main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO New StLFF Structure Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yep, no smelling me for you. :(

Haha no OPPM for me!!!

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Har Har Dajuan. Rub it in. ;)

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm not sure I'd call it misfortune Scott... ;)

4. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Yeah, but you still get a OPPFS

5. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    So, I imagine no one expected to get dumped on by sleet/snow, did they? Hopefully you'll all get home safe, I'll just relax in my warm, safe house. ;)

6. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm in a warm safe house. :)

With a fireplace.

7. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Thanks to everyone that came. Once again, you have proven to be the best of what St. Louis has to offer! I hope you all got home safe and dry!

(Oh, and Ken...I took inventory of everything that was left and will save your chips for you! ;) )

I think we will need to have another get together to use up all of the stuff left!

Christina

8. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm home! :D

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Me too, as is Scott.

10. LeraTheElf

LeraTheElf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm home. Tried to call you Christina, I really did! It wouldn't connect...I don't know why. Driving in the snow is an adventure. Except on the highway, I didn't go over 45 all the way home. That is setting a new record for me.

I would just like to say I also avoided running into a car that was stupidly stopped at a stop sign in front of me when my breaks started pulsing and well, not stopping.

11. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Oh, yeah...I'm not dead either. :D

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yikes! Well I'm glad you made it back safe. Randy is also home BTW.

I'll get the meeting notes up in the morning. They wouldn't make much sense if I did it right now anyway.

13. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Everyone's accounted for except Maygin... :eek:

14. LeraTheElf

Oct 28, 2004
    Uh-oh...

15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Does anyone know her home or cell number?

16. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    SHE does.

17. LeraTheElf

Oct 28, 2004
    One can always count on Ken for helpful pieces of information...

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I checked, I don't have it. Maybe Christina has caller ID.

19. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    One can always count on Ken for helpful pieces of information...

That's what I'm here for!!! ;)

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Be prepared for a long one:

Nominations
    CR
    Scott (JCF)
    Jon (VoijaRisa)
    Christian (chiss_man)

Council
    Brian (QGB)
    Kalan (BOWK)
    Dajuan (Jedi_Dajuan)
    Jon (VoijaRisa)
    Amy (Dagobah_Diva)
    Ken (KOB)
    Christina (Jedi_Ruyna or gilraen)
    Christian (chiss_man)
    Scott (JCF)

Voting and Discussion:
    CR
    Discussion and nominations are now until 1/13. All nominations must be in by that point. Voting officially begins on 1/14 and continues until 1/28. On Saturday the 29th I will make an announcement on who our CR is.

The same rules and methods of voting applies as with the banner voting. As then, you will send me your votes via PM and log you that you voted in this thread. Only then will you be officially voted. If you have a question if you're elidgible please ask me.

Council
    Our new CR's first act of office will be to handle the council voting. (Because I've been nominated for council, there would be a conflict of interests if I took the vote.) Discussion and nominations are from now until 1/28. Voting for council ends 2/4. Announcements will be 2/5.

After the CR has been announced, if s/he has the official colors and title or not yet, you can vote for the council. Same method and rules for voting as with CR. Each person may vote for up to 6 members.

Criteria to be Council/CR
    • You must be 18 years of age to be either CR or council. (CR is as per FF rules, council we decided).

• You must have been a posting member of the StLFF for at least 4 months. This gives you a chance to learn about us and us about you.

• You must have at least 50 posts to the boards as a whole, most of which are on StLFF (for small amounts).

• CR must make at least 6 meetings or social events a year. (Social event would be a beer meeting, or board announced get together with more than 4 total official members.) This can be slightly waived at this point, but CR must have been to several meetings in the past and make more in the future. Not going to meetings is grounds for dismissal (see later).

• Council must make at least 3 meetings a year or 1/4 the total amount of meetings. Again, this can be waived to a point.

Job of CR and Council
    • Organize and plan meetings. They will gather the info and make the arrangements for the meetings (i.e. call places, get times set up etc). This doesn't mean everyone can't suggest places and volunteer to help with stuff. That is the job of every member. But CR and council will make sure all the details are taken care of.

• CR and council will make the rules of the boards together and the CR will enforce them. Enforcing them means letting the RSA know if there is a problem that needs a ban or edit, and being in contact with an RSA on such issues.

• CR and council members will swap writing the scrolling banner and writing the information for the main page each month. The person responsible each month will get the scroll bar submitted as soon as meeting/new is announced and decided. The main page info will be submitted within a week to 4 days before the meeting

• CR will make all announcements from the council decisions. S/He will also act as a "president" of the club and council. The council is like the "senate." Both CR and Council has veto power over the decisions of the other. CR is actually a member of council, but in the event of a tie the CR is the tie breaker.

• CR and council are required to address any concerns the club has in a timely manner.

How and when to remove CR/Council member
    • If a council member has been MIA for one month and has made no contact with any other member through any means, they will be removed from the council. If the person has made contact and still haven't returned to the boards after 2 months, s/he will be removed from council. If a person needs an extended vacation this is fine as long as it is pre-arranged.

• If

21. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Sorry I missed it last night. Honestly, I was whupped after work and the snow sealed it for me. (Plus I had to be in at work at 8:00am this morning again)

I'd have suggested it last night, but for obvious reasons...

I think the number 1 priority for the group should getting new members. I have throughly enjoyed the company of everyone that I've met at the meetings, but to really thrive this group is going to need a bigger membership. I think this council is an excellent way to put in a "management system" to deal with a larger body. But we need that body!

Of course, I may be putting the cart before the horse. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Again, sorry I didn't make it. When's the next beer meeting? :)

22. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    That's a good idea, Tim. But it'll probably be best to wait a little bit to expand the group since things may get somewhat chaotic while we change structure. After the dust has settled I'm all for recruiting, though.

23. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    We'll just have to do our best to strongarm the new people to show up for meetings. :D I have a friend who I keep meaning to bring to a meeting, but I haven't talked to him in a couple of years...hope I still have his number. Then you could chalk another one up for the Illinois side!

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You're very right Tim. The question is what's the best was to get those members? I can make up things like business cards easily to hand out, that's cheap. But what about things like newspaper ads or flyers? We could canvas at RotS showings but that's a while off.

25. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Here's what I do when I spend my advertising bucks, focus on the target customer(SW fan in this case) and try to figure out the best medium to reach them. And also, not just reach them - tell them what makes us special and why they should go with us as THE premier Star Wars fan club in St. Louis (that may sound over board, but honestly - if you want them join, tell why it's a good time)

This case, I'm thinking flyers in comic shops, hobby shops, Toy stores? might gets some response. I was recently shoot'in the breeze with a couple guys at the local comic shop and mentioned theforce.net. Neither of them had ever heard of it. I'm betting the fencing/sword playing groups may have closet SW fans. I sometimes find a little "outside the crapper" thinking comes in handy.

I think I read somewhere that a couple of the larger fanforces are also going to have tables at C3 and will be giving pointers on these very issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.