main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark New Star Wars Legacy books (spoilers may follow discussion)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Enderan, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enderan

Enderan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    Has anyone read the new Star Wars legacy books Betrayel and Bloodlines? I've read them both and am loving the direction they're going.

I don't want to say too much until others reply that have read the books but what's happening with Jacen Solo and Ben and etc... etc... is a really good story line I think.

What do ya'll think?

2. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    five bucks says boba meets up with someone from omega or delta. perhaps Darmans son!!

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm enjoying the new books...

Jacen is def. taking a few unexpected turns...curious about where the authors are going with that one.

Hope that Luke gets a backbone and puts his foot down about Ben being with Jacen so much.

Don't want to be in Jacen's shoes when Boba catches up with them...

4. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    In the news thing at the bottem of the board pages they have a naming contest going to give Jacen a Sith name. It appears he's following grandpa

5. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    The question is wether or not he STAYS a Sith Lord by the end of the series and if he truly can be an objective Sith without the will to dominate or the lust for ultimate power.

Can he co-exist with the Jedi order and his uncle after his turn. Because if he can then he hasn't actually fallen but decided to use an alternate, more dark path.

Also, the Star Wars site is doing the name that Sith thing too.

http://www.starwars.com/darthwho

I think it would be cool if one of us won this.

Back to the books...

I just hope that he doesn't end up trying to kill his wife and child but I think that he's going to end up killing Jaina instead. She'll find out about his Sith ways and confront him, then, in anger, try to strike him down. She'll either become his apprentice or die by his hand.

Ben, is not going to be a Sith. He will take a blend of his father's and Jacen's teachings and marry them to become a much more effective master than even his father could become. Ben will become the Jedi Anakin was supposed to be and Jacen will become the Sith that Vader dreamed about... the Sith'Ari shall be born.

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    hmmm...Jacen vs Jania....that would be an interesting confrontation since she's sort of gone over to the dark before???

I just don't like waiting between books.

But, I like the Jango stuff in the last one....

When does the next one come out?

7. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    The end of the month. Barns and Noble has more than 50 copies coming in so they will have plenty. I also liked the Boba Fett story line but am really interested in seeing how Jacen turns out.

Him "flow walking" back to see Anakin turning is pretty cool. I also like the way that Lumiya is teaching him the ways of the Sith. Kind of a Darth Revan kind of thinking. Power is not just for power's sake but should be sought for the sake of seeking it. Not for a means to an end. (Sith holocron of Darth Revan discovered mastered and destroyed by Darth Bane). But Jacen has a purpose. To turn the Galaxy into a place of order and peace (sound familiar?).

The problem with that is that the only way he'll be able to do that is to destroy everything each civilization in the Galaxy holds dear. He'll have to end up conquering the galaxy and subjecting it to martial rule in order to see the order he thinks will abide. Lumyia is playing him for a fool but he's too far gone to see that.

For all his force power and potential he has not wisdom nor can he see the obvious. Those things that are right infront of him.

Since she was trained by Vader she has to have some of Palpatines motivations, since he approved Vader training her anyway.

I want to see if Jacen gets a hold of some actual Sith Holocrons and learns other techniques. What if he gets a hold of the actual Holocron of Darth Bane, or Nihilus. Those would make him more powerful than any Sith Lord since Revan (since Bane and NIhilus learned their secrets from Revan).

8. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    i am also reading the comic series legacy. it is about 130 years in the future with a darth krayt and luke's ghost appears to his grand(s) son. it is very very good.

as for bloodlines, i bought a copy and it was one of those printed wrong. the bookstore ordered me a new one and i havent had a chance to go get it. the chapter where he flow walks is missing in my original copy. man i was mad.

9. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I can't believe that.

Is your new copy in or do you need to borrow mine?

Also, Are you done with Outbound Flight...(You borrowed my copy from ShadowScout.

10. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    I like the comic book series as well (I have them all so far) I just wish they were longer and more in detail with the story.

I am, however, loving the story in Legacy of the Force. I am totally interested in finding out how Jacen and the rest of the Galaxy turns out by the end of these 10 books.

11. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    Okay, I just finished reading the new book in the Legacy of the Force series. I'm loving it so far but this book is leading me in ways I didn't think the series would go.

******* SPOILER ALERT *******

I thought that Jacen had resolved to kill his daughter and wife in the last book and here we find him with a completly opposite resolve in their favor but firing on his own parents because he thought they were traitors and the sample of the next book seems to show that he doesn't regret it at all.

I also loved the Force choke of the Hapan noble on the bridge during the battle. It was so Vader-ish that it was cool, and it made his point perfectly clear.

I just wonder what Boba Fett is doing now and how he's boing to play into the whole scheme of things in the end.

I also wonder if the suggestion in the book that Lumiya was not the last Sith in the galaxy points toward Darth Krayt's involvement in galactic events of the current era. During her conversation in the missle bay of Jacen's GAG Star Destroyer with the crippled Twi'lek (I can't remember her name right now) the Twi' got a revelation that Lumiya might not be the only Sith left and Lumiya said that Jacen didn't need her anymore to finish his training in the ways of the Sith (She apparently dies but the book doesn't say for sure).

