main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series New Season 3 Preview up at the official site

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by hapless_sith, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    But Ahsoka is fighting the Mandalore police. Which in any society I would assume, pacifist or not, is going to fight a lawbreaker. Especially if said lawbreaker is resisting arrest. And if that is the case, knowing Ahsoka, she is breaking the Mandalore pacifist laws or something.

And was it me or did the scene where the clones and Twi'leks are fighting together look like Ryloth? The Twi'leks were not dressed in any formal military gear, they looked like civilians, so I would pressume it is Ryloth. However I am not entirely sure because it was a relatively quick shot.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    For me, mainly it's not the fact of whether or not she is fighting pacifists, but rather Ahsoka doing that and all the things she's has done in that trailer really brightens her mary sue qualities.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why would she fight them bare-handed? That would suggest some ninja/martial arts style of combat training. I would think that Ahsoka would just Force-push any aggresor into the nearest wall.

4. BadDogg

BadDogg Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2010
    All jedi practice some form of weaponless fighting in case they lose their saber. Also TCW isn't big on force powers in general.

5. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I just watched it at the OS and naturally, my first impression was that it was awesome. Clones and Jedi vs battle droids, the epic space battles( I especially liked all the fighters together gearing up for battle:D ) and Bane doing what he does best...and working for what looked like Jabba to me and capturing C-3PO. And the return of TODO.:D

Then I saw the one part that left me somewhat speechless...no, it wasn't Ashoka revealing her dreams to Yoda or Anakin about to go at it with Ventress. It was Bane. With a lightsaber. Dueling with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Okay, being a huge Cad Bane fan I have to admit that seeing him wield a lightsaber and take on one of the greatest swordsmen of the Jedi Order was pretty sweet, but why? Gods, I only hope that the promise of a million credits a head for Jedi and perhaps a momentary lapse of reason caused him somewhere along the line to pick up a saber and try to take on Kenobi and that they don't bring out some 'has-been Jedi learner who couldn't hack it' angle.

No, to me Bane's character can't suffer like that. Yes, it's visually awesome and cool to see, IMO, but in the long run it could have disastrous consequences...and I'm thinking he may not survive said encounter with Obi-Wan here. I mean, to me it would be the only way to justify using him this way; a last, desperate stand against what Bane knows deep down is a more powerful opponent and he goes all out to try and defeat him...maniacally laughing and fighting all the way.

Just my two credits and that I'm definitely looking forward to season three!:D And I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this.[face_worried]

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Interesting to see the Mandalorians are still a threat. I always wondered how a pacifist government is going to handle a terrorist cell of Mandalorians. All we know is that they were "prepared for this". For what? How are the New Mandos going to deal with the Death Watch?

7. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    They're going to invite them over for tea and politely ask them to stop.:p

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why did Anakin then seem so hapless when he was missing his lightsaber in Hostage Crisis? Additionally, we've seen Ahsoka slam people against walls with the Force like in Lightsaber Lost.

9. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Just saw it on the main site, and holy cow. It looks fantastic.

Bane with a saber, though...I agree, Ludo; it does feel a little strange. I'm sure it'll make sense in the context of the episode. For now, though, it looks cool, and I'm really glad to see him back. And yay! TODO's back too!

October seems so far a way now...

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That's not confirmed.

11. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Quit being such a party pooper, my friend.

It isn't confirmed, yes we know that, but who else could it be? TODO 361?:p

12. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Unlike the Lurmen, the New Mandalorians were perfectly willing to fight in self-defense, as described and shown throughout the Mandalorian trilogy of episodes.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It varies from episode to episode at the mercy of the plot. Some episodes present the Jedi as way over powered, while in others the some of the most powerful Force users in the galaxy can barely handle a few pirates.

14. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    GG is always a party pooper.

15. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I agree, he is a hope basher. What the poster probably meant was that the same droid unit as TODO was back, not TODO-360 himself. But it looks just like him, and sounds just like him, so, gasp, it is confirmed basically.

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010

Ahsoka was trying to find her lightsaber by using overwhelming force to scare the information out. I don't know why Anakin doesn't use the Force in Hostage Crisis. In general it seems TCW isn't very big on Force use unless it is needed.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    yeah, that was one of the things that initially bugged me about Hostage Crisis - I thought it was going to be a cool look at how amazing Anakin is without his saber....looks like Obi-Wan was right when he said "this weapon is your life" :p

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    It was odd that Anakin didn't use the Force one time in Hostage Crisis. I'm not saying I wanted him to go all Gennedy Mace Windu on the bounty hunters, but he could have at least leviteted a blaster to him to use.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    But he did.

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    They knew he was a Jedi, so it's not like he had to hide the fact to protect the hostages. Unless he figured that if he used overwhelming force, like using the Force, would cause the bounty hunters to panic and due something like hurt more hostages. Make them feel they have the advantage, so that they become relaxed and then get them with their gaurd down. Maybe, maybe not, it's just a thought.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    One thing I have been seeing lately is the series is too tied to that line. A Jedi should not be powerless or weak without his or her lightsaber. The Force should be their main source of power and their lightsaber is their weapon/tool for their own defense. In TCW, Jedi rarely rely on the Force. It's mainly if you don't have your lightsaber, and if you're a Jedi, you're screwed unless you find it. It's very shocking to see Jedi actually do that, and the series is not Force-friendly if you want to call it that. You can say that's Lucas' fault. He did change the Force to include Midi-chlorians, and how Jedi need a lightsaber to fight and without it, they can't do much. The prequels show this, and before the prequels, the EU and the OT showed the Jedi more-so relying on the Force.

22. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Those people will only be familar with TCW Kamino battle anyway so it won't confuse them in the slightest. The people that don't read the comics and sourcebooks will be the least confused, not the most.

23. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    :oops: I forgot that part! Please, everyone ignore my awkward mistake.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It dosen't really matter, the trailer looks awesome and season three looks even better than season 2. I don't mind or care if Bane can use a lightsaber or not. The guy's ankle rockets can fly at great hieghts, therby nulliying all that crap of 100 meterts in the air and all that roleplaying mumbo jumbo stuff. We have cloaking device, we have the dugs and their staff weapons and all that stuff. Can't wait for more and hope that they do come out with a clone tropper movie showing the arcs and what not.

25. cadbanerocks21

cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2010
    I didn't understand the brand-new Season 3 Trailer. Everyone was too fast, and I saw some characters. I had to ocasinally pause, and I saw Embo, or some guy who looked like him.I could see stuff like the new Jedi woman, Shaak Ti, and those Trident ships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.