main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ New shows!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Darn, I was enjoying those old Next Generation episodes. There was something about the Next Generation characters which was just so warm and fuzzy.

I only saw half an episode of Enterprise, I think. My loyalties were always with Knight Rider :)

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

You get one more double episode of The Next Generation tomorrow, but then they move to the Friday timeslot after a nearly two week gap.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Actually, it looks like I got that wrong (again). The Next Generation is playing every week night at 10:30pm, not just Fridays. [face_plain]

4. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    A lot of SW references in the new season of Buffy. Last night's episode had a couple dancing in Luke and Leia costumes, Willow walked by and said, a bit disgusted, "Didn't they know they were brother and sister?" [face_laugh]

I couldn't find the other thread and this was on the third page. [face_shocked]

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Grrrr ... :mad:

The {beep} schedulers at TV3 finally play that Harrison Ford profile show that was advertised a while back, but I only found out this afternoon when I switched channels and it was already half-way through. :(

6. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Was it any good?

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

The bit I saw was quite good (I think I've seen it before, years ago), but I'd missed most of the Star Wars bits and only got the end of RotJ and later movies. :(

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Quantum Leap repeats finished last Saturday night. :(

Starting tonight (7:30pm, TV4) is a new show, which sounds sort of like a cross between The X-Files and Early Edition ...
    The Chronicle
    Sci-fi drama about a journalist who takes a job on a tabloid newspaper and discovers the paper's sensationalistic headlines are true.
    Tonight: Tucker Burns investigates reports of an alien sighting.

According to the preview section of TV Guide ...
    What if the bizzare stories in the tabloid press were true? That's the gem of an idea for the new Saturday serio-comic adventure show The Chronicle debuting on TV4 at 7:30pm on August 10 (replacing Quantum Leap. Rena Sofer and Chad Willett play journalists who chase aliens, ghosts and giant lizards around New York. Curtis Armstrong (best known as the sidekick in the 80's series Moonlighting, plays the half-man / half-porcine Pig Boy who runs their newspaper's archives.

Hmmmmmm .... ?[face_plain]

And talking of The X-Files. Because Xena finishes it last ever season this Tuesday night (8:30pm, TV4, 13 August), the short-lived spin-off series The Lone Gunmen starts the following week (8:30pm, TV4, Tuesday, 20 August).

:)

9. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Well, thanks to the stupidity of those in charge, The Lone Gunmen will be starting with the second episode - as if it wasn't a short-lived enough series to begin with.

The first episode (broadcast in the US on 4 March, 2001) is evidently about a terrorist who uses remote controls to fly a jet airplane into the World Trade Center - so they obviously can't show that on TV (despite the fact that they played the real life version over, and over, and over, and over ...).

DUH! Why not just put one of those messages in front to warn those who may not want to watch. [face_plain]

10. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    And remember the episode of The Simpsons: The City of NY vs Homer Simpson? They've decided not to air it again. :(

11. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Another new TV show (that resurrects the past) ...
    Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future
    9:00am, TV2, Saturdays

It's looks reasonable, for a change. It's a 3D computer graphics cartoon with cheesy "acting" to match the old Dan Dare/Flash Gordon movies. The ships look like they're straight out of the Naboo shipyards - which of course they sort of are, since the Star Wars design team partly used old Flash Gordon/Dan Dare for inspiration. :)

12. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Transformers Robots in Disquise starts on tv2 at 4pm from next week its listed as car robots but thats a tv2 screw up they sent a fellow tf fan an email confermining it was rid

also lets hope they dont start at ep3 like in austrila cause in the first 2eps megatron flies through some buildings

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

They probably will. It's obvious that they can't show such scenes on TV now, even though the following week there's at least three documentaries on about last year's "Terrorist Attack" that'll be showing the real footage over and over and over again. [face_plain]

14. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Is that the real footage though? [face_plain]

Sorry, still remember that article in Craccum...

15. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Nope, some of it will definitely be 3D computer graphic "simulations". [face_plain]

16. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    TV4 is showing the mini-series 'From the Earth to the Moon', two episodes at a time, starting from Mon 2 at 9:30pm.
    This first screened back in 1998, on tv3 at some other stupid hour, which is a real shame, because I thought it was amazing. I love it so much, I had to import the entire series on DVD from the states.
    I recommend it to another who's interested in the moon landing.

17. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I second the "From Earth to the Moon". Made by the same production team as "Apollo 13", this was a made-for-cable show in the US, with 60 minute run times (versus normal 44 minutes plus ads) and movie quality special effects, along with excellent directors (Tom Hanks, Sally Field etc.) It's one classy and very accurate show.

What is it with Transformers, BTW? Jeeze .... I thought they were pretty cool when I was 10, but they haven't really aged like SW has, surely ....

18. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Sadly the new seris of transformer hasbro has screwed up first of all their dub from the jap version to us and slight rewrites has made this seris a total kiddy show with huge conuity errors.

But this seris of toys is the best yet so much articulation its not funny and real car sculpts i recomend u by at least a car brother to find out

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Another Miniseries "coming soon" on TV3 is Dinotopia - looks like pretty good effects. :)

20. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i was just about to mention that.....looks like a combination between the Lost WOrld and the Never Ending Story...........not so sure if i will watch this one

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

You can actually already hire the Dinotopia DVD / video, so you don't need to watch TV3's "premiere". :)

I might watch it - just depends on what ridiculous time slot they put it in. [face_plain]

It's only just debuted in the US and I've no idea when (or if) it's coming to New Zealand TV, but here's some pictures (takes a while to load them all) from the new Stargate: Infinity cartoon - looks reasonably well drawn, for a change. It's set 50 years after Stargate SG-1, so there's no animated "MacGyver" in it. :)

For those who don't already know, Farscape has just been cancelled in the US (although various petitions have been started to "save" it) - can't say it matter too much since we're still at least two seasons behind and we haven't seen it here for a well over a year (or two!). [face_plain]

22. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

"New" shows ...
    Dinotopia (miniseries)
    TV3
    7:30pm - 9:25pm
    Tuesday 24, Wednesday 25, AND Thursday 26, September

Enterprise (continuing season one)
    PrimeTV
    9:30pm - 10:30pm :(
    Starts Sunday, 22 September
    (followed by the original Star Trek)

And a bit of MacGyver, The Movie news ...
    Anderson Out of Action
    After years of playing mild-mannered 80s action hero MacGyver, actor Richard Dean Anderson will finally see the resourceful TV secret agent on the big screen. New Line Cinema is developing a feature film, following the adventures of spy guy Angus MacGyver but, although they're keen to give Richard a role in the big-budget film, they're also clear they will be casting a younger, hotter actor in the lead role.

MacGyver without Richard Dean Anderson?? ?[face_plain] That just ain't possible!! :(

23. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    As long as they keep the hairdo. 8-}

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Hmmmm ... I can't say I was that impressed with Dinotopia. It was a bit on the slow, boring side. Oh well. [face_plain]

Sci-fi(ish) movies on TV this week ...
    • Martians Go Home
      TV2, 12:00noon, Saturday, 28 September

• Casper Meets Wendy
      TV2, 6:30pm, Saturday, 28 September

• Galaxy Quest
      TV2, 8:30pm, Sunday, 29 September

• The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space
      TV3, 12:00noon, Tuesday, 2 October

• Invasion UFO
      TV2, 3:00am, Wednesday, 3 October

:)

25. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Speaking of Dinotopia, when I was watching the first part, my brother walked by and said, "That looks a lot like Star Wars." Me: "...How so?" Him: "'Cause there are dinosaurs in it."

[face_laugh] :confused: [face_plain]

*bangs head on wall*

I need to force him to watch SW with me next time. 8-}

Buffy getting no good! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.