Sth Bend, IN New RPG Core Rulebook

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by garbagge59, Jul 12, 2007.

1. garbagge59 Force Ghost

star 4
    I still want to play.

(i also wanted to try to open a closed thread)
  2. CarboniteHan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  3. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
  5. garbagge59 Force Ghost

star 4
    It says in the article that it came out in august, but the site won't let me buy it. it says it's 29.95 and "Not Available."
  6. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    It's kinda weird how they are releasing it. They came out with a "Beta" rulebook in August and sold it for $29.95. These are not the final rules, but they do provide an interim playset you can use to run games and get a feel for the system.

Sometime in the coming months, they will release the "Beginners" set, which has simplified rules, dice, and maps in a box (similiar to the D&D red box). The beginners set will be $29.95. Some time after that is released they will produce the full "Core Rulebook" which will have the full ruleset, expanding on the rules in the beginners box. The core rulebook will likely be much more expensive ($50-$100 range) judging from previous FantasyFlight core rulebooks.
  7. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    We played the Beginner Game this weekend and it was pretty fun.
  8. garbagge59 Force Ghost

star 4
    I had a blast. x didn't have as much fun because he was running the game rather than just playing.
  9. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
  10. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5

How goes the prep work?