main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New SW:TCG spoilers from Inquest!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Darksbane, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    The Star Wars Rebel Base has text spoilers of the 3 Obi-Wan Related cards up!

These cards look great and have plenty of powerful gametext.

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I like the critical hit factor on Obi's Starfighter. It adds a lot to the dice strategy that some claim is too random. It's still random, but "Aye Caramba!" if you get a 6!

3. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    "When the battle phase starts, if Obi-Wan's Starfighter is in the space arena, remove all damage counters from Obi-Wan's Starfighter."
    Interesting. Does this imply that the starship could move to another arena? Or does retreating remove a card from the arena altogether?

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Just testing something...

5. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I think that if it is retreated, it is not "in the arena". But the text allows for a future enhancment of cards moving if Wizards so chooses.
    I never really thought about retreating a damaged unit before, but apparently it can be done based on this text. Now that I think of it, it seems obvious!
    Also the text "at the start of.." implies that there could be cards that allow you to place cards like this into battle after the command phase is over and the battle phase has already begun.

6. Achtung_Bubba

Achtung_Bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I've re-read the specific rules (summarized here) and this is my interpretation:

During the command phase, you decide whether a card is retreated or "in the battle" (i.e., tapped or untapped). In the battle phase, the untapped cards attack each other, each one becoming tapped once it's been used to attack.

It seems to me, then, that once the battle phase begins, things are set for that turn: if you're in the battle, you can't retreat, and vice versa.

Further, I *believe* they mean "in the arena" as opposed to being built. I can't imagine that you can move the card to other arenas under normal circumstances.

So, I further interpret Obi-Wan's starfighter card this way:

If it's the ship is in the arena (in the battle OR retreated), it can remove all its damage counters before each battle phase.

IN OTHER WORDS, if you want to destroy it, you have to do so IN ONE TURN.

Wow.

7. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    "IN OTHER WORDS, if you want to destroy it, you have to do so IN ONE TURN. "

Yeah, that's what I meant too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.