main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New TCW Video - 2 minutes of the film

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    TCW goodness

It's already in the official series thread, but I thought we might as well add some attention to it.

Thanks to JediMasterShawn for the find.

I'm getting pretty tired of the droid humor, but the animation looks pretty sweet.

Looks like they're really focusing on Ashoka, at least for this scene.

2. Master_Fwiffo

Master_Fwiffo Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2001
    The only thing I didn't enjoy was the droid voices. Had they had the voices from Episode I, their jokes would have been ok - and also had it been delivered a little more straight faced.

The rest looks fantastic. I think I'll thoroughly enjoy this movie/series.

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Awesome stuff!!! I agree though, they should have used the monotonous droid voices. But overall this stuff is loooking gooooooooooood! I LIKE! :D

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    it does seem to point to it being more of a children's show, but then again I guess it's not much different from AOTC/ROTS in terms of humor.

would have been way funnier with stormtroopers, but oh well. ;)

5. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Nice video! That was definitely cool. I can't wait to see more!

Though, for some reason, I can't help but wonder if that was a smuggled online. The quality looked crappy...almost as if it was recorded via video camera...

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    it's from SW Weekends, and I'd say I'm 100% sure it was video recorded.

7. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    It's funny that just about two days ago we we're all talking about how the CW rush has gone alittle too quiet. Then this surfaces. Looks amazing!

I eat my earlier words, thats def not Hayden's voice.

Where exactly did this first play? A sneek peak at a con or something?

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    It's funny that just about two days ago we we're all talking about how the CW rush has gone alittle too quiet. Then this surfaces. Looks amazing!

Indeed, that is a bit weird! :p

9. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    The battle shots look great, but we could already see that from the trailer. What I've been worried about is the story/characters. This clip did nothing to relieve my fears. (Nor did it do anything to aggravate them.)

This movie needs to hurry up and come out. And then the show needs to hurry up and air. I can't take all this waiting around.

10. ParkSleuth

ParkSleuth Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2008
    Hello! This is my first post. I uploaded the video on youtube that you are speaking of. Just to answer a few questions: This was shown at Star Wars Weekends which is a yearly event at Disney Hollywood Studios (used to be MGM Studios). They always have a "Behind the Force" show every year which is basically a video about how the Star Wars Films were made. This year however it was all about the Clone Wars. Someone from LucasFilm was there explaining a little more about it and showed some other preview documentary type clips. Also introduced was the new Ashoka live character which will be at the park during Star Wars Weekends for picture opportunities.

And yes this was recorded with my camcorder. Sorry about the quality. It really looked great in person. You can't hear the music clearly but it sounds like it has more of an edge to it, like electric guitars and stuff.

By the way, they have a lot of other events at Star Wars Weekends. Last year they had a Dancing with the Star Wars Stars show which you can see on my youtube and I just got back from today's events and it was awesome! They had another dance off and...well......I don't want to give it away....I'll let you know when I get the video up!

Let me know if you have any other questions

11. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Oh, that's awesome! I was at Disney World in December and the Star Tours was cool enough, I can't imagine going to what you explained. Thanks for the video! :D

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Thanks for the post! We welcome any and all new users to the SW TV forum. :D

I thought I heard some guitars in there, which was definitely unexpected but interesting.

1 question: what was the crowd response like?

After watching it again, the droids didn't really bug me. "Get back here, sergeant", was actually pretty funny.

Already I can see why Lucas is so excited; there's a couple of shots of Super Battle Droids falling off the cliffs, particularly the one where Anakin bats him out of the air, that's just fantastic.

13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Is it going to be a life size stand up, or someone in a costume?

It actually is pretty good quality. I say that seeing some of the sketchiest worst quality videos on the internet. You could see it perfectly on your video, I could even tell how visually stunning it's going to look on a big screen.

See I knew the music was more edgy! I couldn't tell if the music was contrasting with the blaster fire, but it sounded more hard and fast but still with a nice hint of JW.

By the way, Thanks so much for uploading that video. You gave me my fix for the day. Waiting is one of the best parts of new SW material, but when you finally get some, it's always amazing.

14. ParkSleuth

Jun 7, 2008
    The reaction to the video was pretty good. Everyone clapped.

The Ashoka was someone in a costume with make-up and everything. I have some video and pictures so maybe I'll post some in the next day or two.

15. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I never thought I'd say it, but I think Lucas may be on to something with this show.

Remember how lots of people hated RotJ until the Prequels came out, but then the prequels were so bad that RotJ all of a sudden looked much better by comparison and those same people turned around and defended it?

Because watching this video, I actually had several thoughts, DEFENSIVE of the PT (which I generally loathe):

"C'mon! Even the droids in the PT weren't that lame and silly!"

"Wow, the flirty looks between Anakin and his 'Disney Channel Teen' apprentice actually make me miss the stilted relationshio between Anakin and Obi-Wan!"

"The electric guitar makes John Williams's nice-yet-unspectacular PT action compositions seem like 'TIE Fighter Attack' or 'The Asteroid Field' by comparison!"

If this clip is a good indication of the rest of the show, I'd better skip this series so as to avoid being tricked by Lucas into lowering my standards to the point where I start to perceive 1-6 as a cohesive 'saga'.

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    ^^^^^^ [face_laugh]

Looks pretty good. Nice find. :)

17. Tagne

Tagne Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    Thanks a lot for this video !

I saw somewhere 2 exclusive previews were presented to the audience. Is this true?
    Did you film this preview and the documentary too?

18. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Looks great! It's so weird to think that we'll get to look forward to more SW material every week once this starts.

19. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    In terms of action "choreography" I think it's more cohesive and tension-building than the great majority of PT big battle sequences. That might be a good sign if this thing is mainly an action/adventure thing, but still I'm not sure that will be enough to keep me watching in lieu of at least a bit of narrative substance.

20. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Apart from the droid humour, this looked pretty sweet. Would've prefered a more plot-revealing clip though, but one takes what one gets...

21. tc_cruizer

tc_cruizer Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2005
    Like most things star wars, after the first watch, it started to grow on me.

Also, as someone else was saying, wt* is with Ashoka's flirty look at Anakin when she says "i'll give you a head start"?! I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it definitely felt a little creepy

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I think it was supposed to come across as "mischievous".[face_laugh]

23. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Yeesh. I didn't like the line readings (droids OR Jedi) and the whole thing seemed geared towards 8-year olds. This from a guy who loves the prequels and enjoys kids' movies. It just seemed to pander rather than entertain. I guess we'll wait and see how the whole thing plays out....

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ashokas giving that clone AT-TE pilot a view that might distract one in combat... ;)

25. ParkSleuth

Jun 7, 2008

They showed I think two very short documentary type clips which I think might have already been released and are on youtube. I didn't record them.

By the way, I uploaded the latest Star Wars Dance Off that I recorded yesterday at Star Wars Weekends. Click on my youtube link to view it. Make sure to watch the ending with Vader!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.