main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist *NEW 2020 : Legacy of the Force - NJO/Legacy era Art by SAITH (Index on page 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Saith_Vaapar, Jan 20, 2007.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, these are really good!!

2. Saith_Vaapar

Saith_Vaapar Jedi Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    Hey,
    Just to let you all know that I'm working on a big 2 parts wallpaper with En Taiho from deviant art with key characters from legacy of the force (Jacen, Jaina, Ben, Luke, leia, Han, Mara, Lumiya, Tenel Ka, Tahiri, Jag...)
    And by the way, I just noticed that I'm the summer 2008 winner for The Official Fan Art Challenge around here. I feel really honoured. Thanx for all of you have voted for me. It means a lot.

3. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Hi ! I love your art it's so good to see more NJO and LotF :)
    I especially love the one of Caedus with the split, it really shows the two sides to his character.
    I hope U have more art soon

4. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    Hey, here's a sketch for the first wall with Jacen & Mara

[image=http://th08.deviantart.com/fs41/150/f/2009/047/4/2/Jacen_Solo___Mara_Jade_Sketch_by_saith100.jpg]
    See Full Art

The final wallpaper will also contain Luke & ben Skywalker, Tenel Ka...

Tell me what you think about it.

5. KRELYA

KRELYA Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2007
    I think they look amazing. They look exactly the way I imagined them while reading the books. :) I can't wait to see more. :)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great pictures and just the Mara we see in the books

7. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Your sketch looks pretty good, I really like the pose of Mara :) Your other work is awesome, too. I love your interpretation of Tahiri, because she looks a lot like I imagine her :)

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, that looks great!! Especially Mara :D

9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I also like Mara a big deal.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice work, Saith!

Great takes on an older Jacen and Mara. I'm looking forward to the final piece with Luke and the others. :)

11. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    I'm glad you like it guys.
    Hopefully we'll be able to post the final stuff soon. The wall looks very promissing, I think EnTaiho has done a wonderful job on it so far.

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ah--you know, of course, how very much I love this/these! Mara is...perfect. Just perfect. And Jacen/Caedus harkens so much to his father there's no question who this character is. Beautiful work, indeed--and I know we'll all be holding our collective breath, waiting to see the final product! :D

FF

13. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    Some might have seen this fake cover for the 4th novel of the Fate of the Jedi series that I made for an april fool joke :

[image=http://th06.deviantart.com/fs42/150/f/2009/092/f/7/Fate_of_the_Jedi___Backlash_by_saith100.jpg]
    See Full Art

The Jaina on the cover will be on the second LOTF wall in full color, but you'll have to wait some time before you can see it. The first wall isn't even completed. :)

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    For an april fool joke this was brilliant stuff... =D=... better than throwing an egg into the bag of a teacher... [face_frustrated]

There should be more people like you in this world.

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Aw, this looks great! I think it'd be a GREAT cover, IMHO--it'll be interesting to see how they actually handle it, though (I personally think this would ROCK, tho!)! Nicely done--and I love how you've done Jaina here; a more mature, more reserved woman, tempered substantially by what life has dished out to her...the tempered "Sword" is a stronger weapon, too... Beautiful!

FF

16. Edgeorge

Edgeorge Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2008
    You used Madonna's face to make Tahiri didn't you? She looks just like Madonna.

17. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Those are awesome!

18. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    Actually I didn't use Madonna's face for Tahiri at all... but I used hair and body parts from her [face_love] That's probably why you see a ressemblance.

Thanx everyone for your comments. More coming very soon :D

19. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    lol, I really like your false Backlash cover. :D

Evil.

20. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    Here is the first wallpaper, FINALLY :
    [image=http://th03.deviantart.net/fs47/150/i/2009/190/d/3/SW___Legacy_of_the_Force_1_by_saith100.jpg]
    See Full Image

It's largerly inspired by the japanese covers. Here's a fake Jap cover for the LOTF series :
    [image=http://www.legacynjo.com/images/out/LOTF-jap.jpg]http://www.legacynjo.com/images/out/LOTF-jap.jpg

21. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    :eek: That is downright incredible. The characters are really showing their ages there. I really enjoy how you've done Jaina and Ben, as well as the way Lumiya's eyes shows a severe maliciousness.

Superb stuff! =D=

22. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    Hey thank you Black-Dog. I was really tryed hard to have the characters at the right age there so it's nice to see that I was successful. Actually the character with ben is Mara. Jaina will be on the second wall with her jedi robes :D

23. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Jaina's not in this piece? I thought that was her in the pilot getup. [face_blush] Who that be then? If I guessed someone other than Jaina, maybe Wedge's eldest daughter Syal? :confused:

EDIT: Took the time to read the comments, it's Tahiri. [face_blush]

24. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    I want to say a big thanx to FalconFan and HanSolo29 for their support, advices and critique during the creation of the wall.

25. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    awesome wallpaper... I hope you do more art because I love your work and always wait for more.

I especially want more Tahiri and Tenel Ka ;)