main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Star Wars Fan Comic ( http://www.fandomcomics.com )

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by NarCranor, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Glad you enjoyed the site! We have been working hard since about Feb, and then opened in May to try our hand at some quality fan comics. Glad you are enjoying our feature so far!

2. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    Man, great site. Good artwork, too. Whoever is doing the drawing is really great. Kudos

3. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words! We actually have two new titles in development now too! So hopefully there will be a few new artists added to the staff roster and putting out material sometime in the next couple of months!

4. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    We updated again today for the new year, this time with an RPG supplement chapter for the Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook we are developing for the D20 game, since WOTC doesn't seem in much of a hurry to produce the material themselves.

5. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Page 11 went up today, and its great as usual! Check back with us on feb 15th for the next chapter in our Clone Wars sourcebook as well! Padawans!

6. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Excellent! Keep up the good work you guys!

7. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Fandom Comics is very pleased to announce that our second chapter in our Clone Wars Sourcebook is now available for download. We're also ecstatic to inform you all that contained within this 27 page Jedi Order sub-chapter are three pieces of exclusive artwork by the very talented TJ Colligan (pin-up: Etain Tur-Mukan), our very own Steve Criado (pin-up: Olee Starstone) and Holly Laing (pin-up: Ydra Kilwallen Sibwarra). So what are you waiting for? Download the new chapter already! Enjoy!

8. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Well, its the first of the month, and you guys know what that means by now. Updates. Today's site updates include a revised Dark Side Chapter of our Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook. We did numerous tweaks (including switching Dooku and his "clone" over to the Force Doppleganger explanation. We also added three new images we had done up by some great artists Holly Laing, TJ Colligan, and Tim Sullivan.

This would appear to be TJ Colligan's week, as he also has a sketchbook up that gives a sneak peek into Fandom Comic's latest comic book project Tales of the Chu'Unthor. Take an advance look at what is sure to be an exciting story we are kicking off this May. TJ was also added to the staff page.

Anyway, enjoy the update guys, and let us know what you think of the revisions on the Dark Side Chapter. Also if you ever wanted to go over the Padawan chapter with a fine tooth comb, nows the time, before we focus on that revision.

On March 15th you can expect page 12 of Cracken's Crew, and the Jedi Knights chapter of the Clone Wars Fan Sourcebook!

9. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Hey Nar,

The Wookie in the sketch book is v. cool!

I can't wait to see these characters in action.

D[face_peace]

10. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    http://www.fandom.swnsu.com

Well we managed to get our update completed on the last moments of the 15th of March. This update brings you another chapter in our Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook, the Jedi Knights. We present 25 of the more prominent Jedi Knights from the Clone Wars era.

Perhaps most notable to the fan community in this particular chapter is the inclusion of Ausar Auset, Durnar, and T'bolton from the Siege of Saleucami. These three characters were named for members of the Dark Horse Comics forums. I contacted the three of them to talk about what they wanted their character to be, and for T'Bolton and Durnar, who were never pictured, we had the talented Matt Skilton draw a great looking pin-up for us!

11. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Alright everyone, its the first of the month again, and that means a brand new comic page! This month we bring you page 12 of Cracken's Crew: The Invisible War, beautifully rendered by Steve Criado. Page production on Cracken's Crew has slowed of late, due to Steve's increased workload at his real job. While that situation will persist for the near future, we do have an additional comic title being added to the Fandom Comics lineup in May! Tales of the Chu'Unthor is a new four-issue mini series focusing on the trials and tribulations of the eclectic crew of Jedi and civilians onboard the mighty Chu'Unthor, an ancient Jedi training ship that plied the spacelanes four centuries before the Battle of Yavin! Written by Keith Kappel, Art by TJ Colligan.

Also, be sure to check back with us on the 15th for our Jedi Council Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook update!

12. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Awesome - I love how active you guys are in updating the site. Keep it up!

13. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Well, it is that time of the month again, and this month we bring you an all new chapter of the Fandom Comics Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook: The Jedi Council. This chapter covers all the Jedi characters who served on the council during the Clone Wars. It is our largest chapter to date, and covers a lot of characters that have been covered by official sources in the past, but we felt many of those stattings were not up to date with all the current character info out there.

The write ups are long and intense, covering every council member's path during the war. The thought here was that for those of you GMs out there who want to include cameos in your campaigns by council members, you can use our write ups to help find an appropriate gap, as well as provide filler background info to add depth. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the chapter, please let us know about any grammatical or continuity errors in the write ups, or any comments or errors with stats, we always appreciate it.

