1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (10th-12th November), Adelaide (17th-19th November)

Oz Comic Con: Brisbane (23rd-24th September), Sydney (30th September-1st October),

FF:NZ New shows!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The tick live action show is on at 2.30pm on Sundays very funny
  2. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

Errr ... yeah ... OK. ?[face_plain]

Don't get attached to it. I'm not sure how many episodes they made, but it got cancelled before the end of season 1.
  3. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

Well, the latest new / rumor on the "new" Battlestar Galactica series looks EXTREMELY disappointing from what I've just found on the Usenet newsgroups ...

From Dark Horizons

Battlestar Galactica (TV)
    We've all heard talk about how Ronald D. Moore's version of the new show will differ greatly from the old series, today we found out by how much. FilmJerk reports that USA Cable Entertainment has given Moore's version the greenlight and will start production in March in Vancouver on the four hour mini-series that will potentially 'launch' the new show. Whilst a short synopsis for the project sounds very much like the original show, there are some big changes including some big feminine additions to the show. No longer will Starbuck be a blond and somewhat nervous male warrior, instead SHE will be a ballsy loner full of profanity and taken to jogging around the ship in her bra. There's also a President Laura Roslin character who'll serve as a foil to Commander Adama and get into numerous fights with him. Baltar has become a handsome guy plagued by visions of a beautiful humanoid Cylon who seduced him named 'Number Six'. Fans will not be happy. Thanks to 'Edward'.

There's also evidently more changes listed at
    [link=http://www.filmjerk.com/archives/0212/021203galactica.html]FilmJerk[/link], but I can't get in there at the moment (probably stupid Ihug!).

:( :_| :mad:
  4. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

Well, the above Battlestar Galactica rumor is basically all true - what a load of garbage that looks like it'll be. :(

For those interested, TV3 are repeating the mini-series The 10th Kingdom at 12:00noon everyday day next week (Monday to Friday). It's a little slow in parts, but otherwise quite watchable. Some might want to stock up on video tapes over the weekend. :)

5. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, cool!!! I loved the 10th Kingom! I've been wanting to get it on DVD for ages.

A new mini-series based on the Neverending Story is starting on Prime, on Sat 21 7:30pm.
  6. Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ooo I loved The 10th Kingdom too! And I missed the first half hour so I have to watch it again. :D
  7. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    The 10th Kingdom was just as cool the second time around. Virginia's mother was just so scary and evil ... Luke should have been grateful his father was only Darth Vader :D

And I see we're finally going see a similar mini-series here - Jack and the Beanstalk : the real story. It's supposed to be very good. They're advertising it as 'coming soon' on tv3.
  8. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

I only missed two of the 10th Kingdom episodes this time around - last time each episode finished after my bedtime (I think). I hope you recognised Warwick Davis (Wicket the Ewok) playing the part of Acorn. :)

The Tales From the NeverEnding Story series begins tonight (7:30pm-8:30pm, Saturday, 21 December) on Prime TV - the same time as The Chronicle. :(

Also starting today (for those who must watch such rubbish) is the Mr Bean cartoon, 7:00pm - 7:30pm, Saturday, 21 December on TV3. Evidently there's about 50 episodes of this. [face_plain]

TV2 are playing the two-part mini-series The Mists of Avalon on Thursday 2 and Friday 3, January at 8:30pm - 10:30pm. I don't know much about this one, but it stars Julianna Margulies from ER and some people here might be interested in the King Arthur story. :)

The Dinotopia series that follows on from the recent mini-series is evidently coming to TV3 at some stage in 2003, but I wouldn't get too attached since it's just been cancelled in the US after only six episodes have been made. It might get picked up by SciFi or another cable channel, but I wouldn't count on it. :(

There's no Star Wars movies scheduled this Christmas / New Year (they quite often play one of them), but there is Willow playing on TV3 at 1:25pm - 4:00pm, Wednesday, 1 January - again with Warwick Davis. :)

9. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

In yet another stupid mid-season move by TV3/4 (although it means I can now watch it), they've now changed Earth: Final Conflict to Sundays at 8:30pm - this new timeslot starts today (Sunday, 29 December).

