main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Star Wars Fan Club

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Here is info on the new Star Wars Fan Club

Fan Club Info

Seems to be cool, I can't wait to join. :D

2. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Hm. I wonder if they'll offer an upgrade for those of us that are already members of the *current* Hyperspace? [face_plain]

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    the Star Wars Insider magazine has been cut back from 8 to 6 issues a year

BOO!!

4. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    BOOOOO!!!

5. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    grab your torches, this calls for an angry mob!!!

6. tman

tman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    booo :(

I signed up this morning because my Insider subscription ran out last month.

7. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    This is off the TFN

EP3: Marketing Plan Revealed
    Thu, Apr 29, 04 01:49:03 AM EDT

Here's the latest on what we've been hearing is the timeline for Episode III marketing:
    The timeline: the marketing campaign starts officially in September, with the Classic Trilogy Saga DVDs and the Ep. III documentary included (which is very important because they no doubt plan to draw new fans to the saga with this). Then November with the release of the teaser poster, the trailer in March and the Movie in May 2005.

We have to wait until march for the trailer, come on.

8. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002

Similarly, current starwars.com Hyperspace members who join now will simply have their online access extended by one year when you join the new Fan Club and you will immediately begin to receive full benefits, including six issues of Star Wars Insider.

Creates a logistical problem:

Current HS subscription:
    ============

Re-up now:
    HS:========================
    FC:++++++++++++

So, at some point you would lose the Fan Club benefits but still be getting access to HS. My bets are that they will screw this up and screw us out of our money...

9. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    So wait, if I order a membership now (I'm surprisingly not a FC member), it'll give me everything new, and the money I've paid for HS will more or less pay for next year's HS.

But if I renew my a FC membership NEXT YEAR, my HS account will just get extended again.

So LFL is just screwing everyone who has a HS account, and screwing the people that currently have FC *AND* HS accounts even worse. That sucks.

But 6 issues of Insider are $42 (or is it $48?) if you buy on the newsstand, sooooo...feh.

May as well just not buy the remaining 3 issues of Insider for the remainder of the year, let my HS account die, and then get a FC membership in December or January.

10. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I got it now --

All those ex-Enron ****wads that didn't go to jail or kill themselves are now running the Fan Club and Hyperspace.

11. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Pretty much.

All of the responses on the message boards very politely say just that. So, I'm not getting on board. I'll just get Insider at the newstand if I am so inclined. So far I've bought one Insider ever so I'm not out much. Until next year when I have to pay double so that I will get what I want (HS) and something I rarely felt motivated to buy...

Ho Hum.

12. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah. I hear dat. I bought 3 issues of the Insider over the last year and really, I haven't been too impressed with it. 2 or 3 pages of spoiler content, 2 or 3 pages of ho-hum FanFic, 5 or 6 pages of assorted stuff, and 30 pages of...advertisements/new toys/stuff to buy/things you NEED/things you wish you had $200K to spend on. Feh. [face_plain]

Don't they know we have eBay for that? :D

13. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    are there any CII benfits?

14. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    C3, you mean? It says FC members will get "special recognition," but all I see that as being is people get a stupid button to wear, or they get to stand in the faster moving autograph line.

Does anyone remember what was done for C1 and C2 for FC members?

15. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    For C11 all we got was an hour early entrance into the dealer room..but since it took nearly an hour to just get in the front door that was pretty worthless and there was a room for Club members which was also worthless as it was just a room with chairs. Not even any food was offered in there much less a cool band playing star wars music.

16. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    That sucks. You'd think they'd give everyone their own pet tribble for paying for their club.

17. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Or at least their own pet womprat!

18. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm pretty confused. See, maybe it was a special deal offered when I signed up for Hyperspace...but when I did, I got signed up for the Fanclub too for no additional charge...so what's the difference going to be now?

19. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Whatever. It's Star Wars, so LFL will get my $ one way or another. Not about to disrupt my "complete" SW Insider collection at this stage of the game...

20. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    JD -- You sound like you have both, and are paying less than the rest of us, so you don't have anything to complain about. :D

SS -- I am humbled by your fanatacism. :D If LFL started to give out awards for obsessions, I'd nominate you. :D

21. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Don't forget us :D We may not have an impressive collection like S_S, autograghs, framed things & such a varity of high end stuff..... but we do have boxes of junk that I HAD to have, that no-one has ever seen :D

I think I want HS, does it really spoil you much? I'm laughing at my typo, I said "soil" instead of "spoil" and as I typed this I was wondering if I even spelt it right? I hate spelling & English & oh, never mind [face_plain]

22. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, I wasn't complaining...I was just confused b/c I thought that's how Hyperspace was...I thought you got into the fanclub by signing up...but then I was probably the only goon that wasn't already in the fanclub when I signed up for Hyperspace, lol

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    as soon as i get the time/money, im going to have to join. i don't have either so this deals works great for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.