main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Site

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by teneniel_djo, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    woah! so much work put into your site teneniel and you want to just give it up - just like that?!!!

the layout of o_w's site i love. it matches the layout of the boards here and that's what i wanted it to look like. there's got to be a way we can reach a compromise on this.

EDIT: this just goes to show what happpens when one person tries to take on a project like this. i strongly suggest we form a web site team and work together.

2. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    go for it. :) i've got a friend who really liked the lay-out of this site and asked if i'd set it up for him so i'll be working on that. i don't know how to change this site around so that it can look like owbe's. if you can, kudos to you. i'm taking it down because it's not what people want and i don't know how to modify it to look the way people want it to look.

honestly, i'm not throwing a tantrum here! :D just trying to look at it logically. if people don't like it, then why keep it up?

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    i have NO idea what you guys are talking about-which makes me realize how glad i am that there are people like you who get this stuff set up for people like me-so, Thanks-ALOT. its very cool of you to do. if i can help -let me know

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    sounds good teneniel. ultimately i just feel relieved that people who took flyers will finally be able to find our site - whatever it looks like....

what i'd really like to know though is if we could take pieces of the site and integrated it into whatever we end up using. could we still have things like article submission/comments and a help forum?

5. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i don't know how to do it. *shrug* sorry. good luck with the new site!

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I'll say again, public and private, lot's of people, most people, have liked the site and the functionality, I have opinions, they're just that, no matter how strongly I state them (that's just me), and suggestions. I'm just looking for some modifications.

If nothing else can you just consider the links, having the link to here be

Jedi Council Forums » FanForce USA - SouthWest » Denver, CO

doesn't mean anything to someone who has not been here first, to them it's just "which do I click on to get to the RMFF?"

The link

Fan Force Forum

in big bold letters gets you there much quicker.

Can't you modify the script just for that link?

And use empty space on that link bar to link to the FAQ and Events pages, you don't have to use mine, do your own if you'd like.

7. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    like i said, there's no point in having it up if it's not what people want.....your design is great, owbe. :) stick with it.

8. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I just want to make it clear that I was asking for things for the website with a specific slant, my own. My opinions are very strong and usually very loud, I never want them to be construed as being stated as the way things must be. Obviously my opinion is not the majority on having the website take over functions from the Yahoo Group, and for having logins on the site, i'm cool with that.

And Teneniel is currently copying the site to the new area (it's the same server anyway) it will stay in it's current form, in the current location. I'll be looking to see if I can get up to speed quickly to integrate the old and new versions of the sites, even if certain areas will look dissimilar and stuff may have to open new windows.

Teneniel is completely willing to work together on transitioning the site. And is being very helpful. She put a lot of effort into making the site what it is, I know that has been acknowledged but it can always be said again.

9. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    yes! mad props to her for all her hard work. seriously though i think we need a consensus before any drastic changes are made to the site in the future.

also, after spending the afternoon checking out other fanforce websites and such, i have my own ideas for a design as well. i am also looking into alternate methods of file sharing and article submission that could be integrated into the site. i'd like to share my ideas once i've solidified things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.