main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO New StLFF Structure Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Perhaps you should reread the structure.

The CR can be removed by a 4/6 vote in the council. A call for a vote can be initiated by anyone. Either because they aren't doing their jobs, or because someone better comes along.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    To expand on what Jon just said:
    *4 of the 6 Council members must vote to remove the CR
    *Anyone, council or not can call for removal.

That's what he said really but it didn't seem clear.

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Thank you Dajuan, Jon wasn't clear. He should have gone back to the guidelines and copied from there.

4. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    You know what? This is starting to sound a bit too much like U.S. politicians... which I really hate!

5. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Ken, you're probably right. I just felt it approprite to have some sort of plan if I was to be nominated for CR. Amy had enough faith in me to nominate me, and I don't want to disappoint her by not taking it seriously. I probably am taking it too seriously though...

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Or you could have gone back to look for yourself, but let's not go there. No harm done.

And I agree with you Ken, gives me a headache.

7. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Observe....

If I get voted to the Council, I'll do the best I can.

8. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    If voted for Council or CR. I'll do the best I can.

Leave it to Ken to put it all in perspective. ;)

9. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    You know what? This is starting to sound a bit too much like U.S. politicians... which I really hate!

Great. I'm doing better than I thought. Now I just need Scott to give me something to fling mud at him for.

10. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Leave it to Ken to put it all in perspective.

You know what they say. From insanity comes.....well.... I can pick up heavy stuff!!!

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If I get voted on Council I promise to um..... talk about toilet paper, a lot.

12. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    If I get voted on Council I promise to um..... talk about toilet paper, a lot.

You just lost my vote.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ok, then maybe serious issues that need dealing with like world hunger or world peace?

Or how about I just do what I've always tried to do: what I think is best for the FF. That sound better? There will be a little TP talk, but not that much.

14. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    You sound like a flip flopper to me. I'm voting for the other guy. You know. The idiot that has a bad plan but sticks to what he says.

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    To quote Christian "Bah".

16. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I have to agree with Chiss_man on the meetings. I think I had mentioned awhile back, that a set meeting time each month might be a benefit.

Every other group that I've ever been involved with has a set day and time they meet. In fact, I'm currently unavailable the first Thursday of every month. I still think it's a good idea. If I have a set day, I can try to make other plans around this meeting. (That's what I do now for the first Thursday of every month)

Or maybe, if we can narrow it down to the second or third weekend of every month (for example), at least we would know that's when it's gonna be (time frame -wise). This, I think, will require much discussion.

As for the Beer Meetings - to quote Billy Joel - I love them just the way the are!! :) BTW, when is the next one?

17. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Wow...I go to bed early for one night and look at all the stuff that happens. :)

I suppose having the same meeting time every month would be acceptable, but it'll definately cut down on my number of meetings attended. I rely on my parents to babysit and they always have a crazy schedule. I could see holding it to a certain weekend and then later deciding whether it'd be a Friday or Saturday. What's important, though, is getting the highest attendance (even if I can't come :( )

Future meetings: Definately a Card game (preferably against the Cubs ;) )...We need to go to Six Flags together...and an all day barbecue sort of thing this summer

18. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I'd like to go to Merimac(sp?) Caverns... and a bbq sounds great...

19. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Float trip?

All those ideas sound good to me.

20. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I had never even thought of Meremac Caverns, but that sounds like a good idea for a meeting place.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Problem with the caverns is the distance. I'm all for going though, just something we have to consider.

22. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'd go to the caverns with ya, Christine! The float trip sounds like it could be a good beer meeting...or at least beer should be involved in some way. ;)

Don't forget the meeting where, after I win the lottery, I take the entire FanForce on a cruise to the Caribbean. So, set aside some time for that soon. [face_laugh]

23. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Diva - float trip/2 day beer meeting could be fun. And definitely count me in on that cruise!!!! Where we stopping? :)

24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    As for the meetings, money is going to be an issue. We can always do fun stuff without spending a lot of money. I don't think we would have to go to the caverns and Cards games and stuff. We just have fun doing whatever. I mean, at the last meeting, having that snowball fight at the end, that was one of the most fun things I have done in a long time! I can't remember the last time I did something like that.

Also, the set date to do something would vary from month to month for 2 reasons: 1, for example, the first this month was on a Saturday. The first next month is on a TUESDAY. We can't have meetings on the weekdays, because certain members go to school, or work. Also, not everyone is going to make it there on a certain date each month for another reason. Stuff happens. Not every member is going to be able to make a meeting in the first place. SO... I think we should keep to what we do in the first place: ask everyone what is the best dates for you for a meeting, and then decide with EVERYONE on when the meeting is going to take place. As for the beer meetings, you guys that go to those could decide on the set date for that, I think a set date would work for those occassions.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think everyone means a set week of the month more than anything. Like the 2nd Saturday or something like that. I'm a big fan of rotating meetings, but if we decide that we want a certian time each month, I can see the benefits of that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.