main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Short: Frisbee

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ElectroFilms, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ElectroFilms

ElectroFilms Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2007
    New short Frisbee. (for those not on my facebook)
    This was shot by a crew of 2 in 2 hours. More experimental than anything as it was filmed for my video production class.
    Our given location was 'on campus' and our prop was a frisbee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihCf52SxoSE

Critiques welcome an appreciated.

-Justin

2. Cramer

Cramer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    Fun. I liked where you went with it, some of the shots were composed a little off, but I see what you were trying to get at. Were you wearing microphones?

3. ElectroFilms

Apr 13, 2007
    Thanks! Yes, composition was a bit quick and dirty. I was behind the camera only half of the time--with no real time for pick ups. If the 1st shot was poorly composed, then I just tried to match the reverse shot for the pure sake of continuity.
    We'll have more than 2 hours to shoot next project.

To answer your question, we used a shotgun mic mounted on the camera. I had my wireless lav mics with me, but I'm not sure how well they would have served us with the jumping and rolling.

4. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    That was short 'n sweet. I like little films like this that are to the point.
    The flying frisbee shot looked really good. Only shot I really didn't care for was your break-dancing with the obvious pan/scan. Your moves were fine. :p

5. ResisterOfEvil

ResisterOfEvil Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2007
    Good job! I liked the part where you had four shots at once on screen changing with the music, made it exiting. Keep it up.

6. ElectroFilms

Apr 13, 2007
    Thanks for watching. I answered you question on Youtube, that I edited everything right in after effects.
    It just seems like a much more efficient 'pipeline' (or lack of one) for me.