main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA New Spokane Area Members, Please Post Here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Welcome Gerry and Scott :) I hope you enjoy the group :)

2. Rhyanna

Rhyanna Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Hi there. I am new to this board and live in Moscow, Idaho. Does anyone know of the group for that area, or could I join this one? Thanks!

May the Force be with you,

Rhyanna

3. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    I'm pretty sure that there isn't a group that meetings in Moscow, so that means you are more than welcome to join our group! If you can find 3 people in Moscow from 3 different households, you could start your own group too. But we'd love to have you join our group. We meet almost every week, alternating Sundays and Saturdays. Our meetings start at noon or 1PM, and most of the time they last all day. I think our longest meeting on record lasted 13 hours. So, that being said, you could arrive late and not miss the majority of the meeting!

4. Psycho_Jane_Doe

Psycho_Jane_Doe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2003
    I'm not really a new member, but i will post in here anyway.

Name: Amanda
    Location: originally from Spokane, but i am currently stationed in south korea for another 5 1/2 months.

I got started on SW and the boards thanks to my best friend Earwen-Lightrider!

5. Haunted_By_The_Kiss

Haunted_By_The_Kiss Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    Hi, I've been a reader of TFN for about 6 years but haven't done the forum thing that much...

Name: Rob
    SW Related Interests: Collecting toys, food items, and random stuff.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Music, old skool video games,
    How did you get started on SW: I always liked Star Wars but didn't really start getting into it until the trilogy was re-released on video in (1993?). Then I started really getting hardcore in 1996 by collecting the toys, playing lots of Shadows of the Empire on N64, and getting hyped for the Special Editions. For Episode I I only waited in line a few hours, but I did skip school to get the tickets. For Episode II I waited in line about 9 hours. For Episode III I'm planning on waiting a couple of days, not because I think I need to but for fun!

Here is a link to my Ultimate Star Wars Fan video I made for the Access Hollywood video:
    http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0H97X1ZEBEOQC2IQQX2JFQKFYG

If I make it as a finalist they will show it on the show and then I need to get people to vote for me! (I will keep you updated.) The prize is going to the official premiere and meeting the stars on May 12.

6. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Nice of you to stop on by Rob! I'd say nice to meet you for the first time, but we've met already. I watched the clip, but sadly without the sound as I am in the library on campus. I'll have to watch it tonight so that I can hear the audio that went with it.

Welcome to the Spokantina!

~Nat

7. Bobaf2001

Bobaf2001 Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Name: Ryan, also go by Lunchbox
    SW interests: Well lets see...EVERYTHING STAR WARS. Love the books, the toys, the games, trivia, role-playing, etc.
    Other interests: Warhammer, both fantasy and 40K, and more star wars.
    Hello my name is Ryan and I've been hooked on Star Wars since I was 11. I was looking for soemthing to watch on easter that year and stopped on the sci-fi channel. They were showng all three movies. Been hooked ever since.

Thanks to The_cheeser for showing me this site, was looking for a fan club to join.

8. bladex2

bladex2 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Name: Jed Haney
    SW Related Interests: Pretty much everything :p Have read over 150 of the books.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Video and PC games, Martial Arts, reading, hunting, riding horses, etc.
    How did you get started on SW: Saw A New Hope when I was in Kindergarten, been hooked ever since.

9. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Welcome Jed and Lunchbox (took you long enough)!

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Welcome Ryan! And Jed, it's about time you got your tail into this thread :p Now if you can just get yourself to a meeting I will finally be able to meet you :)

11. Thumpernicus

Thumpernicus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Name: Alex Mickschl

SW Related Interests: Movies, collecting, costuming, props, fight choreography and I dream of someday participating or even producing a SW fanfilm.

Non-SW Related Interests: I joust and swordfight at the Northwest Renaissance Festival each summer, Playing rugby, I enjoy building and painting miniatures for wargaming etc.

How did you get started on SW: I am an old school fan. I saw first release Star Wars in the theater at age 4 and have been hooked ever since.

12. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Welcome Alex! Enjoy you're stay at the Spokantina! ;)

13. Darth_Chapus

Darth_Chapus Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Name: Ryan
    SW Related Interests: I really like watching the movies, and I can't wait when all the episodes will come out on DVD. I also like asking questions to other Star Wars fans of what they think of the movies!