Also, remember, May 15th is when we are releasing the first Jedi Master Chapter (A-K) and June 15th will be Jedi Masters (L-Z)!

14. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you guys know that we posted the latest chapter of our Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook. This month we made a switch so that sourcebook updates are now on the 1st of the month and comic updates are on the 15th. May's chapter of the Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook includes half of the Jedi Masters during the Clone Wars era, A-K. There are about 25+ masters in this chapter. In a month, we will bring you the other half, which actually has closer to 35 characters. Then the Jedi Chapter will be completed! From there we are likely moving on to Separatists (gracefully shorter chapter). Anyway, hope everyone enjoys the chapter, and as always, please be on the lookout for mistakes/typos/errors and let us know about them as well as what you think of this installment in general!

Enjoy!

15. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we just hit our one-year anniversary! Hooray! Anyway, as a special treat, we have launched our new comic, Tales of the Chu'Unthor! Follow the adventures of Fin-So Rowan, Ivixa Delbaeth (both mentioned first in the power of the jedi sourcebook) and Fin-So's padawan, Xato Doryyn, and even Yoda himself (albiet a much younger one). The comic concerns the very first mission undertaken by the Chu'Unthor, a huge Jedi training ship that later crash lands on dathomir (read courtship of princess leia)

Now, you can expect our 1st of the month RPG updates to continue with the Clone Wars Sourcebook, but now we should have an alternating schedule on the 15th between pages of Cracken's Crew and pages of Tales of the Chu'Unthor. Also, eventually (probably when a draft of the clone wars sourcebook is done in a year or 18 months or so), we will be doing a mini sourcebook for Tales of the Chu'Unthor, similar to what we have done for the cracken's crew material.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy the new comic!

16. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Happy anniversary! [face_dancing]

You guys have anything up over in the Fan Comics section of deviantART? I wish more people could see the stuff you guys do so I thought I'd ask. :)

Keep up the great work!

17. Anstrona

Anstrona Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    We don't have anything up in the Fan Comics Section, although I'd completely forgotten about it and I might post a few things up there on behalf of Fandom Comics. But the artist for Cracken's Crew: The Invisible War Steve Criado has a DA account, one of our major contributors, Holly Laing also has one, and I have one as well. That should provide a little bit of additional artwork from all of us. I hope you enjoy it! :)

18. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Cool - just figured it was worth asking. :D I'll have to take a look.

Keep up the good work guys!

19. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Alright, finally the last Jedi chapter is up! Sadly, our deadline (which we were still 3 days late on) prevented us from including Nejaa Halcyon and Quinlan Vos. I know there are fans out there that want them included, and they will be. Unfortunately, you just have to wait another month :T. I apologize for anyone who was planning to use them in game this month. Anyway, next month is our big recompile for the Jedi chapter. LOTS of error correction, updates to a few characters, and 7 completely new characters, and 2 completely redone characters, plus sidebars galore! Once this recompile comes out, the Jedi chapter probably won't change until we update it something like a year from now. So feel free to print it out when the recompile posts!

Anyway, hope you all enjoy this chapter, please let us know what you think, and as always, sniff around for errors and let us know what you find!

Keith "Nar" Kappel

Just click on sourcebooks, then download the Jedi Masters Part 2 (and check out the other chapters if you haven't already!

20. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Page 13 of Cracken's Crew: The Invisible War fan comic is up! Give it a look and let us know what you think!

21. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Wow, you guys never cease to impress me. I'm still amazed at the detail and skill you guys possess! Awesome job. :D

22. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    A few days late this month, but its finally up! The Clone Wars D20 Fan Sourcebook recombined Jedi Chapter! 150 Jedi statted and written up, nearly 100 other Jedi mentioned, new pin-ups and tweaks throughout the entire document! Finally, all our Jedi subchapters combined into one great 10 mb file!

23. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    just to let you all know we updated the comics section by posting page 3 of tales of the chu'unthor and we have an interview going up on www.lightsabre.co.uk in 24 hours.

24. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Alright, its the 1st, so we updated with a new version of our dark side chapter. There were a few subtle tweaks to various stats and write ups, as well as the addition of Nikkos Tyris and Shaala Doneeta, as well as a pair of sidebars. Not a particularly huge update, I know, but it was basically to give us a month to rest and recuperate and get ahead a bit on the upcoming Separatist Chapter, which will be quite large.

Also, be on the look out for two pages of Cracken's Crew on the 15th!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
    http://fandomcomics.com

25. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    Just to let you all know, we updated again today with two new pages of the Cracken's Crew: The Invisible War comic book! Give it a read!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
    http://www.fandomcomics.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.