NEW Stormtrooper Picture.

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by Jackie_Chan_Fan, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie_Chan_Fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Howdy.

I havent worked much on the trooper lately but i did whip up a couple of nice new HDRI renders and did a nice still picture.

Here it is
  2. Dr. Jones Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Kstar__2 Jedi Knight

awesome!

but, where did the light the stormtroopers reflect come from? :p
  4. Jackie_Chan_Fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    you win 2nd place :) Someone already mentioned it and he gets first place :)

I was wondering who would notice the highlights hehe

Just pretend its sunlight reflecting off the other troopers armor :)
  5. lolleader Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is really top notch work, show us more in the future!
  6. Golden-Y Force Ghost

star 3
    Looks really good, I like it. And like mentioned, where do the reflected highlights come from? ;) It does seem like if they were filmed in front of a bluescreen and then composited into the live action. Now, I know it's all CG, I'm just saying maybe that's an excuse you can also give out. :)
    I really like the grunge/dirt texture around the waist area and how it looks really worn out.

EDIT: LOL, looking at it again and reading the title. When I saw it, I imagined them saying, "You killed him, you medieval bastard!" (wonder if anyone else saw something similar like that)
  7. George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum

VIP
    star 4
    So are you any closer to figuring out what you wanna do with it till you release it someday? Is this image part of any of those ideas?
  8. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, the textures are amazing!
  9. TwilightMaster Jedi Padawan

Yes.....your ARE the daddy!
  10. Desann2002 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Now that rocks!..great work dude, hope to be able to use it one day (prays)
  11. CRIMSON-JACK Jedi Knight

star 2
    What's nice attention to detail is the black band above the eyes,it's not even on all of them,just like some of the troops in the movie's,like it's a piece of black plastic/rubber or something that can get knocked out of place !!! Great work !!!!
  12. comicartist Jedi Knight

ive never seen them with out them.....maybe i just pay too much attention to the wats 3d and wats real.
  13. MiSTRFiNGA Jedi Knight

Let me at him. I'll do some damage like I did to JJ palamo's ;) The dirty textures are geting DIRTIER everytime. LAst time I saw him on RPF he was a wee bit cleaner. I can't wait for you to release your battledroid either, I wanna do an animation with those bad boys too! ^_^

-=(V)=-
  14. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Jackie_Chan_Fan, don't suppose you'd want to throw together a texture tutorial, would ya? ;)
  15. TwilightMaster Jedi Padawan

"Hey Jackie_Chan_Fan, don't suppose you'd want to throw together a texture tutorial, would ya?"

I'll second that :)
  16. DyeJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Wait, so that's 100% computer imaging? That's disgustingly awesome! I couldn't make it looks as good it I made the costumes myself. iRtehn00b!
  17. The-Matt-Man Jedi Master

star 4
    Every time I see your Stormy images, I think to myself, "he's making fun of me self! He wants to let me know he's got better texturing skills that my own...kill him...kil...I mean...send him cookies, send him cokies!!!"...sorry Chan, no cookies....

-Matt
  18. PapaFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've been working a summer job at a major uni the last few weeks and when people ask me what I am going to school for... I tell them the whole "digital sculpting" spiel. Usually they wonder how good those silly 3d images can look... I respond by opening this image and watch their jaw hit the floor.

This is truly a great model (not to mention the textures). I am not trying to be Mr. Fanboy here, but I just can't look at this image enough. Truly some of the finest stuff I've seen.
  19. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, really nice textures! ;)
  20. bobabert Jedi Knight

star 2
    wwwwooooooowwwww the texture!!!!!!!!!!!
    very very good job man...
  21. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    You sure thats not just you and a friend in front of a bluescreen? :D

Freaking Awsome dude. IMHO better then the Clonetroopers in AOTC
  22. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IMHO better then the Clonetroopers in AOTC

[face_laugh] It's good, but not THAT good.
  23. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Just wanna clarify that it looks absolutely awesome and is far beyond my capacity, but the undersuit needs a LOT of work and the lighting is off.
  24. Jackie_Chan_Fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah the undersuit needs work but its passable.

As for the lighting, the lighting is dead on... for an indoor scene :) I did not intend to create a composition from those renders. In an after thought, i just composited them into an outdoor scene (simply because i had pictures of outdoor stuff on my hd, and had no indoor starwars photos)

So the picture isnt an intended composition, it kind of evolved out of me playing around after doing two test renders.
  25. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah I understand the lighting is for an indoor scene...one thing you may want to keep in mind though is that stormtroopers that dirty probably would not be indoors a whole lot. I think if you got the undersuit fixed, it will be on par with the clonetroopers in AOTC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.