main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New ship...

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Lots, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iyidin_Kyeimo

Iyidin_Kyeimo Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2000
    /¦\
    .¦
    .¦ .. ???????????

2. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    ^
    clicky

I've just looked at the textures for this ship in that last post by Lots, and I'm slightly confused. From the streaks, it looks like what I thought was the back of the ship is actually the front.

Which way does it face?

3. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Heh.. the end with no engines on it (the blue glows..) is the front :p The orange glow coming from between the two side hull things is a "main gun"

Anyway as for updates, i've been kinda slack :p a series of events kinda slowed me down :)

First there was a mad storm over the summer and lightning struck my house.. made a nice gaping hole in the chimney and fried quite a few things.. All TVs phones and my network.. thought the computers were fine for hte most part (burned out network cards and cable modems and routers) Anyway, so that kinda took my momentum. Then school started back up and being a senior and all that this year (college) i've had loads of classes and final projects to do.. so most of my modelling was put on the back burner.. But.. The model for all purposes is finished. along with the texturing on the bridge. But i havnt had much time to add to the textures.. i've had quite a few projects to do recently :p that and since texturing isnt one of my "good skills" its been kinda slow :)

[image=http://whisperingstatues.com/alf/version4_texture8.jpg]
    [image=http://whisperingstatues.com/alf/version4_texture9.jpg]

4. Stamper007

Stamper007 Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2004
    Wow man, I think your model is amazing. You might be kinda slow with it, but you're still awesome at texturing. I can't wait for this baby to be done...keep it up!

5. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    I like this one from your earlier versions of your model Lot.

[image=http://www.whisperingstatues.com/alf/alternate01.jpg]

It kinda looks like a new version of a Star Destroyer
    Just put a couple of Ion thrusters on the wings

I guess its too late :p

6. Cryptite_

Cryptite_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    Kinda looks like an iron... :p

7. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001

Try Iron your clothes

8. Hey LOTS,

the model is looking fantastic mate.

I'm liking the textures your applying, but I have to say, there is something more real in the non textured version. It looks more like it's a scale model and more realistic, it's the kind of approach were using on our film RISE OF THE EMPIRE for certain things.

Other than that mate, keep it up.

Jonathan ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.