main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    A live action Star Wars series and a new Rian Johnson-helmed film trilogy?

[​IMG]

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Yes. Lucusfilm have a huge animation studio in Singapore, they do animation, nothing else (see the names in the Rebels credits). There is no chance that their main product (Rebels) won't be replaced.
    [​IMG]

Justrec, MrDarth0 and kalzeth like this.
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Agreed, animation is here to stay.

As for Underworld, I believe the idea of bringing Saw back started out there and they decided to use him in Rogue One and I'm sure Solo likely borrows a few ideas as well but there should definitely be plenty of material still to mine if they want to.

4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Animation isn't going anywhere, at least not right now. They have so much material to work with, they can do both Animated shows and Live action. They could make money hand over fist.

5. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    #subscribed. Just release it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This is just awesome news and probably the best. Since we don't have the slightest clue on a third anthology film. It's nice to see a new trilogy and a live action tv series. Marvel is kicking major butt, its time for star wars to burst out of the shell.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I really had a feeling this would happen when Disney announced their streaming service, knew they'd find a way to get me to subscribe!!!! (was probably going to anyways)

DarthRosie and revan772 like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I was thinking Filoni was going to take the next animated series to the streaming service as mandated by The Mouse but now, with some recent comments and the fact that LFL would have to find another TV-person to get the ball rolling, I think a Filoni created live action TV series in the Disney streaming service is the next step.

Animation will probably still be ongoing as well but maybe promoting someone from Rebels to run the new animated series.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welp I was wrong

10. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    When the acquisition occurred there were talks of a live action series based on Lucas' scripts for Underworld. Part of the rationale by those who held that belief was thinking they could reuse existing sets, props, costumes, and even digital effects from some of the forthcoming feature films. My hope is they repurpose some of the Solo and Rogue One assets to make a show set in the Dark Times. I know this has been explored extensively in the NU but the potential for good old fashioned Star Wars fun is there. An anthology series set in that time period could be really good. Live action Vader, Obi-wan (get Ewan), Solo (I'm sure Alden signed up for more than just the movie). Chewie, 3PO, and R2 are timeless. My point is they could do something like that a little on the cheap. What would be really cool would be an hour long anthology where each episode is set in a different time period, like Forces of Destiny for grownups.

kalzeth likes this.
  11. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am almost certain in the far distant future we will get more then one live action tv shows and trilogys movies too. ^:)^ =D=

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Are we FINALLY getting Underworld?! *runs around with excitement*

For those who don't know, Underworld was the unreleased live-action bounty hunter series.

13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm guessing this series might be set in between ROTJ and TFA, as it is the most unexplored period on the saga timeline. If Iger says the plan is to have it on the air by the end of 2019, that would time perfectly with the release of Episode IX.

KSennia, whostheBossk and Hopeless like this.
  14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I think they finally found a way to finance Star Wars Underworld, if that is what they're doing. Isn't there like 50 scripts ready?

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

If that turns out to be the case they could easily have episode 9 segue into the new live action series.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope it's either Underworld or (if Rian's new trilogy isn't) a KOTOR era show. No matter what though I'm super excited! Finally! :D

17. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    If we get the series set between III and IV, I'd love to see some Rebels characters in live action. But I'm guessing it won't be set during that period, since we had Rebels and they'll probably want to explore different eras, especially with IX releasing that year, we could get a series set between VI and VII.

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Disney took the scripts for Underworld and, I believe, NBC (could be wrong) was interested in the series after the Disney takeover.

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The fact that it's coming out the same year that Episode IX is could maybe indicate that it might be set in-between ROTJ and TFA. That's an era that's still largely unexplored and many people would likely want them to start filling in those gaps.

20. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I will have to wait and see to make an assessment. I can't currently see anything that speaks positive for a live-action star wars show with a small disney budget.
    But if they take some cues from Star Trek: Discovery, maybe. That's a big maybe.

I will have to check out the new season of Agents of SHIELD, which might actually be a test run for Disney to see how they would do with a Sci-fi show. (The new season starts of in space)

21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Honestly? I don't really want Underworld. I want a Bounty Hunter show, yeah. But from what we heard about Lucas's Underworld, I was not impressed. I mean, they literally said there was an episode where Emperor Palpatine was given a romantic interest and becomes a lover scorned.

KSennia and kalzeth like this.
  22. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Whats to say underworld will be bad or mostly Lucas version now that Disney owns it? We may even see Darth Vader or Thrawn because originally Darth Vader was not to appear in the show.

23. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Its Underworld if it used Lucas's scripts.

Its not Underworld if it doesn't.

24. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I just believe that it will be changed a bit kinda like how Disney scrapped and combined both Lucas original sequel trilogy and the Expanded universe. Thou is oblivious that EU is gone but not discarded.

25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I think it should be like Deadwood meets The Sopranos, in space.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.