New Jersey New Spider-Man Villian Actor Announced

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw Mira Sorvino's name in there.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm a HUGE Mira fan, and I've seen 95% of her films. I love her to death and I'd love to see her do something like this.
  2. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Mira Sorvino would be good.

Honestly, if she had acting abilites and wasnt a drugged up dope, Anna Nicole Smith would be the best BC.

I saw Jay and Silent bob strikes back. Nah.

What about Denise Richards?

~DG~
  3. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Unless they wait to shoot S-M3, Denise Richards is four or five months pregnant.
  4. DropKickAnt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thoughts on Uma Thurman?
  5. johnny_nod Jedi Knight

star 3
    Uma?

Oprah?

Uma?

Oprah?

(Sorry...referring to Dave Letterman's stint as host of the Oscars. I still can't figure out where the humor was in that, uh, comparison. :) )

Seriously...Uma's stint as Poison Ivy seemed a bit too Mae West-ish to me.

As for Halle Berry...I believe I heard somewhere that she's sworn off comic book roles since her failure as "Catwoman".

Given the current Hollywood thinking, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Felicia Hardy to one of two highly successful actresses, each with a legion of devoted fans(note the deliberate sarcasm here)...

- Lindsay Lohan

- Hilary Duff

Let's face it...these two are known for their catfights with each other. :D

- Johnny
  6. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    What about Denise Richards?

That's what I'm talking about. I think she'd be great in that kind of role. Someone that could do to Black Cat what Michelle Phiffer did for Catwoman.

Unless they wait to shoot S-M3, Denise Richards is four or five months pregnant.

She's 6 months pregnant right now and they aren't going to start filming until, at the earliest, December of this year (but will most likely start sometime in '06).

Lindsey Lohan would look good in the suit too [face_hypnotized].
  7. johnny_nod Jedi Knight

star 3
    ***UPDATE***

The villains of the next Spidey movie have been revealed...and whoever said that Raimi wouldn't do Venom is about to be proven wrong.

It has been revealed by Spidey 3 FX man Tim Phoenix that the villains will be Venom...and Man-Wolf.

If it's Haden Church doing Venom(since John Jameson already has an actor...he was seen in Spidey 2, and is likely the reason for the villain choice), that guy is gonna need to bulk up. It was rumored once that The Rock was gonna play Venom.

Scoff if you like, but I would have preferred that choice. He wasn't THAT bad in "The Rundown". :)

Dunno if they'll throw in the second Goblin...they'll probably tease us more or something.

I'd like to see how they explain Venom's creation, since he was technically a by-product of the classic, multi-issue "Secret Wars" story. They'll likely go with the "Ultimate Spider-Man" version of Venom's origin.

Sometimes I think they deliberately created those "Ultimate" titles so they can make things easier for Hollywood to make the movie versions.

Cowards! :)

- Johnny
  8. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    If it's Haden Church doing Venom(since John Jameson already has an actor...he was seen in Spidey 2, and is likely the reason for the villain choice), that guy is gonna need to bulk up.

Wouldn't the Venom "suit" take care of his appearance? If the radioactive spiderbite could transform Peter Parker's body the same could be done by the Venom suit.

They'll likely go with the "Ultimate Spider-Man" version of Venom's origin.

Is that the one where this alien "goo" lands on Earth and Spiderman comes in contact with, giving it's host the powers that Spiderman has?
  9. johnny_nod Jedi Knight

star 3
    That was the Secret Wars version.

Those events took place on a planetoid pieced together from several different worlds in the known universe(Earth included) by the central godlike being of the Secret Wars stories...the Beyonder.

Sometime before Galactus began his attempt to devour the planet, the heroes got a chance to rest. The Hulk discovered a device capable of repairing clothing through mental replication that had already been tested by Thor(anyone wanna cast Thor while we're at it? :) ).

When Spidey...fresh from thrashing uber-brawny Titania(a one-time scrawny runt turned bullying thug courtesy of Doctor Doom) at the expense of his outfit...sampled the machine, a small black glob came out that fired up his spider sense. One touch and the glob slathered all over him, dissolving his old threads and forming a new, black incarnation.

His response was pure Spidey: "Well, I'll be an eight-ball's Uncle!" :)

Those who know the comics should know the rest in a little more detail: the costume turned out to be a sentient creature that tried to bring out darker urges in ol' web-head. He eventually managed to ditch the creature, which subsequently found a new host: Eddie Brock.

As I recall from what John "citizenjohn" Garzillo told me(sue me...I'm not a hardcore comics fan :) ), the Ultimate version postulates that Venom was born from research on a cure for cancer.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :D

- Johnny
  10. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow!!! Secret Wars now that is going back to my middle school days.

Another good series at that time was "Days of Future Past" with the X-men.

If they ever do cast someone for Black Cat I do like Mike's suggestions of either Eliza or Charisma.

Yea I am a no blond kind of guy but Ms. Cuthbert is also a good choice. And Lindsay Lohan wouldn't be bad..perverts all of you. :p

It will be interesting to see how they work the whole Vemon line into the movie.

I still can't believe X-Men is working the Dark Pheonix in the next X-Men movie.

11. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
  12. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI- for all you NYC Spidey geeks- Todd McFarlane will be at Toys R'Us in Times square on 4/14/05.

WOW!

~DG~
  13. DropKickAnt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nobody drew spidey like mcfarlane

i doubt there is a spidey fan alive that doesnt have at least 20 copies of his SPIDER-MAN #1, with the webbing cover

amazing work in the beginning of that series

and equally amazing storyline with the lizard
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.