Oregon New SW Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Let's start the speculation here, and revive the hype of ruhmors for the next SW Trilogy.
    Discuss what you think about this little bit of news:
    http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10291:iesb-exclusive-the-line-starts-hereagain-new-star-wars-movies-planned&catid=41:news&Itemid=71
    Clone Wars is going strong and looks great. The planned Live TV to take place some time after EPIII is in preproduction with scripts, artwork, etc going on.

So Where do You think the next trilogy will take place or should take place within the Expanded Universe?
    Your Thoughts.

-Eric
  2. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    In between Episodes 3 and 4. /thread. :p

No, I really think that this would be great, as it is a pretty gray area right now compared to other times. Also, maybe somewhere in between Episodes 1 and 2.
  3. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll believe a new trilogy when I see it. We've been hearing these kinds of rumors for years, with the end result being just that: rumor.

As much as I would love to see another trilogy, it just isn't going to happen. The Star Wars saga is the Anakin Skywalker story, despite what fanboys and girls wish to believe. That saga has concluded.

- Bill
  4. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    If Lucas isn't willing to fork over the cash for a live-action TV show that he's been promising for 5 years, I doubt he's gonna do it for a new trilogy he's been denying for 30.

While I'm much more familiar with pre-TPM canon, and the storylines in between the two sagas, I'm not as familiar with what all happens after ROTJ. I know the basics. However, I doubt it matters because of this: Lucas will most likely not follow established canon if he decides to go forth with a new trilogy.

There are three reasons I state this. A) Lucas chose to ignore fitting the new Clone Wars show into the established Clone Wars story. A lot of cartoons, books, and comics lined out what happened between Episodes 2 and 3, but if you pay attention to details of the show, Lucas contradicts this left and right. He does this for the same reason as B) Lucas, like many artists/entertainers does not want to be told what to do and wants creative license. He's always wanted control over his own projects and not have to back down to a producer, much less novel authors. Finally, C) Star Wars is based around films, not comics or novels. This isn't an X-men movie that has decades of comics that came first and serve as the basis for the film. The Star Wars films spawn off novels and so forth, so to give a film the equal power of its predecessors, it must do the same. Future Star Wars movies, at least a new saga if made directly by Lucasfilm, will not be adaptations.

So, having said that, I'm confidant that if, in the unlikely event, a new saga were to be made, it would be a fresh new story that follows only the 6 films and disregards the Expanded Universe. Now, Lucas is known to have thrown in a couple Jedi (Aayla Secura, Quinlan Vos) from the EU, but that's the extent.

Considering each trilogy has followed a Skywalker hero, my money would be that a saga taking place after ROTJ would follow Luke's son. I know that the Solo kids are the big heros of the EU post-ROTJ, but like I said, we're thinking like George. Considering Palpatine has been the dominant force behind the antagonists in all 6 films, it wouldn't surprise me if Lucas were to 'borrow' the Palpatine clone from the EU.

The prequels featured people who are in power losing everything, while the original films featured underdogs who overcame impossible odds. A new saga could depict the rise to power, but in a good way, of the New Republic, but have it face a threat that knocks it off course. There are many ways to go.

Anyways, that's my take on the likelyhood of a new trilogy. As for what I'd like to see, that will be a separate post as this current one is making my browser freak out.
  5. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Brook just pretty much hit the nail on the head....

- Bill
  6. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I killed this thread. Haha
  7. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
  8. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sure Brook didn't mean to do it..... :p

So, in keeping with this topic.... does anyone think we will ever see any sort of finished product, in relation to a live-action tv series is concerned?

I know that the Clone Wars Cartoon is real close to its halfway point, now. Remember GL said that the series was slated to last 100 episodes, and the way they have been releasing the episodes, I can see how they can drag 100 episodes out to something like 5 to 7 season.

Thoughts?

- Bill
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.