St. Lou, MO New StLFF Structure Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    We can always do fun stuff without spending a lot of money.
    I am for this too, but being new to the area I don't know the places...

And Amy, once the weather warms up, I really do want to go the caverns, so maybe a group of us could go...

Float trips don't really rock my boat [face_shhh] because I am not very fond of open water... but don't count my vote against doing it, I am just a 34 year old baby... :D
  2. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, take my name off the CR list. Although I do wish to champion my ideas (and I will continue to do so), due to the current situation surrounding me, it is inapproprite for me to run. I must thank Amy for her faith in me though, I honestly appericated it.
  3. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Dajuan - can I cast my votes now or do I have to wait until the 14th?
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I kinda wanted everyone to wait until the 14th, but I don't think a little early will be an issue. PM away. Remember to post that you voted in this thread as well.
  5. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I voted (prematurely). It's not always the most popular thing, but I think the only way to handle premature voting is to get it out in the open and talk about it. :)
  6. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    This whole CR thing has me a little exasperated. I honestly couldn't tell you right now who I'd be voting for. I don't know if anyone can fill Dajuan's shoes.

So, I was wondering, Dajuan, if you might consider accepting a nomination for CR and possibly let us re-elect you. I know the reason you are stepping down in the 1st place is because you are so busy, but I was thinking...wouldn't much of the responsibility of CR now be taken on by the new Council? Perhaps, with the new changes in place, your workload would be manageable.

I don't know how you or everyone else would feel about this. I think that the Council could actually serve as a sort of training for future CR's and we might have an easier time of this in the future.

I LOVE DAJUAN!
  7. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Doesn't sound bad in theory, but since I don't know her total workload, I don't know how much the Council would help. I know Meetup.com is looking for a new organizer... :eek: (BTW, Dajuan. Did you voluntarily step down or did meetup boot you?)
  8. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    You voted early?!

I haven't even started my campaign yet. :p
  9. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    After much careful consideration I've decided to accept the nomination. With the council there will be a lot more help with the work load and I should be able to handle it better. My school load will be no different than last sememster and I handled it all then.

So I suppose we need to have a different vote collector. I asked DarthJurist if she would mind taking over for me and she agreed. Same rules apply as before, you have to post in here to make it official. Here's a link to her PM box so you don't have to go searching for it. I have transfered Tim's vote over already.

So CR candidates are: Jedi_Commander_Faofa (Scott), VoijaRisa (Jon), and Jedi_Dajuan (Dajuan).
  10. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm very glad you're re-running Dajuan, you've done an excellent job as CR and I think it can continue through ROTS and beyond.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.