main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ New shows!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Some scenes in Dinotopia DID look like Star Wars .. especially when they were riding the two-legged dinosaurs, they look just like the Gungan Kaadu or even the Taun Tauns. :)

> Buffy getting no good!

What do you mean "getting"?!?!?! It was worse than hopeless before it even started. :p

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    There is a bit of a history between Dinotopia and Star Wars.

The story I heard was that Iain McCaig, one of the art designers on TPM, was inspired by the illustrations in the Dinotopia books for the design of Theed City. The owners of Dinotopia spotted this immediately in the final movie, and there was some conversation, but no legal action.

Here's the stories on TFN relating to it:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=2731

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?action=getstory&storyID=4020

I have yet to watch the final part, I had to tape it ... so I've still got bets on about who's going to get the girl. I don't get what either of them see in her anyway, she's way too perfect, lol. I loved Zippo though, so cute! and 26 ... awwwwww

3. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Now that I think about it, Theed and Waterfall City DID look very much alike.

I had to miss the second half of the second part, but saw the rest ... I won't spoil the ending for you though. :)

Zippo reminded me of Cornelius, one of the monkeys played by Roddy McDowell in the original Planet of the Apes movies - they even sounded alike.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Some of the scenes (especially the message bird and the 'bus') reminded me of The Flintstones.

:)

5. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Okay, so she loved both of them. Rip off!!! Now all the fans of the series will get into deadly internet wars about who Marion actually married.

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I vaguely remember reading about a Dinotopia series, but I've no idea whether that was this mini-series or a spin-off wekkly series. I'd think a weekly series would either be VERY expensive to make or have MUCH fewer (or lower quality) dinosaurs in it.

Last night was the season final of Earth: Final Conflict - next week TV4 have put a movie in it's place. BUT, last night I saw a promo advert saying Star Trek: Voyager was "returning soon" - so either this will replace E:FC or the pretty hopeless Total Recall that is HOPEFULLY near the end (for ever!). :)

7. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    There was nothing like SW when my brother said that. 8-} They weren't at Waterfall City yet.

Marion is a bit annoying.

8. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    26 is so cute! [face_love]

9. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    The Simpsons has returned!!!! :D :D :D

Starting this Sunday, October 6th on TV 2 at 7pm. :) *does the happy dance*

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Is that new shows or just more rotating repeats AGAIN?? [face_plain]

11. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

<Beep> the Simpsons, Stargate SG1 is back!!! 7:30pm, Fridays, starting 18 October. :D

12. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Woohoo!!!!! 2 of my fave shows back on the tele //rushes off to stock up on blank videos//

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

According to TV Guide, The Simpsons starting tomorrow night are just repeats, not new episodes. :(

BUT, the current and new TV Guides shows a small pile of other new and repeated shows as well ...
    • The Simpsons (repeats?)
      7:00pm, Sundays on TV2
      Starts today!

• JAG (new episodes)
      12:00noon, Weekdays on TV3
      Starts 7 October
      Back after a school holiday break.

• McLeod's Daughters (new season)
      8:30pm, Thursdays on TV2
      Starts 10 October

• Beast Wars Transformers (probably a repeat)
      10:00am, Saturdays on Prime TV
      Starts 12 October

• Reboot (probably a repeat)
      10:30am, Saturdays on Prime TV
      Starts 12 October

• Star Trek: Voyager (new season)
      8:30pm, Saturdays on TV4
      Starts 12 October

• Earth: Final Conflict (new season)
      9:30pm, Saturdays on TV4
      Starts 12 October

• The Osbournes (repeats)
      9:35pm, Wednesdays on TV2
      Starts 16 October
      Arrrggghhhhh!!!! This garbage was bad enough to miss the first time, yet alone repeated so soon!! :mad:

• Stargate SG-1 (new season)
      7:30pm, Friday on TV2
      Starts 18 October with a double length episode
      Unfortunately Wing Commander the movie starts at 8:30 onTV3, but evidently that's a missable experience. :)

and the weeks' Sci-Fi(ish) movies are ...
    • Men in Black
      8:30pm, Tuesday, 8 October on TV3

