main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New SW TV show done with "Lost" type budget

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Circle_Is_Complete, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    With SW movies finished the TV show excites me somewhat but it also makes me hesitant. Most sci-fi shows on TV are made cheap so therefore look cheap. I know Lucas has a lot of wealth, its just that Lost is just about the only TV type fantasy that i think could also pass at theaters. If doner like that it would be fine. I just wouldnt want this turning into some Star Trek fiasco

2. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    Agreed. Most sci-fi shows look terrible and cheesy, and thus I don't watch them.

Lost is definitely the best looking show on TV. If it got a similar budget, some good writers, and a good timeslot, this show could be flawless.

3. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    All the Star Treks, Babylon 5, Star Gates, Battlestar Galactica have excellent production quality. I'm sure Lucas will insist that ILM handles the SW TV show. Do you really think Lucas would let a SW TV show have 2nd-rate production value?

4. jaguaro

jaguaro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I think it would be just fine. For one thing, I dont think that they would have to worry terribly about a budget the way Star Trek does.. for example, for the next generation, they would have a production budget for the entire season, and it was a set figure. They could spend as much of it as they wanted on any given episode, but they had to be careful because if they went too far, there wouldnt be enough money for the episodes that havent been filmed. Thats why some shows look downright cheap.

Since Lucas is doing 100 episodes at once, or at least will have a general idea of what those 100 episodes will be, they will be able to plan a little better.

And I really think Lucas would do everything top notch anyway, within reason. Of course he has to have a return on his investment but I think he takes Star Wars seriously and he wouldnt want to have the official stuff associated with anything that looked bad.

5. jaguaro

jaguaro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    oh yeah and did anyone see that last episode of enterprise? It was absolutely terrible but the graphics of the enterprise d were phenomenal. They didnt use stock footage from the old next generation show, it was new animation, and the difference in quality between 2005 and 94 is astounding. The ol ship never looked that good.

I think its going to be fine if the yokels at star trek are doing good work.

6. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I like LOST, but I don't think the budget for that show is as large as some of you might think. A lot of what makes the show feel like a movie has to do with the music (Michael Giacchino) and the locale (Hawaii).

Like its sister show ALIAS, LOST only uses big budget FX a few times a season. The rest is all sleight-of-hand and clever use of pre-existing locations.

7. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    I think they spent millions on the "airplane" alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.