1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (19th-21st June), Perth (26th-28th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (27th-28th June), Brisbane (19th-20th September)

FF:NZ New shows!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i thought angel was the chick version of buffy
  2. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    I prefer Buffy and i'm a girl. :D
  3. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    and ditto, but vice versa. :D

EDIT: that doesnt sound right, let me rephrase:

I prefer Angel and I'm a guy. go figure.
  4. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Roswell starts a new season this week with a double episode - Tuesday, 8:30pm - 10:25pm.

Just after Stargate SG-1! :)
  5. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    the ad for roswell makes it look like a raunchy series. ;) eh eh eh ;)

MAW GAWD - how halirious was irish popstars. The first Ep is always the funniest - people are shockers.

some were hot - may be promising. :D

who watched "Nuremburg";

A US mini series that details the events surrounding the Nuremburg Trials - the court case that saw 21 high-ranking members of the Third Reich tried for crimes against humanity committed during WWII. The Nazi soldiers, whose number included the former chief of the Luftwaffe Hermann Goering, faced incarceration and various cunning attempts to gain evidence of complicity en route to their trial and eventual dispensation of justice.

It's all about the court case in which US/UK/Russian and French put 21 NAZI high "leaders" on trial for crimes during war - which had never been done before. Germany logged EVERYTHING they did, because they saw themselves as supreme and never thought their documents would be used against them in court!

Last night they started the court case and went through reading a few documents. which was nasty enough. then they decided to get a witness as one witness would be more influencial that 1000 documents. They had one guy tell of "tests" the NAZI's performed on Jews - freezing water then trying to revive the frozen men. etc. Then a motion picture of a few films was brought to light and they showed it. It was actual footage of concentration camps from WWII., I was shocked. just unbelievable how skinny these people were, and the condition. :( (not overly graphic)

if you missed last night - im sure you could pick it up tonight but only if you want to [face_plain]

(sorry to be a downer - but its an eyeopener series.)

SHORTLAND STREET ON TONIGHT (lol)
  6. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    its a good film, watched it on vid last year
  7. Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus

star 4
    "Bleugh" to Roswell. The recaps at MightyBigTV.com make it really funny, though (and will also make you notice all the flaws).

I wish they'd complete Season Eight of The X-Files. They stopped it before it reached the half-way point of the series.
  8. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    There's lots and lots of new and returning shows in the latest TV Guide (2 - 8 February) - remember, this is just over a week away.

The main ones are ...
    • Sabrina, the Teenage Witch returns for a new season (6:30pm, Saturdays on TV2).

• The Simpsons also return for a new season (7:00pm, Saturdays on TV2).

• Smallville, the early years of Superman starts with it's pilot episode (7:30pm, Saturdays on TV2). Oldies like me should look out for one of the good ol' Dukes of Hazard boys playing Mr Kent.

• ER starts its new season with special a double episode (8:30pm, Sunday, 3 February on TV2) before moving back to its regular timeslot (8:30pm, Mondays on TV2).

• Ricki Lake Show (2:00pm, weekdays on TV2) - yes, well ... ZZZzzzzzz.

• Make Way for Noddy. YIPPEE! Noddy's back! (3.00pm, weekdays on TV2). This is as good news as the return of Bill and Ben (3:25pm, weekdays on TV2). :)

• Home and Away (5:30pm, weekdays on TV2) - more ZZZZzzzzz.

• Malcolm in the Middle returns for a new season (7:30pm, Mondays on TV3).

• Dark Angel returns for season two (8:30pm, Mondays on TV3) - are you listening SithForceLord :)

• 24 - a new series (9:30pm, Mondays on TV3) where each episode follows one hour of the same day where Kiefer Sutherland is trying to stop the assassination of the US President and find his missing daughter.

• Maybe It's Me (7:30pm, Fridays on TV2). "Comedy about a normal teen coping withan eccentric family" - sounds like a Malcolm in the Middle clone to me (or even The Simpsons).

And the up-coming sci-fi movies are ...
    • Species (9:35pm, Saturday, 2 February on TV2).

• Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan (11:05pm, Saturday, 2 February on TV3).

