New Season 3 Preview up at the official site

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by hapless_sith, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainYossarian Force Ghost

star 3
    It makes sense for Bane to be working for Jabba. Fistly because Bane's operation to free Ziro was a pretty good advertisement for his skills. Jabba would know that Bane is the sort of hunter he needs to hire. And secondly, Ziro being free may work to Jabba's advantage if he plans to get rid of him. That would be more difficult to do in a Republic prison on Coruscant but now Jabba can can try and capture Ziro for himself. He may well hire Bane for such a job because he knows he can succeed and he has the possible advantage of being known to Ziro, and therefore he may be able to get closer to him.

As for Embo and Hondo, it may be a similar situation - Hondo has recognised Embo's skills and so is working with him. Or if they are teamed up, it may be to fight a common enemy, or they may just be working with each other out of necessity.
  2. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    We may have already seen this in action, when Bane confronted Palpatine in his raid on the senate, and then instead of having Bane whacked, Palpatine hired him to capture the Jedi children.

Of course Palpatine may have been behind the whole senate raid thing to begin with. You never know with Palps! :D
  3. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like Captain Yossarian's observation..it makes sense in regards to the Senate raid and being pleased with what he did there Jabba would definitely continue to hire Bane.
  4. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2

Well, I think Embo is working for Jabba, because Hondo isn't really paying anyone except his crew.
  5. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Why did Anakin then seem so hapless when he was missing his lightsaber in Hostage Crisis?Why did Anakin then seem so hapless when he was missing his lightsaber in Hostage Crisis?

He took out an armed and very dangerous assassin droid unarmed. Seems far from helpless to me...he was just up against foes would given him trouble with his lightsaber.

About Embo: While he is a bounty hunter, his description on the spoiler site and his actions in the show protray him as the kind of bounty hunter more interested in helping people and bringing dangerous criminals to justice than he is about money.

What I wondering about is if we will see Sugi again. I hope Embo's runaway popularity doesn't make the writers ditch the rest of the team.
  6. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I don't think Sugi should come back. She is a Zabarak, like Eeth and Maul. She's just your typical hired-gun bounty hunter and when was the last time you saw a woman bounty hunter besides Rumi and Cato Parasitti?
  7. H-BOMB Force Ghost

star 2
    Wait, what? She's not typical, she has a strong moral code, which is unlike some of the past bounty hunters we've seen such as Cad Bane. I personally think Sugi was awesome, and a really cool character. Even if she is another Zabrak I think she should stay as she helps show the amount of variation that can be seen within a real species, rather than just recycled character models. Plus we've never really seen a female Zabrak.

She also has a hot Russian accent. :)
  8. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    She is OKAY, I admit. Embo is really the one to talk about then lame Rumi and Seripas. Embo makes "awesome" be awesome. He swings his hat, has a bowcaster, and even insults some Jedi, like Ahsoka.
  9. H-BOMB Force Ghost

star 2
    Yeah, I agree that Embo steals the show. Rumi and Seripas are both 'meh' to me as well. But I still hope we don't lose Sugi.
  10. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I don't mind if she's in half of the episode, but not in the whole one, like Bounty Hunters.
  11. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I like how she just sort of starts macking on Obi-Wan at random toward the end of the episode. :D
  12. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Oh, not this romance crude again! First Siri, then Satine, and not Sugi? Obi must love girls with the letter S in the beginning.
  13. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like to see her come back, too, though. Someone has to give us an idea of what Embo's saying.
  14. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't forget Asajj! But Obi-Wan just speaks politely with these women, gives them an engouraging smile, and the things just takes their course...
  15. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Oh, yeah, Asajj which he calls "dear" or "sweetheart."
  16. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    He's joking with her.
  17. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yes, we know, but it just sounds like he likes her. I have no idea who would want to date a bald headed harpy.
  18. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    He clearly sound like he's joking with her.
  19. Koonster Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ugh, Hidden Enemy took that jokey flirting a little too far. They better not bring it back for season three.... [face_praying]
  20. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    What give you that clue? When she stripped her robe off or when she said "I'm all yours, Obi-Wan," so, dramitcally. She better not put up a fuss with Anakin in this season.
  21. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Is that so hard to understand sarcasm?
  22. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    She is hot though. My 60 year old father agrees with me about this point. [face_plain]
  23. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    [face_sick]
  24. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    :D

He's a weird old dude.
  25. apotampkin Jedi Master

star 1
    On a totally unrelated note, judging by 1:28 Padmé's model has been improved...she's actually looking like (gasp!) Natalie [face_dancing] It's always been a pet peeve of mine :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.