main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW Star Wars Club for people younger then 18 years

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by qc_jedipat3232, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qc_jedipat3232

qc_jedipat3232 Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2002
    I am thinking of starting a star wars fan club (at the Bettendorf Public Library) and was just wondering if anyone is interested...its suited more for children under 18 years of age and will hopefully (if i get enough support) have cook outs and light saber duels (geeky i know but oh well). so any of you adults who have kids who like star wars get them signed into this one. if i can get 6 other members i will make it but if i dont oh well...

Pat

2. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    The Quad City Jedi Order does not have an age limit. If you want to join us you may. I belive we have members younger that 18 already.

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Pat,
    A suggestion to you (and this has been done in the club I belong to) is to offer up a sub-group of the Quad City Jedi Order or just join them as well. They are a fledgling club...they have no rules, no age limits, so why start a new club. It is also rather bad form to try and start a brand new club using the Quad City's forums when there is another club just starting.

Just a few things to think about.

4. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    We here at the Quad City Jedi Order do not have an age limit. If you want to join us your more then welcome to join. We are open to everyone that has a love for Stat Wars. If u need any info go to Quad City Jedi Order

LONG LIVE THE QUAD CITY JEDI ORDER!!!!!!!

5. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I agree. It's the same with me when I decided to start a Fan Force for Carteret County, North Carolina, which is on the coast. I had read the FAQ, but there weren't enough people. Plus, I didn't know how to run one or what we could do. I was excited when there was a Fan Force to join just 10 minutes away in Havelock. I was excited when they took me in as one of their own and now I am the current webmaster for the Fan Force.

Don't be afraid to contact a different Fan Force! Many of them spill over into other cities, and many love to take new members. In the case of Havelock, they currently cover members in two counties because we are so small.

Don't be afraid to contact the Quad City Jedi Order. From what I can see, they are already offering you a spot. My advice is to join. :D

UniversalDestiny,
    Spice Miner Droid, and Webmaster Person.

6. qc_jedipat3232

Aug 3, 2002
    i'd like to join the qc jedi order....but i cant get transportaton my dad is going to texas for job crap for 4 months and my mom says she wont drive me all the way over to moline every saturday *sob* any who i'm interested in a sub group.......perhaps i could be incharge of a sub group of the qc jedi order for younger people (so you older folks dont have to watch your language LOL) *sigh* well whatever can someone contact me if thats alright?

7. qcjedimatt

qcjedimatt Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    I would be happy to give you a ride. I live in Davenport, it wouldn't be a problem. Let me know...

8. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I know in the Indy Knights that most of the "Padawans" as they are called can't meet up so they made a thread just for them to talk. It's been my experience that most under 18 people can't get transportation and so can't meet as a club. If you can't, most likely they can't either.

Here is my other suggestion: start a thread on this board for the underaged SW fans in the Quad Cities. At least you can talk to each other. Before starting a sub-group or a whole new group, you need to find out if there are any other interested.

As far as the language, on these boards cuss words aren't allowed anyways. If it is caught, a Moderator or RSA will catch it and edit it out. As for in person, that's a different story ;) The members I know don't drink, either, so if that is a concern for any parents don't worry. :D

9. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey man you're welcome to come and join us, we don't have age limits and I think that if you are old enough to read, write, and make a web post, then a padawan you may become, besides, what is a Jedi oder without padawans?

10. skywalkerjel

skywalkerjel Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    hey man i'm a sophmore in high school only 15. i'm sure that members will be happy to get you rides. if my family wasn't on vaca. next week i would have gone to the cook out.

later,
    john

11. qcjedisteve

qcjedisteve Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Quad City Jedi Order is open to everyone, but we DO NOT need a sub group, that will make thing complicated for our members, and yours. If you would like to start your own NEW fan Club for people under 18 go ahead and do it, but DO NOT use our threads and message boards to do it in. The founding members work very hard to get this Club Started.

?I will not let this republic which as stood for a thousand years be split in two.?

By the way how old are you!

12. qc_jedipat3232

Aug 3, 2002
    i'm 13.....as of Aug. 11th and i do want to join the qcjo (my idea sucked) but i'm not sure if i can come to all meetings....

13. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Thank You for the words of advice Shara, I was thinking the same thing my self.

14. Count_Looku

Jul 22, 2002
    To come to all the meetings are near imposible, Between working fulltime and taking 20 hours of college, I have no time. but I do stay in contact with my co-founding members, so an actual meeting missed every so often is not bad. Join us young one or...

15. qc_jedipat3232

Aug 3, 2002
    congratulations.......I have offically decided to join by fineally swaying my mother over to my side of the force (not really) so um anyway crap y did i sell my obi wan episode 1 costume!? oh well good thing i never sold mah Qui-Gon Green Lightsaber (i enjoy hitting my dog with it at times) so um if theres going to be a meeting next week i wont be able to come (cuse am on vacation) and the week after that my school starts (whoopie) but any time after that i can go to meeting.

16. Count_Looku

Jul 22, 2002
    We here at the Jedi Order do not condone(sp, I know) animal cruelty. The only exceptable treatment is chopped up in a wok with a little teryoki sauce...

17. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    mmmmmmmmmm teriyaki sauce. That scene in Hannibal with the stir fry made me hungry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.