main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm surprised many people are suggesting a show very similar to what we got in the Aftermath trilogy.

I'm hoping for something totally different as I already read a story about ex-Imperial, about building the New Republic and catching Imperials on the run...

There's so much stuff they can do with this show, I hope they won't go the safe route of a ragtag group in a spaceship, but instead do something surprising. Like series from the point of view of the Imperials establishing the First Order or maybe something with an ex-Inquisitor that survived the collapse of the Empire (that way you can have a Force user without stepping on Luke's toes) or go full military and just make it a New Republic fleet series...

What I would probably enjoy the most is an anthology format type of show, where every 5 or 6 episodes, we would get a new story and a new cast. Or at least every season...

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Preach. I'd much rather have something that allows us to see a wide range of people and events, as opposed to just having something that's contained to a single planet.

RaptorMusic and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree I want to learn about new characters as much as possible

RaptorMusic likes this.
  4. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I'm hyped for this already... not to far away

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think is best to get ahead of ourselves here, the series is pitched as 7 years after the Battle of Yavin(ANH). So 3 years would've passed between ANH and ESB and one year is between ESB ad ROTJ, so thats 4 years right there.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'd love a focus on building the New Republic after the events of Aftermath and before the events of Bloodline.

Though I still maintain that we'll be following a young native of Yavin IV that stumbles upon the abandoned Rebel base...

Jedi Knight Fett and Hopeless like this.
  7. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Aside from a Jedi/Sith Era TV Series; I would like to see a Star Wars Live Action TV Series, that features non-military Characters ie. working class and Corporate types. Now that Star Wars is opening up to many different projects, on a yearly basis, it would be good to have as much variety as possible.

revan772 likes this.
  8. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    Yeah I too would prefer an anthology type series with a different story every week featuring different characters (though of course sometimes there might be double episodes and of course we might revisit some character in a future episode of season).

For me that provides the opportunity to really expand the universe and tell a wide variety of story types.

I really hope they DONT go down the "Rebels" TV series route and lock themselves into one set of characters (I mean really, how many adventures can one boy have!)

9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I know it'll never happen but it would be cool if some of the characters and events on this show would actually have some meaningful impact on future Star Wars movies. If they don't it'll feel sorta like the TV show lives an alternate, parallel universe than the movies and none of it will matter because nothing on the TV show will be mentioned in the ST and no matter how bad things get for the heroes of the TV show we know that eventually Rey and her friends will save the day later down the road in the ST.

That's part of the reason I could never get into the cartoons, comics, and novels.

10. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    The Clone Wars had Saw Garrerra way before Rouge One showed him. Likewise, each movie gets some book prequals, like Last Shot for Solo or Catalyst for RO. Even TCW helped explain why Anakin had so much anger toward the Jedi. A lot of the NEU does tie into newer stuff, so I would recommend giving at least some of it a chance.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The irony is that many people who might have suggested that they disassociate themselves with the TV series because many characters have no impact in the movies are also among those that would cringe at the notion of some of the popular TV-only characters, like Ahsoka of course, making their live action debuts on the big screen.

And about Saw in particular; while I liked R1 a lot, they really gave his character very little background to tie it to what fans of TCW remember. Even the Battlefront 2 novel (Inferno Squad) gave it more detail.

DarthRosie likes this.
  12. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Also Forest Whitaker's acting had me thinking, "dude...what are you even doing? Hahahahahahaha".

13. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    This will be an unpopular opinion but the lack of TV crossovers into the movies does not make the TV series less relevant to me, it makes the movies less relevant to me. Especially the post-sale ones.

Regarding a live-action Ahsoka, while there'd be an undeniable coolness factor in that happening, I only really trust her story in the hands of Dave Filoni right now. I don't want someone like Rian Johnson getting anywhere near her. The only way I'd really feel comfortable with the prospect of a live action Ahsoka movie is if either Filoni has full control over the writing or if the entire production is done with every last dollar of the writers personal assets locked in a vault with Filoni holding a match over it.

End of digression.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah, but that's besides the point. If I had one criticism about R1 (which I've talked about in the Anthology threads) it's that they just threw his character in as a new person who just so happens to be connected to the lead protagonist. If you never saw TCW; much less the Onderon arc in particular, you'd never have known how much of an impact Saw had not only on his own homeworld but the beginning of what would eventually become the fledgling Rebellion.

15. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I hear you. I had no idea Saw was such a big deal until you just pointed it out.

Funny enough despite my earlier comments about not watching the cartoons or reading the comics and novels I actually do think it would be cool if some of those characters popped up in the live action show. If all of those stories are canon they should do more to really make those characters feel part of the same universe and putting them in a live action show could do that.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Darth Kickass and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Again, if nothing else, the Inferno Squad book does shed some light on bridging the Onderon arc from TCW with Saw's role in R1.

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  17. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    You all think we’ll see a young Lor San Tekka make an appearance in this show?

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't read up on the movie-related novels; but has he ever gotten a proper background at all?

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I don’t either so I’m not sure but I don’t think so.

20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    There is little bit of background info about him in the TFA Visual Dictionary and he appeared recently in few issues of the Poe Dameron comic.

kalzeth likes this.
  21. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Not really. The only appearance he has really had so far was in the Poe comic and that just takes place in the days/weeks/months before TFA.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Obviously it's too late, but it's too bad he couldn't have been a character from Rebels.

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope this isn't the sole live action series, with a certain cameo from Solo, I hope we see more of the dark times criminal world in its own series.

24. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    kalzeth and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well aren't I just a genius:

:p