main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ New shows!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    haha beautiful graal

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    OK, Enterprise time details ... :)

Enterprise starts on Sunday 3, March - not tomorrow, but the week after.

Except it's on at 7:30pm, the same time as Knight Rider on TV4. :(

I'm not sure if that's just the "2-hour" pilot episode or if that's it's normal timeslot.

In fact Sunday looks like it's going to be Star Trek night on Prime ...
    Sunday, 3 March

7:30pm Enterprise

9:15pm Star Trek: The Next Generation (from episode one)

10:50pm Star Trek (the original series)

I'm not sure yet what happens to the time slots the following week though, the first two are longer than the normal hour-long show.

Nowhere near as good as Star Wars of course, but it's the closest we get on TV. :)

Prime now have a new partner - Australia's Channel Nine. This means that Prime now has access to all of Channel Nine's new productions and overseas purchases, including Paramount Pictures movies/shows.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I've just been looking at the Paramount website. It looks like a few shows MIGHT be moving to Prime for their next season ...
    • Charmed
    • JAG
    • Relic Hunter
    • Seventh Heaven
    • ED
    • Fraiser
    • Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
    • Judge Judy

Depends what sort of deals there are behind the scenes between
    Prime/Channel Nine, TVNZ, TV3/4 and the US Networks.

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Here's what the listener has to say about Prime:

The new look Prime jumps into the ring with the grown-up channels as it re-invents itself from Sunday, March 3. What to expect? The new programming schedule is all very TV2. we're talking made-for-TV movies, infotainment and a great deal of Jay Laga'aia ( [face_love] ).
    Gone are the high-quality British shows dealing with such arcane topics as "history", "investigative reporting" and "quality drama".
    All hail the Australians and their US friends. Prime is now part of the Packer media empire and has access to the playlist of the Aussie Nine network and Paramount pictures. Behold the future.

The article then goes on to outline all the new shows to expect, including Entertainment Tonight and the Letterman show, strangely enough.

e: I feel sorry for my parents. They loved all the history, travel and classic brit comedy stuff.

5. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    damm it i was right, i had bad memories of aussie tv:(

6. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    That's actualy quite good. Frasiers all good, and ET is going to be must-see with all the media blitz for AotC coming! Hopefully they'll show the trailer, too.

7. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    hopes new transformers cartoon comes to prime

8. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    i liked the difference we had with Prime the old way

9. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    hehehe Transformers... Prime.... thats funny :)

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Looks like Roswell may about to be cancelled. I got this from SciFi.com ...
    Roswell Sets Struck?
    Majandra Delfino, who plays Maria in UPN's teen-alien series Roswell, told fans on her official Web site that the network has ordered the show's sets to be dismantled, a sign that the series is headed for cancellation. Roswell is slated to wrap production on its current season, the show's third, in March.

"News is [that] UPN has ordered the sets to be struck (that means to be torn apart)," Delfino wrote on her site. "Bahhhd sign for you Roswell lovers. So I may be out of a job--oh well, on to the next. Those 14-hour days for nine months straight did get a little taxing, so I'm looking forward to taking it easy."

Delfino added that she's looking forward to leaving a gig that she described as becoming more of a job than a joy. "Gotta tell ya it's gonna be nice not having to wear that Maria clothing and that Maria face all the time," she wrote. "Whew. She was just so different from me, it became a little frustrating after a while, and one starts to feel robbed of their own personality and persona. Time for a little Majandra yo. Heh. Well let's see about that, now without someone writing those lines that pleased some so much."

I can't say I'd be surprised if it did get cancelled.

11. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    roswell eh, i got no clue what the story line is there now

12. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Isabell got married.

I watched part of it when I was bored, and I didn't know what happened before.

ET on Prime? Cool! :cool:

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Mac is back!! :D

MacGYVER!!!
    6:30pm, Saturdays on Prime TV
    (starts 9 March)

YIPPEE!! YIPPEE!! :D

Prime appears to be playing double-episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation on Sundays (with fewer/no adverts). This weekend is the pilot episode, but next weekend still has a similar timeslot 8:25pm - 10:10pm. Which means Enterprise is still in the 7:30pm timeslot - clashing with Knight Rider on TV4. :(

Other TV show news (the week after this coming one) ...
    • Behind the Scenes: E.T.
      "A look at the 20th anniversary edition of the Steven Speilberg movie."
      TV2 - 4:00pm - Sunday, 10 March

• The Lost World: Jurassic Park II
      The 1997 movie.
      TV3 - 8:30pm - Sunday, 10 March

• The Arrival
      The 1996 sci-fi movie.
      TV2 - 10:35pm - Sunday, 10 March

• Space
      The final part in the documentary series hosted by Sam Neill. It's about "the technologies which may one day take our children to the stars".
      TV1 - 9:40pm - Thursday, 14 March

• Inside New Zealand: 2050 - What If?
      Part one of a "three part documentary offering three versions of what life might be like in New Zealand in the year 2050". Could be interesting, but more likely boring.
      TV3 - 8:30pm - Thursday, 14 March

• Starship Troopers
      The 1997 sci-fi movie.
      TV3 - 8:30pm - Friday, 15 March

14. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Enterprise is on tonight
    I,ll watch it

15. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok, tonight's going to be tricky. MacGyver at 6pm. Futurama at 7pm on 2. At 7:30, I guess I'm going to have to tape Knight Rider and check out this 'Enterprise' show. It's going to take a lot to attract me away from my beloved Kitt.