• Mystery Monsters (10:40am, Sunday, 3 February on TV2).

• My Favourite Martian (7:30pm, Wednesday, 6 Febraury on TV3). Yet another old show given the movie treatment.

• Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 (10:35pm, Wednesday, 6 February on PrimeTV). A Dr Who movie which includes Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin) - I had to get Star Wars in here somewhere. :D

PHEW!! :)

9. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    WOO-HOO! The Simpsons is back! [face_laugh] :D

But I thought TV2 was gonna put it in the friday slot.
  10. Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That's about the only show I really care about in that list :D Mike Scully has left the series...hope that helps things.

Oh, well...I also care about Noddy. But I won't be home in time to see it.
  11. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    12 monkeys is on 4 tonight at 9.30
  12. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    and don't forget, beastwars is on 130am channel 3
  13. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah! I caught that on friday morning. (could'nt sleep) !| (1/2 asleep face)

TV3 has strange ideas about what time they put programmes on... ?[face_plain]
  14. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Lil_Lisa: But I thought TV2 was gonna put it in the friday slot.

I guess they decided to put it on Saturday's instead of waiting for Futurama to finish it's season in the usual Sunday timeslot.

Darth Sebious: I also care about Noddy. But I won't be home in time to see it.

The do-gooders have probably ruined it like they did the books. :(

15. Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus

star 4
    If they don't stop Futurama in the middle of the season (as they have seemed to do in the past), it'll be going for a long time yet. And after that there's another season available. I hope they go through all the episodes available.

I'm not sure if Saturday is the best timeslot for The Simpsons. It's audience is mainly kids, teenagers, and twenty-somethings (and I say mainly...there are of course many fans outside that age bracket, too). And Saturday would be the night most of the latter two categories would most likely go out. Friday wouldn't be much better, I suppose. Sundays would be ideal. A Simpsons/Futurama hour would be great.

16. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    A Simpsoms/Futurama hour.... [/homer drool] That'd be too good to be true. It might actually boost Futurama's rating. I know The Simpsons does pretty well (I used to check The Sunday Star Times for the tv ratings...sad me).
  17. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I commend thee on the range of the shows thou hath posted.

DARK ANGEL. :D

and other shows...
  18. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    SithForceLord, did you know that there's a couple of Dark Angel wallpaper images and a screensaver for you to download at the TV website? :)

For those of us with more taste there's a Bob the Builder screensaver instead. :p
  19. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    lol!

the new show called "Theives" looks... ok
  20. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i wish tv3 would take up the simpsons, they don't seem to care about ratings;)

saturday evening is an ok time for a show, most of my friends don't seem to hit the pubs till about 10-11pm.......
  21. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    SithForceLord: the new show called "Theives" looks... ok

It was cancelled in the US after only eight episodes, so don't get too attached.

It's really just a clone of another short-lived series Three that was on TV4 last year.

Another show that's rumored to have been cancelled is Felicity - maybe she cut her hair again. :)
  22. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    hehe

We had a student teacher teaching us Geography last year. GAWD DAMN she was hot. (looked similar to Felicity from that TV show)

The most I learn in GEO the entire year I think :p :D

(which is odd - as i was concentrating ?[face_plain] :p)
  23. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Who saw SPACE last night?

HOLY CR4P!

//paranoid//

Absolutey amazing show (slighty over done in parts) but sheeeeesh. Last night they looked at BLACK HOLES. Freeky sh|t. There is the biggest most hgest BLACK HOLE right in the middle of OUR GALAXY! - VERY CLOSE. As mum said last night - this show is gonna make a few people paranoid. To which I replied, we all gotta die sometime. but still.

They showed a "scenario" if the BLACK HOLE came into our solar system - and how it would right the planets apart and then suck Earth closer to the sun. We and the Earth would melt. Nice comforting thought. :)

WATCH IT IF YOU CAN NEXT WEEK, SERIOUSLY AWESOME SHOW.
  24. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    oh, next week Sam looks at "life on other planets. Should be good.

:D
  25. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

By the time the Earth gets sucked into a black hole, you'd have to be older than the Earth is now.

Besides, the Sun will explode long before that.

:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.