• Mystery Science Theatre 3000
      9:30pm, Tuesday, 8 October on TV4

• Braveheart
      Part 1: 11:00pm, Saturday, 12 October on TV3
      Part 2: 10:35pm, Sunday, 13 October on TV3
      For those who want to see the original "Episode II Trailer" footage ;)

• Wing Commander
      8:30pm, Friday, 18 October on TV3

:)

14. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Repeats are better than none. :) I think the new episodes will come during Febuary and run until July. Besides the reruns are newer episodes too. :)

15. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    awsome new series of earth final conflict and voyager i really like those shows

and repeats of reboot and beast wars ill have to tape them there awsome prime must have done a deal with mainframe entertainment

anyone who hasnt watched beast warrs watch it it was written for adults best cartoon ever

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There's another couple of cartoons before Reboot and Beast Wars, but I've no idea what they're about, yet.

Evidently there is a weekly TV series of Dinotopia coming that follows on from the mini-series. It's starting in the US in late November, so expect it here in 2010. ;)

Actually, from the way they're all complaining about the mini-series on the TV3 message board, we may not get it here at all. It was fairly boring, but infinitely better than the silly Survivior: Thailand garbage they seem to want. [face_plain]

17. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Doh!! Double post. :(

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Doh!! Make that triple post. :_|

19. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Seems like there are some troubles with the boards tonight...

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I enjoyed Dinotopia a lot. I don't think I'd go and get it on DVD, but it was a high-quality adaptation of a book.

I guess a lot of it was aimed at Dinosaur lovers, the kind who have plastic model glow in the dark dino skeletons decorating their room, not that I do, of course ;) ;)

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

(Semi)Good News, Bad News

First the Bad News ...
    • It looks like Prime TV ditched ReBoot (and possibly Beast Wars) at the last minute. They're both advertised in today's newspaper, but when I switched on for ReBoot all I got was some stupid kid's quiz show. :(

• Some fool on the Dan Dare cartoon has decided to "improve" the quality of the 3D graphics, now they look a little silly and the background scenery is often at too high a resolution for the TV, causing a shimmering effect. :(

Now the (semi)Good News ...
    • Not only does the new season of Earth: Final Conflict start tomorrow in the usual timeslot, but TV4 are also starting repeats (not sure what season) at about 11:25pm on week nights starting on Wednesday, 16 October - the actual start time and which days (some are skipped) seems to depend on how long the movie beforehand is.

• TV2 are starting repeats of Roswell (not from the start) at 10:25pm on Fridays, starting with a double episode on 25 Ocotober - again, this start time may depend on the length of the gilm beforehand.
    The timeslot for both of these is ridiculous!! :(

22. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Coolness, Roswell was all good, albeit the cancellation of the series forced them to tie it up in such a crappy manner.

The same thing happened with Dark Angel as well.

Glad to see ST:Voyager is back, if only to oggle at Jeri Ryan. Somehow, she's not quite as hot as a teacher on Boston Public as she is as 7 of 9 in that rather tight costume. :D

New Simpsons episodes are still amusing. I hear they canned Futurama in the states, but are doing a new show in its place.

Does anyone know when we'll be getting CSI: Miami or the new season of regular CSI?

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > New Simpsons episodes are still amusing. I hear they canned Futurama in the states, but are doing a new show in its place. <

I read that there are still 2 or so Futurama seasons in the can, which is good news.

And if you haven't seen "The Office" yet (TV1, Wed nights ~10pm), you should. It's the funniest thing on TV. Shot in sort of documentary / reality TV style (much like the movie Spinal Tap) with Fly-On-The-Wall scenes interspersed with to-the-camera interviews, it details the workings of a Paper Merchant's office in the UK.

So funny. So very funny.

24. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    My brother always tells me to watch it, JP.

Maybe I should really check it out sometime.

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It's on tonight Debo. Can you receive NZ TV transmissions in Holland?

Turn your aerial a little southward...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.