[face_plain]
  10. YouAgain Jedi Master

star 5
    Indiana Jones is on tonight

Like right now
  11. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

Yep. I posted that in the Movies topic a while back. They're playing all three Indiana Jones movies over three Sundays in a row. :)

For those interested, Samurai Jack starts playing on TV2 next Saturday (9:25am). This is the cartoon show that was done by the same guy they were saying was going to do the Clone Wars cartoon (although it may not have been the same style of cartoon).
  13. YouAgain Jedi Master

star 5
    First time I ever saw Indiana Jones And I must say WOW

I love the music Dum De Dum Dum... Dum De Dum ..Dum De Dum Dum... Dum De Dum Dum Dum
  14. Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Gah! Kitt beat me to the Lego Leia! :_| :_|

8-}

Yep, watched Raiders last night for the first time too, though I thought Last Crusade was funnier. :)

15. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

Most Star Wars fans like Indy as well, probably because it's a very similar character to Han Solo (partly thanks to Harrison Ford playing both roles). You can almost see Han Solo being Indy in a previous life. :)

I'm a bit worried about the new Idiana Jones 4. The rumor is that all of Indy's girlfriends from the previous movies will be in it - sounds like an idea from a bad sitcom. :(

16. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling

star 3
    you watched "Raiders" for the _first_ time? Jeepers! That's probably my second most watched film of all time after SW IV. I can't believe you're a SW fan and have gone this far without seeing Raiders.

Great film .... my lovely wife bought me the boxed set on video a few years ago as a Christmas present. Again, no sign of the DVD, and the rumour is they won't be released on DVD until after Indy IV comes out ...

Lawrence
  17. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

Grrrrr!!!! :mad:
    Stargate SG-1
    The bad news is that Stargate SG-1 will not return this year. It was not performing well in the ratings and has been removed from the schedule. The decision was made after the last episode screened therefore we did not know it would be the last episode at the time, so could not alert fans to this. No new time and day has been confirmed as yet.

TV3's hopelessness is spreading. :(

Looks like if you actually want to see TV shows in this country you need to buy a decent DVD player and order the shows from the US. [face_plain]
  18. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows never seem to do well in New Zealand. Most of them seem to end up screening late at night, on weekend afternoons, or on tv4.
  19. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Stupid tv4 screwing up sci fi saturday ive missed 3 eps of efc cause indy is on at the same time
  20. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

They also have a bad habit of moving shows to the weekday early afternoons - it's no wonder "nobody watches them". :(

Alias, Charmed and Stargate (to name three recent ones) have all been dropped mid-season because of supposed bad ratings, and yet according to the Best on the Box survey in new TV Guide, all three are in the Top 20 shows ... just goes to prove that the so-called ratings they use are garbage! Grrrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

I can't remember what next Sunday's movie is, but I'm pretty sure it was rubbish, so we'll be able to see Earth: Final Conflict - although I've only seen about two other whole episodes of it anyway. :(
  21. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Transformers armada is on tv3 at 4.30 starting on the 29th this seris is worsse than rid this is pokemon transformers but the toys rocck now they will sell like hotcakes
  22. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    The mini-series, Jack and the Beanstalk: The real story is on TV3 at 7:30.

It finishes just in time to click over and watch the Golden Globes on TV2 :)
  23. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

I was trying to watch the new 3D graphics cartoon Shadow Raiders on Prime TV this morning to see if it was any good. I managed to see the opening sequence and about two minutes of the first episode and then the channel just went to static (all the others were fine and Prime's back now). It looked like it might be OK, lots of spaceships and androids, etc. in the opening. Now I'll have to wait until next Saturday. :(
  24. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

Finally ... tomorrow (Wednesday, 29 January) sees the end of these insane Digi-clone cartoons that have been driving me up the wall. Tomorrow the super-pathetic Sticky TV returns to TV3 with some new cartoons:
    • Hamtaro (the Gameboy game is pretty good, not sure if the cartoon is) at 3:30pm and
    • Transformers Armada at 4:30pm.

:)
  25. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan

star 4

:mad:

It looks like Stargate SG-1 will be coming back to TV2, but in a silly timeslot - 9:30pm. Evidently this starts on Friday, 14 Febraury (probably with Alias in the old 8:30pm timeslot). That means no more Stargate for me. :_|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.