havnt painted them yet.

13. TK7877

Jan 24, 2006
    Are you keeping your boba fett stuff Alucien?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.