I only watched the Next Generation from the episode where Picard got turned into a Borg onwards, so it might be interesting to check out some of the earlier ones.

I think it really was Picard who made the next generation ... the character really was interesting. And he had so many little characteristics ... like that whole shirt tugging thing and waving his hand around saying 'engage'. Oh, and who could forget 'tea. earl grey. hot' or 'make it so.'.

The characters I really couldn't stand on TNG were Deanna Troi and the notorious Wesley Crusher. What I always wondered was why the ship's counsellor got one of those three big important seats on the front of the bridge. What makes her so great, hmmm? And she was always, always, always stating the obvious. 'Captain, I'm sensing anger!' while there's a klingon hurling a crew member across the bridge. The star trek version of Ric Olie.

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    MacGyver doesn't start until next weekend ... and it's on 6:30pm, Saturdays. :)

I'll watch Enterprise tonight (no Knight Rider :_| ) to see if it's any good, although it sounds like it's going down hill fast anyway - the idiot producers are planning to have more "sensuality" and people running around in their underwear. :(

Deanna Troi probably got a big chair because she couldn't actually do anything else except the ESP tricks - couldn't pilot, couldn't shoot, couldn't give orders, ...
    :)

17. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    The reason she got the chair was cause her rank is commander which makes her 3rd highest ranking person on the ship

18. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    MacGyver doesn't start until next weekend ... and it's on 6:30pm, Saturdays

Hmm. Just checked the listener, and it says it's something called 'Maximum Exposure' on prime at 6. But the Sunday Star Times tv listings says it's MacGyver. It's either a misprint in the paper, or Prime have made a last minute change of schedule. I tried teletext, but they are not listing Prime.
    Ah well, it's only half an hour, I'll check then.

I always thought Troi was a civilian, because she was never in uniform. Though, come to think of it, she might have been in uniform during the last season.

edit:

[image=http://www.sev.com.au/toonzone/sevtrek/strips/sevtrek045.jpg]

:D

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    MacGyver
    You're right. I've just checked the Prime website and it says MacGyver at 6:00pm today too - strange. Thanks though, I'd probably have missed it (if it is on).

Edit #1: Yep!! Mac is back!! :D

Edit #2: I hope they haven't switched it permanently to Sundays. :(

Deanna Troi
    To begin with she was a Lieutenant Commander and was promoted later on to Commander, but for some peculiar reason she didn't wear the proper uniform for most of the shows - probably some fluff about making the person she was counslling feel more comfortable.

20. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    looks up star trek fact files she wore all those funny dresses and stuff cause she is half beiterzoid half human beterzoids dont belive in uniforms apparently

watched enterprise pretty good apart fromt he fact the ship basicly looks like voyager and not what ships its age should look like cool how they used the fella who played zefframe cockram in first contact as him in this also the klingons shouldnt have there ridges and lots of other stuff

21. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Well, I've got to say that's the lamest explanation I've heard for sticking a female military officer in tight low cut dresses. I love to read the 'Star Trek fact files' explanations for Seven's outfits. :D Actually, wait, no, no I wouldn't.

They should balance it out and always have one male crew member who never wears uniform, instead goes around in a pair of speedos :D He could have the little comm badge stuck right on the butt [face_laugh]

I only saw about half of Enterprise ... started channel hopping and got hooked on The Lost World on 1. So what happened in the end? Did they get that klingon guy back home?

22. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    yep. got him back and info was in his blood cells(he did not know)

23. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Enterprise wasn't bad, but I must say the opening sequence is hopeless for a Star Trek show and the "oil me up Scotty" sequence was particularly stupid and unnecessary ... and that's only gonna get worse. :(

It makes The Next Generation straight afterwards look very old in it's set design and special effects - glad I didn't stay up to watch the even older original Star Trek. :)

24. -MacGyver-

-MacGyver- Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2000
    *pulls himself out of TV archives using a few tied together film strips from The Great Escape*

I'm back!? I'M BACK!
    [image=http://www.uplinktech.net/macgyver/photo/images/mactitle.jpg]
    *celebrates, loses grip of film strips, falls back into the depths of TV hell*

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Gotta love Star Trek gals in tight suits ;)

And the first season or so of TNG also had the lovely Tasha Yar (sp?) to boost that quota.

Taped Enterprise last night. Will watch it tonight...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.