main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Republic soldiers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Prime_, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    Just out of curiosity, what sort of form do the standard New Republic military soldiers take in the post ROTJ and NJO EU? Do they look similar to those we see in OT movies? Do they use more or less the same equipment? What are the standard colours of the New Republic at this point? Have things changed much from the Rebel Alliance days?

I am doing a mod for KOTOR, and I'm just trying to get some background for this timeframe in regards to militarty garb. From the EU I have read, I can't really remember...

2. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    We know from the NJO that some special units have jet packs.

3. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    As far as I know, most of the Alliance infrastructure was maintained when the government was set up.

All through the X-wing and Thrawn Trilogy comics, everyone wore similar uniforms, and even on one of the Japanese NJO covers, we saw Jaina in the same orange flight suit that Luke wore in ANH.

4. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    essential guide to planets swhoweda NE trooper in the Anoth entry, methinks

5. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    NR Troopers are glimpsed in the "In the Empire's Service" comic.

6. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    In the Ylesia ebook, they wear white armor with face plates and I think are supposed to be standard grunts. There are also your YVH droids, which seem to be taking the place as standard grunts post-Ebaq.

7. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Some troops in fleet armour (like on the Blockade Runner) were at Yavin IV when Desann attacked.

8. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    In the graphic novel adaptation of Dark Force Rising, Capatin Virgilio is shown flanked by some New Republic sentinals that were reminiscent of the soldiers from the beginning of A New Hope. :)

In the graphic novel, Leviathon, when Leia Organa Solo and Admiral Ackbar are consulting one another, they stroll past several elaborate-uniformed Senate sentries. I can only assume they were ceremonial, however. :D

Just some things I have picked up on in reading Expanded Universe literature. ;)

<[-]> Saber

9. jedijcm

jedijcm Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    it seems the imperials are have more advanced armour than the republic/gffa soldiers if they still have the same uniform as in anh, i would of thought that at the time of the njo they would have used armor similar to the stormtrooopers

10. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    According to Galactic Battlegrounds NR troopers are pretty much identical to the soldiers we see shooting it out with Vader's stormies on the Tantive IV at the beginning of ANH.

11. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    NR Special Forces wore captured Scout Trooper armor in the early years after Endor.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    In Leviathan, we see that Ackbar's new uniform is based off his original white one. Basically he added some gold trim to his old uniform when he became the New Rpeublic's Supreme Commander.

--Nick

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    A range of Bantam books have mentioned New Republic Special Force, Alliance Security, New Republic Intelligence, and troopers.

And there were the Sniffer and Shooter special guardsmen in Black Fleet, a sensor and combat duo.

14. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    In Force Commander the NR use several variaties of troops, such as regular and heavy troops. It's mainly Rebellion-era but they're still used during the taking of Coruscant.

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/forcecommander/viewer/images/heavytrooper2.gif]
    Heavy Trooper
    A trooper outfitted to take out armor with a heavy hand-held blaster. Powerful ballistic grenades round out this unit's arsenal, making it one of the most effective infantry units in the galaxy

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/forcecommander/viewer/images/trooper2.gif]
    Trooper
    The basic Rebel unit, this fearless, frontline warrior has a secondary stun attack ability.

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/forcecommander/viewer/images/infiltrator2.gif]
    Infiltrator
    This specialized Rebel commando is fitted with an infiltrator belt and trained to get inside of and take over AT-STs and AT-ATs. They are also effective at invading and capturing enemy structures, but getting them to their targets can be hazardous.

15. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Not sure whether these are NR soldiers...
    [image=http://www.wizards.com/starwars/images/gcc/51188_CN.jpg]

16. Tam_Elgrin

May 1, 2004
    man I love that picture. They could be mercs though, does anyone have Galactic Campagin Guide to check?

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    So Presley does live.

18. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Probably elite/special force types. I wonder what their headgear looklike?

And didn't Rebel SpecOps were some sort of woodlands camo outfit?

I wonder if any of the commandos in TUF retaking Coruscant were drawn from the Imperials?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.