FF:NZ New shows!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That show is so lame. It's sensationalist crap, sadly.

There was a much better BBC space show. I actually think it is currently being repeated on prime.

No coffee cups or lame cgi hologram generators in the desert on that series!

3. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    hahaha

yea - some of the graphics are over the top.

they show the same thing about a black hole like 4 times [face_plain]

still - interesting to know we came from the center of a giant ball of burning gas. (a sun)
  4. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't seen one episode of this Space show. Ah well. Also missed Ewan McGregor and Polar Bears. Saw part of Meg Ryan and elephants, but she was acting so ditzy, I almost couldn't stand it.

edit: talking about black holes. . . does anyone remember that Uncle Albert series - Time and Space of Uncle Albert/Black Holes and Uncle Albert etc. Great series - some of those ideas really mess with your head though.
  5. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    They've all been ditzy: Meg Ryan and her elephants, Ewan McGregor and his polar bears, and Julia Roberts and her Orang-utans. It's like they can't talk sensibly without someone else writing the script - or they're just not used to getting out of bed before 11:30 in the morning. :)

The travel programme Pilot Guides on Prime TV this Friday (7:30pm, 8 February) is visiting Tunisia and Libya. The advert for it shows the presenter (yet another ditz) running around in the Skywalker moisture farm dressed in a Jedi cloak waving a lightsaber ... it might still be worth watching though. :)
  6. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    My mum had never heard of Meg Ryan. She wanted to know why this person who obviously knew nothing about nature was hosting the show. I explained to her that *looks left and right to make sure there are no lurking Americans*
    that Americans can't sit through nature documentaries unless they are hosted by hollywood celebrities.
  7. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    lucky for your mum!

Americans can't sit through nature documentaries unless they are hosted by hollywood celebrities.

I never looked at it that way, but now that I think about it, youre probably right! :)
  8. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    I see there's two more celebrity hosted nature documentaries this Thursday (7 February) ...

Growing Up Grizzly
    Brad Pitt with a family who adopted two orphan bear cubs (and then put them to work acting in movies!) is on TV2 at 7:30pm.

Billy Connolly: A Scot in the Artic
    At the same time on TV3, Billy Connolly spends 10 days alone on Baffin Island (northern Canada) - similar to last week's alone on a desert island documentary with Joanna Lumley.
  9. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    hahaha, nice 'TV BUZZ'.

The Artic one is classic!

10. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    heh, who saw Futurama?

Kip singing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' nearly broke my heart. Awwwwww...

And I nearly died laughing at the one doing Funky Town ...
  11. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    futurama was great, i love it, zap branigan, damm, what a guy
  12. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Scion_of_Oblivion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey FFNZ,

I've just had a quick skim through this thread, it appears you're watching almost identical TV to us in the UK! :)

It's a small world after all! ;)

Scion - Master of Interesting Posts! :D
  14. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    At least you didn't say:

"I didn't know they had Television out there in the islands!"

:D
  15. Scion_of_Oblivion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nah, we know you've got TV, we're just not sure if you export any! ;)

What might I have seen up here? Is Shortland Street one of yours? (Dunno what it's about, just seen the name). I remember a cop show a while back as well, now what was that called - Blue Heelers? (sounds more paramedicy) ;)

There must be more ... ?[face_plain]

:D
  16. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    Never heard of Blue Heelers.

Hi Scion! What brings you out this far? :D
  17. Scion_of_Oblivion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi Lil-Lisa (cute ;) ),

I like to travel! :D

My bad on the Blue Heelers, a very quick search showed it to be an Aussie show - sorry [face_blush]

So, that leaves Shortland Street does it? I still don't know what it is, I'll do a quick search. :)

There MUST be more! ?[face_plain]
  18. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    Shortland Street (aka Sh*tland Street) is an extremely bad clone of the old Australian hopsital soap Young Doctors (which wasn't any good either). Believe me, you don't want to know any more.

Unfortunately I think that's the only show that's exported at the moment - and a very bad example it is. :(

Even more unfortunately, the "actor" (for want of a better word) playing Jango Fett in Star Wars Episode II used to "act" on Shortland Street. Hopefully we never see Jango without his mask and George Lucas will redubb his voice.

I can't stop imagining Padme saying "You're not on Tatooine now, Mr Fett."

Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! :(
  19. Scion_of_Oblivion Jedi Knight

star 2
    LOL@Buzz_Bumble [face_laugh]

I've subjected myself to both Sh*tland St. and Young Doctors in the odd moment of masochism. I didn't remember SS until I did a Google search on it! That says a lot!!! ;)

Is the guy at the top of the screen the one you're talking about? - He looks familiar. ?[face_plain]

20. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes well shortland st as new zealands TV ambassador to the world is a scary concept!

Mind you is there really a NZ TV series that is any better suited? Perhaps country calendar or Street legal(jay Lagaias' in EPII as well)Ha HA!
    Don't forget we did start that whole popstars bizzo! (Not that thats necessarily a good thing!)
  21. Scion_of_Oblivion Jedi Knight

star 2
    I CANNOT believe you are willing to take credit for pop-stars!!!!! :mad:

That is the bravest thing I've seen in a long time! ;)

We have had pop-stars and pop-idol foisted upon us for what seems like YEARS!! :mad:

Pop-idol finally came to an end yesterday when the poor, deluded, star-struck morons were finally whittled down to The One. Coincidently in the same week that our pop-stars had to select a new member because one of the originals buggered off! :eek:

Please, please, please, DO NOT send us any more of this Sh*rtland!!!!! ;)
  22. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Nnnnnnooooooooooo!!

I'd forgotten about that PopStars garbage! Now you've reminded me again! :(

Yep, Jango (Temuera Morrison) Fett is the guy on the left - and I don't mean the lizard ... although come to think of it, they do look similar and having the same "acting" ability. :)
  23. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    hey temm acted good in once were warriors, Jake the Mus aka jango fett HMmmm both ass kicking individuals perhaps (I'm conveniently forgetting speed 2 and that one where he was a pirate!!)

Anyways lets not cut down our tall poppies aye!
  24. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

They're not poppies, they're weeds, and weeds need to be cut down. :)
  25. Scion_of_Oblivion Jedi Knight

star 2
    Once Were Warriors is a good film, but I think I know where I recognised him from:

One of THE best movies ever!

Barb Wire - Splendid!!!!!! :D

[image=http://movieweb.com/movie/barbwire/co5.jpg]

;) [face_devil] ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.