Non-SW Related Interests: I am a major computer nerd. I love making computers and I always have to have the latest and greatest thing out there. Playing the Xbox and watching WWE on my spare time. Some of my favorite games are the James Bond games, Halo 2, AREA-51, and Forza Motorsports. I am also a getting into Anime. Dragonball Z/GT are my favorite! I currently have all the GT episodes and movies on DVD and I am working on the entire Z series. I love reading sci-fi books. My favorite series is The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. I am currently reading the Space Odyssey books. I just finished up 2001 and now I am reading 2010 and I can't put that book down!

How did you get started on SW: I really wasn't a Star Wars fan until Episode 1 came out. I then watched the old episodes and found out what exactly I was missing. Now I am a devoted fan and I hope people will be talking about Star Wars for at least another 100 years!

14. LadyLuck

LadyLuck Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Name: Summer

SW Related Interests: One can probably say that I have been a Star Wars fan forever, my sister and I watched Return of the Jedi faithfully everyday when we were kids. I would have to say now that The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite.

Non-SW Related Interests: Coffee with friends, a good book, horror movies (my friends would say I have a morbid sense of humor.) The list could go on and on, but there is only so much room.

15. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Welcome Ryan and Summer.
    Nice to see you on the boards

16. Mase_Wahoo

Mase_Wahoo Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Name: Ian
    SW Related Interests: Movies, Games(PC and what not, maybe Table top), Comics and Novels
    Non-SW Related Interests: Film and everything having to do with it. I love everything from classic films to "B" Sci-fi and horror. I hope to work on films some day. Huge fan of Sci-fi Trek, B5, Firefly. I've been collecting comics for sometime now. I also love Reading and Computers.
    How did you get started on SW: I don't remember a time in my life where I was not interested in Star Wars.

17. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Its good to see some faces from the EP3 premere found their way here. Cant wait to see everyone again. so many faces and so many names on that night i started to lose track. Anyway welcome to the Cantina!

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I look forward to meeting all our new members when I'm back in Spokane! :D

19. GeekerBeeker

GeekerBeeker Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Name: Sara, although with so many other Saras running around this world, I'm thinking of changing it (heaven knows that there should really only be one of me)

SW Related Interests: Ummm.. Yeah, ok, movies, recently fanfiction, fanart (when I learn how to draw the characters to me satisfaction), and whatever else I can get my hands on.

Non-SW Related Interests: EVP, aliens, ghosts, alternate/parallel universes: anything paranormal, drawing, writing, LotR, Harry Potter, reading whatever I can, fanfiction, and making decorations for parties or anything else my friends need. Oh, and art. Art is the only thing I can see myself doing in the near/distant future.

How did you get started on SW: I've always liked Star Wars, but when I was littler I was MUCH more into Indiana Jones (I thought I was going to marry him). It wasn't until one of my friends talked constantly about it that I began to view it in a different light. Sadly, however, she turned away from SW, and I needed to find another group. I trudged through my geeky existence by myself until the third Star Wars movie came out this week (wow... I loved it...). I was buying materials to make three Jedi outfits at the fabric store, and when the lady asked what I was making, I quietly leaned forward and told her I was going to the Star Wars premiere... There were two others there that were going as well, and told me about this site.. I was happy, my friends were happy, and I found other people to be a geek with.. Go me.

20. jedilos

jedilos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2000
    I'm not very active in the group, but im so happy to see more people here each day. Welcome everyone and I hope everyone here gets a change to get together and have more fun.

21. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    I'd just like to throw in my "welcome" as well. It's nice to a good turn out for our recruitment efforts. Watch the boards for meeting info, and have fun!

22. MasterBigwon

MasterBigwon Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Hello, I am new to the site but not to Star Wars. I saw we have a site and thought I would say hi. I live in Spokane on the north side by Franklin Park. If there are any gatherings let me know, I would be interested in attending. Any new info would be great as well. Thanks.

23. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
  24. DarthRazer

DarthRazer Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005

okay for the cliche....Hi. My name is Jay. I just moved to Spokane like a week ago from all around by means of Pullman. Someone told me you guys were a "dynamite" group...I think he meant dynamite as in, blowin' up' but maybe it's a Project Mayhem thing (Sorry, too early, and my brain is addled). Anyhow caught Episode III at the Noth Side mall. Please tell me there is a decent theatre in this town, and where it is.

THank You.

Oh,

Name: Jay
    SW Related Interests: If it's star war\s, it will have my interest for at least a couple minutes.
    Non-SW Related Interests:Movies, music. Hoops. And any photographic evidence of the "meaning for it all."
    First Star Wars memory? is pretty much my first memory, seeing Jedi in the theatre.Star Wars has always been. God that was...whatever. These things give me the creeps. Everyone always sounds like everyone else. Whic is always misleading once you put reality with type.

Thanks.

25. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004