main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA New Spokane Area Members, Please Post Here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Nov 7, 2004.

1. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Always good to know. Shoot first, forget the questions.

2. Jedi_Starfighter_4

Jedi_Starfighter_4 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2006
    Name: Alissa
    SW Related Interests: Just about everything, I love the books, I like the few games that I've played, I love the movies, and I really want to do costuming!
    Non-SW Related Interests: Jesus!!! I also love medieval stuff, I'm interested in all kinds of martial arts (though I don't know much of anything in that area). I especially want to learn sword fighting and Karate!
    How did you get started on SW: I wasn't alowed to see Star Wars until I was 14 - I think. Anyways, it was just before Episode II was released, so I'm kinda new to Star Wars. Since than I've been trying to read all the books and have made it to 120 or so. I love it and I think it'd be so fun to be around a bunch of other Star Wars nuts!

I'm not sure in what thread I should ask this, but what do you all do together at your meetings and all? And are they always usually at night? Thanks!

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Welcome to the Spokantina Alissa, and welcome to Star Wars Fandom!!! I'm Jarus Sarn (you can call me John if you prefer, I respond to either ;)), the Spokantina webmaster, if there's anything I can do, please let me know. I'll do my best to answer your first questions...

What do you all do together at your meetings and all?
    We have fun! That's always our number 1 priority ;) We talk a lot about Star Wars and upcoming events, keep eachother in the know about what's going on in the community, we plan for events, like Bloomsday and Pig Out in the Park. Sometimes we play lots of videogames, sometimes we play boardgames... sometimes we watch movies. What do you want to do at a Fan Force meeting Alissa? :D We're a loose, fun group and we like to make sure everyone is heard, and everyone has a good time.

Are they always usually at night?
    Well, it's true that most of our meetings are in the late evening, and that's mostly because of work/school/personal schedules, it's easier for most members to make a later time. But our meetings aren't always late, sometimes we have meetings more in the middle of the day, sometimes meetings are all-day affairs, a "come when you can" kind of thing. Since I've got you here, and you're interested in costuming... I might as well tell you that you're in luck! We've got a costuming workday coming up this Saturday (Jan, 21st) starting at 10am and going till whenever. If you've got a costume you're currently working on, or one you'd like to start planning for, this is the perfect place to get help and ideas! We've got an awesome group of costumers here and we're always looking for more.

That was a bit long winded, but I hope it answered your questions... :D you can get an idea of what our group does at our website, we've got an image gallery and a member page. Hope to see you at a future meeting Alissa!

4. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Welcome to the group. Glad you could join us. Just about everyone in the group has a costume of one sort or another. Theres everything from Jedi to Sith Lords and even a few Stormtroopers. Im the only active trooper tho. John/Jarus/Baka is right that we do like to have fun. We also love to give eachother a hard time. If were not talking about Star Wars, we are usally insulting John. Anyway, welcome again.

5. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Or playing Halo 2 :D
    I'm Erich and I usually don't respond to Daramin, but it sounds cool.
    We definitely are all about the fun having and costuming is becoming a bigger to do as well.
    Welcome to the group.

6. Jedi_Starfighter_4

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! And for answering my questions it helped alot! I really would like to do stuff with you all, it all sounds like so much fun!! I just know that I won't be able to go to any night-time meetings because we live a ways outside of town.
    I haven't the slightest idea what I'd want to do at a meeting, it sounds like you all already do alot of different stuff, and have alot of fun!
    I'd love to go to the costuming workday, but I'll have to get an ok with my parents. Thanks for inviting me! I don't actually have a costume that I'm working on yet, but I'm hoping to make a lightsaber hilt pretty soon.
    Anyway, thanks again!
    ~Alissa

7. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Eh, I don't have a costume either. It's in a perpetual concept process.
    In other words, I can't make up my mind! :D

8. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    If it'd help ease your parents minds, feel free to have them give me a call to answer any questions they might have, I can be reached at my cell phone (208) 691-7650 anytime. If you need a ride to and from a meeting or event, don't hesitate to ask, I'm sure someone would be willing to pick you up and drop you off (with your parent's approval, of course :D) It might help to point out to your parents that we have been on TV a few occasions and that we've been mentioned in a few newspaper articles... so we're not just a strange group of dorks... we actually do get around, and we'd like to start doing some charity events and parades this year.

Also, we've got a few members who build lightsaber hilts, and I'm sure they'd all be willing to give you some pointers ;)

9. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    *cough*3PO*cough*

[face_batting]

10. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    You know, you should see a doctor about that cough ;)

11. Jedi_Starfighter_4

Jan 16, 2006
    Thank you sooo much for the help! I really appreiciate it! I'll ask my parent's pretty soon, not now though cause my brother is getting married tomorrow. Thanks again!

12. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Congrats to your bro! :D

13. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    "A wedding. I love weddings!" Non alcholic "drinks all around"
    Couldn't resist, with my icon and all :D

14. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    You know Alissa, we may be able to start the meeting up early this Saturday if you'd like to join us, I know we've got the fellas from Tri-Cities coming up again, (YAY! you guys rock, I had a blast last time!) and I'm sure they'd appreciate an earlier meeting time. I can't think of anything else I'm doing Saturday, so it might as well be an earlier thing, anyone have any objections? Hmm... perhaps I should start a new thread...