Overall the book was a good one to me and furthers the story well. I'll be reading the next one in Feb '07 when it comes out!

What do ya'll think?

12. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    i'm about 100.00 pages in right now. was hoping for more boba but something tells me that i'll get all i need when Karen Traviss next book Sacrifice comes out.

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    crippled twi' = Alema Rar
    (my spelling might be off)

You know you can block out spoilers so people don't accidently read them...

Just click on highlight and pick black...then to read them just click on them and drag the mouse across and they light up and you can read them:

Warning Spoilers Ahead:

I love how he didn't kill of his daughter...and loved the fact that she kicked a bit of butt...with her "recording rod" weapon...I think she called it a safety stick. I don't get why he can't call off the warrant on Han and Leia...evidence provided by Tenel Ka should have cleared them....I guess they're needed for conflict....
    But, I liked the direction it's going...

Do you think Lumyia is dead???

14. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    Spoiler alert

I don't really know. I think that it might be better if she was but who will walk him into the Sith Legacy that he's looking for. He'll gain the knowledge on his own but how will he connect with the "rest" of the Sith waiting for him? I don't know. That is an interesting thought. Did Han and Leia die in the hyperspace jump? With the Falcon as banged up as it was they may not have. The next book will tell a lot of things. Hopefully they are alive but I can't wait for Jacen to become a fully indocrinated Sith Lord and recieve his Sith name. His downfall is that his view of how to save the galaxy is selfish but I love how his doubts played up when trying to save his daughter and wife... "Is the galaxay that can start a war for selfish gain really one worth saving. Is a galaxy that can try to kill my little girl one that is worth saving?" I'm loving it.

Thanks for the tip on how to hide the spoilers. Never even really thought about it.

15. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    Have you guys checked out the Sith names that we can vote on for Jacen Solo? (http://www.starwars.com/darthwho)

I don't really like any of them.

Darth Acheron
    Darth Caedus
    Darth Judicar
    Darth Paxis
    Darth Taral

What do you guys think?

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    ForceConduit posted them in the social thread.

Most of the boards I frequent have more people leaning towards the Paxis one...

I think it sounds too much like Praxis..the exam you have to take to get into teacher education...

Like I said in the social thread...

I'm still mad that Darth Bob didn't make the list....

17. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    Small spoiler

Highlite below

If there are other followers of the Sith order why is there no one able to claim the title of Sith Lord or "Darth" for themselves? Do they need someone as powerful as Jacen to lead them and is he the start of the "rule of one" that Darth Krayt finalizes? He doesn't seem, so far, determined to destroy the Jedi order, as a matter of fact he committed cold blooded murder in order to save a conflict with Luke in some future timeline (reference Legacy of the Force; Betrayal) so in that case can he co-exist with the Jedi? Also, it is apparent that Darth Krayt is running a Sith order on Korriban during this time period, do you think Jacen will meet him and will they do battle or will Jacen just become one of his followers? One way or another if there are actually more Sith out there than they, to preserve continuity, should be under the rule of Darth Krayt by this time. Why do they need Jacen Solo? Is his training and status just a part of one of Krayt's plans? Interesting questions I think.

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    When's the next Legacy book due out?

I can't ever remember these things....

I think there should be some sort of rule where they have to come out closer together.

I wind up having to read the old one so that I can figure out whats going on in the new one...

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Nobody knows when the next Legacy book is due out?

I think it might be March, but don't know for sure...

Anybody know???

Anyone?

Anyone?

Help me out here? Please.....

[face_pig]

20. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Exile is due out tomorrow, but the Wal Mart in Caobt had it out on Sunday...

Go out, get the book...read it...

I really liked it.

SPOILERS BELOW:

I loved getting to see Lando again. (I have a soft spot for him). Lumyia creeps me out completely...I really liked the interaction b/t Luke and Mara on this one and it was good to see Han & Leia had survived the end of that last book...Tempest? I can't remember the titles...Anyays, I'm almost finished with it...This one is enjoyable...so far...

Remember to vote for the next Darth...(I don't remember how long you have to vote...)

21. Enderan

Aug 30, 2006
    I enjoyed it as well.

SPOILER

I think that Lumiya is playing Jacen for a fool like how she slipped that information to the Confederation and the way she ordered those spies to kill Ben and Jacen is just blind to it. I also did like how Ben handled himself with the little girl and all and the finding of an ancient Sith meditation chamber that knew enough to look for Lumiya is creepy. I also don't know if either Han or Leia will make it out of the next book since Jacen has decided to kill both of them even if they aren't the sacrifice he is supposed to make. I also love the way they had Luke and Lumiya's interaction going showing that Lumiya wasn't hateful and didn't want revenge leaving Luke with a lot to think about. This is getting interesting and Jaina still hasn't played a significant role in the story line yet and Ben's character is starting to develop well.

Again, I enjoyed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.