main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New report: Ep VII to focus on the OT "big three"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ObiAlKenobi, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Yet you think it 'makes sense' to think the ST will automatically be great? Good luck with that one...

I wasn't aware you held TPM in such high regard??? You'll be a happy man then if that's your benchmark.

Re. "Usual". Can I suggest you invest in a dictionary?

2. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    Find the post were I said the ST will automatically be great. Show me that post.

T-R- likes this.
  3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    He's just deflecting and misdirecting as USUAL (used a dictionary on that one) since once again his post was shot down.

Also, how I hold TPM has no bearing on what character it focused on or the ability to identify with the supporting characters.

Re: usual - if given 2 examples that are different, which one is usual? I know you think it's the one YOU personally THINK it should be, but that's not how reality or the english language works.

4. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    So you have no opinion then other than to comment on what others think???

It does have a bearing if you're using it as an example. What's the point of using it as an example of a film that places emphasis elsewhere if you don't think it succeeds as a 'good film'? Do you think TPM is a good film or not???

5. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

My opinion is that people shouldn't decide a movie WILL be good or WILL be bad based on rumors about that movie before we know even the first thing about it.

T-R- likes this.
  6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    It has no bearing at all because whether I consider it a good film or a bad film revolves around Binks, the CO Prophecy, Rule of Two, and Jake's acting. None of that has to do with having Jinn as the focus. Jinn as the focus was not a complaint I had about the movie, he was one of my favorite parts of the movie and worked extremely well.

And for the record, I do not consider it a bad film and I actually consider it superior to AotC.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Then why are you even here, 44 pages in, if you don't have an opinion on the topic in hand (other than to disagree with anyone speculating)?

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I don't want to speak for sluggo as he's doing a fine job himself, but maybe because the title of this thread is "New report: Ep VII to focus on the OT "big three"" and not "Will Episode VII be good or bad." Maybe, just maybe, he'd like to talk about the possibilities that the focus grants and not drawing conclusions based on no knowledge of the story. If the story calls for the OT3 to be the focus, how could that automatically make it bad? Oh yeah, it can't.

Yanksfan likes this.
  9. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Then you'll be happy if Ep VII is as good as TPM... Good - I'm glad we agree on something.

This is an open topic... a thread designed to elicit opinion. Hence 44 pages of comments.

10. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Double post.

11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    This is your main problem. You read things and twist and interpret them into your own little world. And anything that doesn't conform to that world gets ignored or twisted or misdirected.

Where did I ever say I'd be happy if E7 was as good as E1? I didn't.

Technically it's not an open topic, the thread has a title which assigns it a topic. 44 pages of comments does not make it either an open topic or ensure that each comment was actually on topic.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Congrats guys, you did end up driving this thread into the ground after all. Locking.

NOTE: If anyone on here who's contributed to this outcome on this thread (which luckily for you had already run its course at this point) does this in other threads, be prepared to deal with warnings and/or bannings as appropriate.

StoneRiver, darth ladnar and Mr. K like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.