main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New sports forum discussion.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by ApolloSmileGirl, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    as much as I moan about the Arena and initially thought the extra category was silly, this makes wonderful sense =D=

(see, I can say good things about this mess, too :p)

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I know it's still a sore spot with a few people, and MS, but the Arena is giving fans of activities more of a reason to use these boards as a central spot/messageboard to post at. People that enjoy sports post there. The ones that don't, don't. I'm not a fan of fanfic, but others are, and I support their devotion to it.

You have to remember, having a site, that offers so many options, is going to keep people and draw them in for both Star Wars, and other topics.

3. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Would it be out of line to request further down the line, that maybe a forum added to the sports community be added to discuss film and literature that have been shot, and written on the topics?

If it's not going to be in community, it'd be a good expansion, that I think would help make the overall area more popular.

Just an idea. :)

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Er, how would that not go in either the JCC or Amphitheater?

Or ESPN whenever Sports Guy finishes up his damned list...

5. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    If either could go in multiple forums, what's wrong with allowing them in another?

I was just making a suggestion, if the Arena isn't going to eventually be moved to community. I think it was a perfectly reasonable question.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    As mine was a pefectly reasonable response. :)

I think the Arena will be moved to Community though, no? Didn't Sape say a year?

7. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I'm not quite sure what Sapes is planning for, but if and when it moves to community it's not a huge deal.

I just think that a side forum regarding sports related film, classic game footage discussion, books devoted to sports history, etc. would flourish and may draw more people to the sports forum. Like I said above, the Arena has been relatively successful, and I really think that the overall draw of this site might be better off if it draws new users because of Star Wars, but keeps them here to discuss all other kinds of hobbies.

I'd also like to start, and would love G-Fett's insight, and help(if willing) on getting the health and fitness topics going.

I don't think everyone sees, especially the ones that were against the Arena in the first place, and still oppose it, can see the potential growth and drawing power that is possible.

SFF has it's own area, it's done pretty well. Sports as a area name is pretty obvious to anyone new. I guess I'm just saying is that something like film sports film/lit discussion, and physical fitness discussion would be better suited in separate forums, because honestly they'll get lost in the overall spectator watching forum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, and I'm very grateful for what we've already gotten, but I just don't understand why we can't open it up a little further, even later down the road, if the Arena continues to be successful.

~Either way, I'm not going to argue it further. So anyone that was against the Arena in the first place, need not make snooty comments~

8. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I am/would be intensely interested if some official health & fitness topics started coming up. Sports aren't necessarily universal - but fitness is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.