main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI New Star Wars Fan is Born

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Well, here I am. After some long days, I finally have my wife and new baby girl home from the hospital.

Megan Annabel Brookins was 8lbs 9 ozs. and 19 1/2 inches long. I'm sure she has grown more since she's been born though.

I can't say that I have heard of anyone being luckier than us, since she sleeps all thru the night (plus more) and eats very well. She's a strong and healthy baby.

I was going to have Kell tell her story, but she claims to be too busy with Megan to login online. So here it is:

Kelly's water broke at Midnight and got to the hospital around 1:30am Wed.(she called to make sure they would be ready for her so we didn't leave right away).
    She didn't have contractions (those VERY painful things that feel like your guts are being ripped out from the inside) until about 10am that morning.
    She wasn't dialating (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) as fast as she should have been, and by 1:00am the next morning (yes Thursday morning) they decided to do a C Section.
    At 2:38am on July 11th, Megan was born.
    Kely and Megan stayed in the hospital until Sunday (I spent the nights and did errands and such during the days). They were both very happy to be home.

So thats the story (Reader's Digest version). Kell can tell the details if she feels up to it, but I have a feeling she won't want to relive those long hours of pain. Not yet at least.

You can see Megan at:
    Click on Megan's Name for Her Pic

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yay! Congrats! And... ummmmm... I cannot think of a good Star Wars quote for this...

The first transport is away? :D

3. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Congrats on the baby, Rick. My wife and I are expecting a boy October 30th and can't wait to teach him in the ways of the force. :)

4. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Thanks guys. It is a most wonderful experience that I recommend to all competent people.

She will know the ways of the Force before she can walk. ;)

5. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Rick, I don't think it's physically possible for me to experience childbirth... :eek: [face_laugh]

6. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    No, but you could experience the joy of fatherhood. :p

7. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    That sounds like a good plan,
    Congrats again

8. Kell_Borean

Kell_Borean Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    Gees!! Rick!

You told more than enough. :)

Thanks for the "Congrats" everyone. I couldn't be happier to have Megan out and about with me.

She has her good times and bad times, but mostly good ones. :D

I'll bring her along next time, if I make it.

And no... I won't give details.

Kell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.