main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Republic confirmed post-ROTJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    From EA's press release today:
    http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...-the-battle-of-jakku-in-star-wars-battlefront

"We are proud to give you a first visual glimpse of The Battle of Jakku, coming to Star Wars™ Battlefront™ on December 1st, 2015, for all who pre-order, and a week later for all other game holders. The Battle of Jakku was the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet."

I'd say this is a reliable source. It appears that we have gotten our first confirmed report that after the death of the Emperor, the Rebels took over control and reinstated the "New Republic" as a post-government.

This is actually pretty huge news. I can't believe we've received this info from a little press release from EA!

2. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I thought this was already confirmed by excerpts from the Aftermath novel.

3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't really see this as a big deal anyway.

5. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it's been confirmed ages ago by both previous Battlefront Battle of Jakku stuff and as said above by Aftermath.

look at this the date April 17 2015.
    http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/jakku-pre-order-offer

so basically a thing since Celebration.:p

7. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    What will be more interesting is how the New Republic loses some control and we have ANH redux - The First Order (Empire) vs the Resistance (Rebel Alliance).

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    and why the NR isn't helping the Resistance

Darth Caliban and Dak Oolron like this.
  9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    We don't know that we'll be seeing that at all. Could be the events all happen within First Order space, only covering a certain number of sectors, and the Resistance is operating within that space to try to free it while the New Republic holds its own territory elsewhere.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  10. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    I liked the Galactic Alliance name better but I'll survive.

11. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    New Republic was confirmed a while ago, but I'm still very curious about the political state of the galaxy at least in the TFA/sequel era. Does the New Republic still exist? Was it replaced? Is there no galactic government? We'll find out.

12. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    It's weird that we don't even know something as basic as this. All we really know right now is that there was a New Republic established sometime between ROTJ and TFA. We don't know how big it was, nor whether or not it's still around 30 years after Endor (or 29 years after Jakku).

I'm still betting on the New Republic being around, but not wanting to engage with the First Order and the Resistance being a proxy faction led by Leia. It's entirely possible that the New Republic crumbled sometime around when Luke disappeared, though.

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.