main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor New Rumor Intellectual Thread for Sophisticated Discourse....but for the Anthology this time

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthRosie, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    It only seems right to have one of these catch all threads of awesomeness for the Anthologies, there should be some goodies soon!!

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Good idea.

3. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    corinthia, Darkspellmaster and Dra--- like this.
  4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    For the love of God - Does everyone have to be force sensitive?? :mad:

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  5. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    he didn't mean his character was force-sensitive, just that he has no doubt the film will be a success in his own country because, well, the force is with him (as an actor), because, you know, it's star wars...meant to be funny, not to reveal anything! this is over-analyszing, he's just joking.

6. ErikBridger

ErikBridger Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    I like the continuity in the various forums. The rumor threads, the new canon threads...thanks to this community my fandom has been revived to a major level :)

7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Agreed. It's a non-story.

8. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I must say I love me a SW rumor thread! TFA rumor thread was where I received mail until release and now we have 2 new rumor threads man these boards are better then FB Twitter and IG combined lol

9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    But with no actual rumours as of yet...

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Which I find very perplexing and interesting.

11. DarthRosie

Nov 5, 2014
  12. DarthRosie

Nov 5, 2014
  13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

:eek: Wow!

1. Darth Vader in action! Could Donnie Yen's Character be a Jedi? I would love to see Vader in a Lightsaber Duel with Donnie Yen's character.

2. AT-ATs in battle!

Now these are some Rumor "Leaks" that I love. It is great that we are starting off with Rumors that I actually like, as opposed to Episode VII's Leaks.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Darth Vader's going Beast Mode on the rebel scum! :p

Baron_Papanerd and Dra--- like this.
  16. REALBOBAFETISH

REALBOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    The new droid sound suspiciously like Mr. Bones from aftermath, which doesn't happen until after ROTJ so can't be him

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This all sounds exceptional. It really does. With the article released the other week about the aliens, I am very excited for Rogue One.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  18. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Sounds fantastically badass! Hope they portray him like in the comics/Lords of the Sith/Battlefront. Rebels has already done a great job of portraying a badass Vader, so hope to see that put in screen in live action. Rogue One is gonna be all kinds of epic.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  19. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Vader in action could be very cool...but beware of the "badass" angle, Jedi and SIth tend to be too powerful in video games/comics...Vader is super strong but he's no god/supervillain a la marvel. If there's such a scene, and i'm all for it, then it has to be depicted as something that fits with the character we see in the films and with the tone of the saga, don't turn him into the next magneto/apocalypse etc...

20. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Star Wars Rumor: Forest Whitaker’s Rogue One Character Details Revealed

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-forest-whitaker-character/

"According to MakingStarWars.net, Whitaker’s character in Edward’s film is one of questionable allegiances, as he has a different code name from the rest of the Rebels in the film – though, it is believed he will ultimately prove to be a “good guy.” Whitaker is also rumored to bear a cane which he uses as a crutch to aid in the loss of one of his legs, an injury presumably sustained during the course of his suggested military history during the Clone Wars or against the Empire in some other capacity. He is also described as wearing a cape and costume bearing a hodgepodge of various items."

21. DarthRosie

Nov 5, 2014
  22. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    With the buzz for The Force Awakens dying, I'm super excited to be jumping straight onto the hype train for Rogue One. From what I've heard so far this movie is going to be badass!

23. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Love the sound of that.

A bad guy with a long, flowing white cape, dragging it through shallow water behind him. And a golden field. Whatever the overall quality of the film, we are going to visit new planets, and that's enough for me to get pretty excited.

darthmomm, Baron_Papanerd and Avnar like this.
  24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I really like the idea of seeing more rogues and bounty hunters and I hope they play a big part in this film. I can imagine some bounty hunters work exclusively for the Empire, while others are bad guys but they hate the Empire so they are more interested in working for the Rebellion, etc.

Zikri likes this.
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I am eagerly awaiting Rogue One, can't wait for a trailer to finally be dropped. Even though it might be a few months yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.