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *magically unlocks*

;)

16. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
  17. Abba_Suna_Delnara

Abba_Suna_Delnara Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2007
  18. DarthTratz

DarthTratz Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2007
    Name: Shannon

SW Related Interests: The movies (of course), the Art of SW, books, toys (well, my son gets most of them now), costumes/props, blablabla...

Non-SW Related Interests: I'm an artist/illustrator, so most of my interests revolve around that. I play softball, hike, go to movies...

How did you get started on SW: Well, my parents took me to see the original film back in '77 when I was four. From that day on, I knew I wanted to be an artist and tell visual stories. I owe my creative inspiration to George. Here's a link to my gallery http://voya.deviantart.com/gallery/

[image=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/250/8/f/Sith_Lords_by_voya.jpg/image.gif]
    http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/250/8/f/Sith_Lords_by_voya.jpg

I'm trying to post an image here, but the forum image code won't work. What's the deal?

19. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    'Sup Tratz! Welcome! Not that you weren't before [face_laugh]

Cool stuff on your Deviant site.

[image=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/250/8/f/Sith_Lords_by_voya.jpg]
    [face_peace]

20. DarthTratz

DarthTratz Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2007
    AHA! I got it! Thanks Cheeser! :D

[image=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/250/8/f/Sith_Lords_by_voya.jpg] [image=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/052/7/9/Jedi_on_the_Run_by_voya.jpg] [image=http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/052/1/a/Nita_by_voya.jpg] [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/262/5/9/The_Smuggler_by_voya.jpg] [image=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs20/f/2007/253/3/6/Clonetrooper_by_voya.jpg] [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/061/7/b/Leia_Love_by_voya.jpg]

21. Scootrooper

Scootrooper Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2008
    Name: Rob

SW Related Interests: As a kid, I had all of the toys, bed-sheets, clothes, etc. unfortunately I sold them during my brief "I'm too old for this stuff" phase that lasted from age 15 until age 16. Now if I could just jump into a time machine and punch out that guy that was me and take his/my toys back...sigh. Heck, I even sent Santa a Yoda post card with my list on it one x-mas. Back then I loved (gasp!) Ewoks and have my homemade costume from fourth grade still. I watch the original trilogy very regularly, and the newer trilogy far less regularly, mostly due to the Phantom Menace. I've only read a couple of the books, mainly due to my love of other books. I've always loved the AT-ST and have always wanted to own a real one...if that were, um well, possible. I have a desire to create an AT-ST driver costume though, and a couple of other top secret costume ideas that I will share in the future.

Non-SW Related Interests: Wow, ok here goes: I love Harry Potter and am a HUGE Harry Potter geek. Huge. I love Star Trek *looks around, ok*. Pretty much any and all Zombie movies/video games. In fact, I have a plan to unleash a full blown Zombocolypse into our society (details to come, watch the news hehe). Lets see, all types of horror movies (fav will always be Friday the 13th), huge Buffy fan (anything Joss Whedon), videogames (PC or Wii currently), I'm a netflix junky, bacon, Scuba diving, Aikido, Scootering (my only means of transport is a 1980 Vespa named "The Firebolt"), Lord of the Rings, Transformers (I own like 400 of em), Sid and Marty Krofft everything, anything with Simon Pegg attached to it, Magic the Gathering, and soo much more! I'm a full-time student and pug-wrangler (I am the sworn protector of two pugs). My favorite TV shows (not including syndicated) are Lost, Office, Chuck, and Battlestar Galactica. Pretty much name the geekdom and I'm all over it :)

How did you get started on SW: Since the ripe (um, ya...ripe) old age of 2, Star Wars has been my holy grail to which all other sci-fi/fantasy/everything has and will always be compared. My older sisters were always huge into Star Wars and it was something that they would NOT beat me up over...until Phantom Menace (I understand why). My nephew took the Star Wars torch long ago and ran with it, now he is a Star Wars force to be reckoned with and he has also shown an interest in the Spokantina.

So there you have it. I work with Raph at Lowe's and we talk about non-work related stuff more often than not. I also bumped into Smudge the other day (RAD cloak!) and we talked for a while. I don't get out much mostly due to the fact that it is bright and scary outside, but I think this group could act as a crowbar that pries me out of my nice dark house. Who knows, I may even attempt to walk to the anti-superbowl party from my work on Sunday. We'll just have to see :)

22. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    That's fantastic Rob! It's great to hear that you and Raph got to talking (and he didn't scare you away, just kidding!) Can't wait to meet you and see you at some events/meetings!

23. Darth_Nychus

Darth_Nychus Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2004
    Greetings friends (hopefully) and neighbors. I just found out about our little local fan club and decided it was in my best intrest to join it. I am an avid Star Wars fan (especially of the audio books) and have an interest in costuming, prop building, and fan films. Be seeing you around.

Rev. Clayton L. Blackwell

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Yah for new people I get to meet when I come back to visit!

Welcome to the Spokantina! They are a fantastic group of people!

25. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Awwww, shucks, ma'am. T'weren't nuthin.... [face_cowboy]

Long time, no see, stranger!! How have you been?

And am I correct in assuming that you're stopping by for a visit some time soon?

Not for Easter, right? A few of us are going to be in Seattle for NorWesCon that weekend...