main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New sports forum discussion.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    when someone gets banned I request this get's posted by the mod if they edit the post

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/umpire_20out_small.jpg]

2. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Clearly a yellow card will be a warning and a red for a ban.

3. RealMadrid

RealMadrid Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 28, 2005
    Wouldn't it come down to the favorite sport of the mod doing the editing? I.e. Imperial_dork (a hockey fan) sending a banned user to the penalty box for 24 hours.

I'm assuming that when the Arena goes public there will be an announcement thread in JCC?

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I just hope that users kick dirt on my pants when they argue about ban lengths.

5. RealMadrid

RealMadrid Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 28, 2005
    I'll go one better, DarthIntegral. I'll kick dirt on your pants, and when that doesn't work, I'll bump your chest while I am jawing at you about my ban length and when that doesn't work, I'll go pick up a base and throw it into the outfield!

6. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    And then all your teammates can run off the bench and start a riot as well!

Integral, I'm getting anxious.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The mods are probably waiting until after whenever the Mod Squad update finally gets posted so that they can make us climb the ceiling in anticipation.

8. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I wonder what Poof has to say about the sports forum

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/mkosek2004/r21289972791.jpg]

9. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    He says lol @ Arsenal

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Alright, The Arena forum has been created. To be specific, I created the Sports category yesterday but it remained hidden from the main list. When creating a new forum that will not be in an existing category, you have to create a category first. So I created the Sports category. The system says that the new category will not be visible off the main list until a board has been assigned to it. I didn't want to add a board until the banner was uploaded. I discovered yesterday that Dark_Jedi_Kenobi was touching up the stylesheet based upon suggestions and recommendations from gabe. So I held off from creating the board. Once I did, it would be visible. I didn't want everyone to think it was imminent because there were some final steps to run through before going live. Gabe told me the banner's uploaded so I went ahead and created the forum and set it as private. Gabe needed the forum created so he could get the board UID. The board UID is needed to create the script which contains the names of the mods in the header.

What's left before we go live:

<li> Gabe indicates the script is ready and we can physically see the names of the forum mods in the header. It needs to be tested and verified that it works.

<li> The three forum mods need to agree they're ready to go.

<li> Any test threads will be deleted with the exception of the welcome thread that will be created as a sticky thread by ObiWan506. I want the forum to be absolutely brand new for everyone.

When these things are done, I have instructed the mods to please feel free to edit the board and make it public. I don't have to be online for this to happen. In fact, I expect with board time differences and logins and such that this will more than likely occur tomorrow morning perhaps before lunch.
    :)

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    That is good news :)

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Oh man, I'm stoked. Thanks Sapes.

13. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Cool. Seriously Cool :cool:

14. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  15. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I have the day off as well so [face_dancing]

16. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Giddyup. I assume it will be listed under JC Comunity?

17. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    No, it's gonna have its own category.

18. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for the update, Sape! :D

*looks forward to it*

19. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    good news, although i still think it should be listed under Community.

20. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    [image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40007000/jpg/_40007500_menssemi245.jpg]

21. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    OK, so by 'today', it means some time around 11:59:59 Pacific Standard Time, right? Also known as tomorrow for those of us in Europe.

Everton, send the runners back into the locker room before they get all tight from waiting around.

Don't mind me, I'm just all atingle with anticipation, which tends to manifest itself in bitter sarcasm.:p

22. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Bad news guys, Philip Wise contacted Sape this morning and told him he does not want a sports forum on the Jedi Council Forums. He's looking to have the Senate closed as well (apparently he was unaware of it's existence up until recently). He doesn't feel that they belong on a Star Wars message forum. Apparently someone contacted him some time last week and made him aware of a few things.

Sape won't be on until later tonight so he asked me to forward the news. He'll have more details later tonight.

The above is a joke, I've finished setting the board up and the forum will be online as soon as it's mods tell me they're ready.

23. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    Almost had me. Almost :p

24. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    He almost had me. :p

I have seen the Forum, and it is good. [face_hypnotized]

25. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    He had me even after I read the 'This is a joke' sentence. I mean, let's face it,m that wouldn't be that surprising ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.