main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New section in SciFi3D: Rendered Models

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by yaume, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaume

yaume Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2001
    Hi there, i just write here bcause i frequently enter here looking for rendered pictures of the vehicles (i cannot manage to buy 3ds or any renderer out there), and i thought it would be great to have some kind of media collection associated to each item, with differents points of view and even different lightning for each view (maybe that's too much, but at least having differents angles would be really useful).

What do you think? I ask this because i like to make fakes including SW vehicles in landscape photos, but i frequently can't find the right angle for the ship i like.

Anyone agrees?

2. yaume

yaume Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2001
    well, i read my own message after posting and i'd like to add a couple of things:

1.-I mean IMAGES, in JPG or even better, in PNG format, with alpha channel included.
    2.-And the other thing: the better the resolution, the most useful would be the picture.

No one agrees?

3. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Well int's not that its hard but it's a hassle to render out 10 different views of a 3d model especially if it takes a long time. and most people don't want to spend the time.

4. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Well.. somebody can do this for you if you want. But it's not gonna be hosted on SCIFI 3D. There are apps out there, converters like Nugraf, that will render something for you. But that's not guarantee that it'll look like it should, or it does in the author's pic. I just would never host a bunch of stuff like this #1, and #2 the site is ASP driven and won't support that sorta thing without major code change. #3 I have to allocate the time I have to things that are on a list of priority. This just isn't even gonna make that list. So I'm sorry I won't be able to help in anyway with this request. In fact.. this sounds more like a request. If you wanna practice compositing skills try finding a renderer.. or put this in the REQUEST thread for help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.