main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC New Star Wars Comic series and book coming out this fall

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Press Releases
    Dark Horse Announces All-New Star Wars Series, Knight Errant! 02/10/10
    AS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC DRAWS TO A CLOSE, WRITER JOHN JACKSON MILLER MOVES TO AN UNCHARTED CORNER OF THE GALAXY!

FEBRUARY 11, MILWAUKIE, OR -- Coming off the heels of penning the breakout hit Mass Effect: Redemption and the gripping finale of Knights of the Old Republic, writer John Jackson Miller introduces us to Kerra Holt, a young Jedi who?s about to realize that her role in the galaxy is far more important, and vastly different, than she could have ever imagined.

Set one thousand years before Episode I, in a time referred to as the ?Dark Age of the Republic,? this story takes place in an era when the Sith were legion and the Republic was strained to the breaking point, leaving large swaths of the galaxy with no one to turn to. This pivotal time in the history of Star Wars has been largely unexplored, until now.

Additionally, for the first time ever, the writer of this new comics series will also be authoring a novel for Del Rey Books, set in the same era and involving the same cast of characters in an all-new adventure. It?s going to be a unique event for Star Wars, and one that will give fans a whole new perspective on the galaxy.

?There?s such wonderful chaos going on in the galaxy in this period,? said writer John Jackson Miller. ?More than a generation before Darth Bane introduced the Rule of Two, Sith Lords are colliding not just with the Republic, but with each other. Kerra?s going to find that good intentions just may not be enough in a galaxy gone mad! This is a wide-open area to explore, and I?m thrilled that Dark Horse and Del Rey have given me this opportunity to do so.?

?With John writing both the comics and the novel, Knight Errant will be a Star Wars story on a scale we've never undertaken before," said comic-series editor Dave Marshall. ?This will be a first-of-its-kind opportunity to introduce the Expanded Universe of the Dark Horse comics to the fans of the Del Rey novels and vice versa!?

With more news in the coming months, look for Star Wars: Knight Errant to arrive on shelves later this fall!

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Sounds very interesting.

3. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Just saying.

I mean just saying....

That LEGACY is by far the best SW comic ever.

Period. with a Period.

Woof

Space woof

4. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I agree - wondering what's to come after issue 50 completes the Lagacy as we know it run!

5. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    The outer rim is vast my friend???

BRING IT ON!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.