main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New SW Fan Club

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    So has anyone heard of the new Fan Club? It looks like Insider is now being run by LucasFilm, so you sign up for the new membership, get a new member packet, 6 issues of SW Mag a year (I htink it's still Insider), and access to Hyperspace. Considering that my time was up for renewal I just bit the bullet and went with the new Fan Club. It seems pretty cool. I haven't played around with Hyperspace too much, but it seems pretty cool. I hope, for $39.99 anyway :confused:

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah- I guess it is still Insider. I can't believe they are forcing all of those extras on us, though. That was pretty low. I'll probably end up getting it, though. I like being a Fan Club member and I love my Insiders.

Do you think it is worth it? How was Hyperspace?

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I haven't gotten around to renewing my subscription, and I don't think I'm going to. I'm trying to streamline my life and I never actually read the entire Insider, plus I'm trying to go into E3 with as little spoilers as possible. :)

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    It's not worth it. Hyperspace is the biggest waste of bandwidth I have ever seen. It's also very hard to navigate, with stuff just thrown all over the page. I don't get the feeling that I can just think to myself 'I want to see this' and head over to Hyperspace and find it. It's more like 'I'll log onto hyperspace, throw my chance cube and see what happens'.

The only cool thing was the Episode 3 behind the scenes stuff, which if you want to stay even marginally spoiler free you won't use. So maybe it was worth the $12 a year or whatever it was, but an additional $10 a month? Hardly! My reccomendation is just buy the Insider from the news stands.

5. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
  6. jedidoughboy

jedidoughboy Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2004
    i don't know, i always been a loyal insider subscriber.

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, I can't imagine having to go out an pick it up every month or so. There's just something special about having it delivered to your mailbox.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Honostly, I keep forgetting that I have access to hyperspace. It's nice to get the Insider delivered, but it would be nice if they didn't force all of the other crap for the increased price.

9. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I've been truly tempted to try out Hyperspace just so I could keep tabs on the making of EIII. I haven't actually done it yet, though, because I just can't bring myself to pay for something that should really be free. What are they going to even have to offer once the movie is out? After they release the movie, the whole "behind the scenes" access will be worthless.

10. yoda_sucks

yoda_sucks Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2004
    Star Wars Sucks! When will all of you pathetic life forms realize that the only Force in the whole instalment is a fat man who uses little children to make money. It doesn't even make sense. It has no plot, no acting, no screen writing. All it has is a little green blob of snot saying "uhmmm, strong, a jedi must be." They don't even use proper English.
    the special affects are about as special as a paper plate.

Star Wars is for 12 year olds. Don't blow all your money on this waste of film.

May the "Farts" be with you.

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    If you hate it so much, why did you find this message board? And why choose Daytona as the only place to post this? hmmmmm...

And I always thought the plot was to bring down the Empire, but that could just be me.

12. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Well, that's just rude. How would that guy like it if we bash his favorite movie. I think I'm gonna cry now.

13. sevengalaxyarmy

sevengalaxyarmy Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah, why Daytona? Heh. This made my day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.