main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY New Specific Event PIRATE NIGHT Thread

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by VideoPrince, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    This is new information because the event is closing in, and why wade through old useless thread info.
    Here is the most recent roster from the aforementioned thread, hopefully still accurate:
    (Unless indicated, these are people who be on the concourse before and during the game, as well as participating in the post game presentation).

Janice
    Steve Lukasik
    Karen
    Elaine
    Bryan
    Jon Duffie
    Nick
    Dave Barone
    Chris and Mindy pending sitter(s)
    Dan Reynolds
    Kathleen (pending schedule)
    Kyle
    Norma and Jim
    Sheri and Frank

Filming is virtually all complete - might try to grab a few pick up shots at the check presentation game. If enough people want to wear pirate garb for some concourse wanderings and 1 desired shot after the game (exiting the field into the parking lot), respond here. If we have the numbers, we'll do it real fast.
    The only specific duelers need on the field afterwards are Jon and Steve (approximately 15-20 seconds of sword duel (see script). 4 or so pirates will briefly engage Buster and Chip, who will wield toy swords. Once all the pirates are on field staring at the huge treasure chest, a fight breaks out - approximately 25-30 seconds of whatever you can handle - sword play, fisticuffs, pushing, yelling or shoving. Find a partner and let your minds run wild.
    We should only need one or 2 field run through with all the mascots. When the live show soundtrack is complete it will be posted with annotated audio cues.
    If you want tickets for loved ones, please let us know how many by FRIDAY the 11th.
    The day of the event, we will have field practice (time to be nailed down soon). We will have lunch at the stadium after practice (sounds familiar), then set up, changing, etc etc.

2. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I am definitely good for on field for Pirate night. I will confirm with Beckie.

3. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I am available after the check presentation for the extra filming.

4. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I'm committing myself to Pirate night dueling. Steve, time to get yer swash-bucklin' on!!!

5. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    As indicated in the previous thread, I will unfortunately have to bow out. :(

6. MassageVentress

MassageVentress Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2009
    I'm in for this Saturday(check presentation) I'll bring my pirate costume :D
    And for dueling .... definitely in on that :)

7. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    Dan is good for filming after "check" game and fighting on feild. I'm still trying to sort out a sitter for pirate night for griff. If all works out I will be where needed.

8. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I'll be at the game this Saturday (check presentation) so I too will bring my pirate costume if needed.

9. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    I will definitely will be at the game. Found out my boss is a NR fan and is aware that I need the day off. ^_^

10. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    We are unable to participate this Sat or the actual event night.

11. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I am no longer able to participate; my son invited me to go to a concert with him and I feel that's where I should be.

quigonschuel likes this.
  12. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    My wooden sword came in the mail so I'll be painting that up once I track down the aluminum paint Gil used for the two swords he did up. I'll be able to pass along the one I borrowed for filming (and still currently have) off to some other pirate in need of a good weapon for the event.

13. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Talked up a colleague of mine who has a spot-on Jack Sparrow cosplay. He's interested in joining for the event's festivities.

Spice Smuggler likes this.
  14. Mother_of_the_Twins

Apr 8, 2005
    If we are entering for the game today (check presentation) via tickets at the gate, will we be allowed to bring in our costumes, suitcases, etc . with us there?

15. Mother_of_the_Twins

Apr 8, 2005
    For those folks attending the check presentation and willing to help with last pirate segment filming:

Come into the ballpark and we'll gather wherever the seats are (suite) and go from there.

For filming, per Larry, he only needs us to look like pirates from a distance. Coats, shirts, hats are all that will be needed. No swords, fancy boots, etc. will be necessary. At some point toward the end of the game, whenever we decide, we can head out to our cars, get whatever gear we need, and bring it in the tunnel entrance.

I just re-read this and realized I should probably state that you still need to wear pants. :rolleyes: Please.

16. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I am possibly not able to make this event. I'll update soon...

17. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

For anyone who may still need a sword and doesn't want to paint wood, Toys R Us has this $6 "True Legends" pirate sword. The blade is short (since it's designed for a kid) but the handle is big enough for an adult hand. And for six bucks, you can't really go wrong.

I picked one up to have as a spare for anyone who may need one.

18. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I figured as much Capin Kiger!!! I may pick up 2 of em. I for each patch.

19. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I will be in Montreal that week, but should be home by sat So I should be able to participate. I'll need a costume like last year, but I should be ok to be there. I'll know for sure in the next 2 days or so.

20. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I want the foam warhammer!

21. VideoPrince

May 31, 2002
    Just wanted to bump this up. Costumes are getting picked over. All you really need are shorts (no zippered pockets) and an old T-shirt where we can rough it up. Boots aren't necessary. Sandals work fine.

BPStoyle likes this.
  22. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm still trying to figure out if I can do this event.

23. VideoPrince

May 31, 2002
    I need 2 hearty souls to dress as Buster and Chip for 2 or 3 running shots I was not able to snag earlier at a game.
    Who is available briefly Saturday, while the wine and bases event is happening?

24. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    What time?

25. VideoPrince

May 31, 2002
    We can film from 2PM-5PM, while the Bases Merloted wine and baseball event is happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.