main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO New StLFF Structure Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    At the December meeting I announced that I am stepping down as CR. Ever since I was made RSA I've been a little cramped for time, I don't feel I have devoted as much time as I should to CR'ing. I'm not going anywhere, I'm still going to be as active a member as I ever have been, but I'm passing on the title, colors and a bulk of the responsibility to some one new.

We discussed as a group how we thought this should proceed. It was decided that on January 7th, 6 p.m. we would been at Christina's house and have a meeting discussing possible canadits for the position and take nominations. The people nominated will have two weeks to decide if they would like to be considered, and to make a case why they would like to be CR. Then, on January 21st, the voting will start for the new CR and end on the 28th. If you cannot make the meeting, please PM me your nomination and any suggestions or comments you have about the CR position.

Also decided was that we will start a "Jedi Council" sort of leadership setup. Basically that means that 4 to 6 people will assist the CR in making policy, deciding guidelines, planning events that sort of thing. The idea was that the 5 to 7 members (including the CR) would be able to make decisions as a whole better than just one person. It is more democratic than the just one leader. This sort of thins out the responsibility of leadership, making things a little easier on everyone and provides a check and balance system. We would also do away with the Co-CR position with this new set-up.

Criteria for the Council members is free for discussion, both in the thread and at the meeting. My idea was that a Council member has to have attended at least one meeting in the past year, and post with relative frequency (I define relative frequency as around once a week, but that is up for discussion).

I will post the official FF criteria for a CR in the next post and add some of my thoughts as well. Like I said feel free to post or PM me any questions and/or comments.

Important date recap:
    1/7/05 6pm, meeting
    1/21/05, voting starts
    1/28/05, voting ends, CR nominated next day

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Pulled from the FanForce FAQs and CR code of conduct:

These are the people you will be dealing with the most. They take care of the every day running of the chapter they were elected to represent. They are the organizers of your area, organizing everything from meets and board graphics to titles, co lour schemes, and even in the case of some, the chapter's web site.

They report and problems they can't handle to the Regional Support Administrator's as well as mentioning anything that needs to be moderated. They liaise with their local Regional Support Administrator to get the chapter's news posted on the FanForce main page.

They are also the only level of the FanForce staff that is publicly elected.

The age minimum for Chapter Representatives is 18. We also ask that they reside in their chapter all twelve months of the year. They are required to keep their plain blue font on a transparent background so that they are easier for you to find, although they can also be identified by their title which will tell you both their position and the city they hold that position in.

1. You will follow the Terms of Service of these boards to the letter. Yes, it may seem unfair of you to have to be that careful with what you post, but you do have to remember that as City Reps, you are representing your forums. You are role models for the other members of your chapter. They will be looking to you for examples of how to behave and post.

If you are concerned that what you are posting is against the TOS, don't post it. If what you are saying was fully appropriate for these boards, you would not have that small doubt about it. If you are not sure about something, contact your RSA and ask them - they will be more than happy to help you with any of your queries.

Further more, if you see something against the TOS posted in one of your forums, you must contact your RSA and have it removed. Yes, it may be an unpopular move, but part of your job is to keep your forums clean and point out to your RSA anything they may not have seen.

2. You must be polite, courteous and helpful at all times. We're not asking you to be perfect. We're simply telling you that you must not post with 'attitude' during your tenure as a City Rep. Once again, you are representing your forum, and must act as a role model at all time.

We have set out what will happen to you if you do not hold yourself to this, too.

The first time you will be warned. We will let you know exactly what we think you did wrong, and what we think you can do to make it not happen again.
    The second time you will have a temporary demotion, time to be determined depending on the offence. Some offences will get longer punishments than others.
    If you commit an offence for the third time you will be permanently demoted and we will ask your chapter to elect a new CR.

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I think having a "jedi council" is a great idea.

4. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I agree. I like the idea of a jedi council. I know I don't make meetings very regularly (or ever, so far), but I would very much like to be on this council. I don't have the time or people skills to be a good and effective CR, but I think I would be good on this council. I could be the "wise old guy". I've been with this group since before it was an official fanforce. I've seen the transition from many of the original members to all of the current ones. Although I don't post all that often, I do check the board every day.

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    If were in the business of throwing out names for the new Council, I would like to nominate Dajuan. She has been an excellent City Representative and I know the Council would benefit tremendously from her enthusiam and experience. I know she would continue to work hard to serve us all, and I feel she should be involved with this. That is, if she wants to.

6. gilraen

gilraen Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    In regards to the meeting, since it is at my house...
    Will anyone need dinner? I will have to have it ready for my husband and I could do something like Split Pea soup or something that would feed the masses on a cold winters' night... Let me know!

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We could all grab something and bring it over. That or we bring snacks.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Food won't be much of an issue for me, I can always bring over something. :)

9. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I will most likely have to work until 8:30. How long do you think the meeting will be going on? Or will anyone be going for a drink after the meeting?

And, if not, when's the next beer meeting? I'm just about over this cold and I have some catching up to do.

And while I think the council is an excellent idea, I would prefer not to be on it. I will, however, support their decisions and when appropriate throw ideas their way.

10. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Good! I can only take up the slack for so long.... :p

11. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I really hate to put that burden on anyone, sorry KOB.

12. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm all about sacrifice! ;)

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think we'll still be going as long as Christine doesn't kick us out. And all beer and such will be after the discussion section of the meeting.

14. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Great, I don't get off work till 10pm that night.
    I told ya I wouldn't be seeing you guys for a while.
    :(

15. gilraen

gilraen Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Of course everyone is welcome to stay and party afterwords! I don't mind doing that or going out.

And just let me know about food when you decide.

16. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Can I become a member of the Jedi Council?

That would be cool!

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    We'll discuss it Ben... Gotta come to the meeting though. ;)

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think I'll bring pretzels and dip of some sort. No cooking for me.

If you can't make it to the meeting remember to PM me your suggestions or post them here. I've heard from some of you already.

19. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm coming to the meeting of course, and I'm bringing my girl with me. ;)

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    This is coming up on Friday, don't forget.

Nominations thus far:
    Council
    quigon_brian
    Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi
    Jedi_Dajuan

CR
    Jedi_Commander_Faofa (as of right now ;) )

Anyone want to add to the list? I'm going to be nominating council members at the meeting I think.

21. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    *blinks* oooookay...

22. MiracleMets22

MiracleMets22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    I'd like to nominate myself....lol just kidding
    curse the gods of scheduling! I'm off from now (Sat) until friday when I have to work....which just happens to be the meeting day.... :mad:

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Till what time?

24. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    New Year,new changes. Good to see. Checking my schedule, for Fri, as always never predictable. I try to check in later this week as to my ability to attend.

25. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Is Jon stepping down as CR or co-CR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.