main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New TCW Video - 2 minutes of the film

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    At this very moment, Karen Traviss is writing a story about how that view's humanizing effect inspired that particular clone to break away from the Republic/Empire and retrace his Mandalorian origins.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Republic Commando: Jailbait" ;)

3. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    This show looks awful. I mean you could tell all along but this clip just confirms the worst fears I had. The dialog is worse than Attack of the Clones and so is the humor, and even the animation is not that good. For a saturday morning cartoon show for ten year olds its well done on the technical level, but I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could view it in any sort of higher respect than that. What a grievous milk at the cash cow this thing is. I mean I know you can't totally judge it until you've seen it but all the footage they've released as representing what the final product will be like all has the same elements in common. Disappointing. I suppose I got suckered in by the marketing, I was hoping for something at least as good as a straight-to-video quality but this really is just a cartoon made for ten years olds arbitrarily released in theaters. Maybe I'll watch this when it comes to the television, if I'm bored or something.

4. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    wow how original people complaining about a 2 minute clip :rolleyes:

I think the whole whining fanboy sterotype is getting seriously old. Had enough of that with the PT.

No need to take it all so seriously, its a two minute clip, badly recorded (which detracts from even bothering to view it IMHO) and out of context.

Just wait and watch the full CW film when its out later in the year before being so judgemental.

In any case it looks pretty decent to me, despite the ***** nature of the recording (which can't be helped).

5. ParkSleuth

ParkSleuth Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2008
    Here's a couple of screenshots of the Ashoka character at SWW:

[image=http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/ashoka1.jpg]

[image=http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p145/Webhead93/ashoka2.jpg]

6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Actually, I think the clip was one of the best quality clips of its type that I've seen. Steady framing and well-focused images. Far better than most of the usual ComicCon bootleg types.

Also, would you care to explain how saying 'this will probably be lame' from a two-minute clip is any worse or more fanboy-ish than saying 'this will be awesome' from the same brief clip?

A clip like that is supposed to make you want to see the rest of the movie. For some of us, it made us NOT want to see the rest of the movie. It's true that a good number of gems get killed by poor marketing *cough*Serenity*cough* but in general, if the trailers/promo clips aren't good, then NO, I'm NOT going pay $8 and sit for 90 minutes at the theater before I decide whether or not the movie is worth seeing.

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    It looks like a piece of sith.

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    What dialogue was there? "Race you to the top?" and "Give you ahead start?"

The voice acting and "humor" of the droids was no better or worse than that of the Super Battle Droids that bully R2 for a few minutes in ROTS, and overall I think that movie is very good. I thought the droids were the only "dumb" part of the clip, but it's typical Star Wars humor. It generally doesn't do anything for me in itself, but does not drag down the films that much.

The trailer already made me interested in seeing this film, so this clip isn't really going to hamper me much.

"My joints aren't moving, I must need maintenance."

That line didn't really ruin AOTC for me, or prevent my subsequent viewings.

9. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I honestly do not get why people are having these reactions. It was a two minute clip, and you couldn't really tell much about it. The reason I said it looks great was because the action looks pretty intense. That's what I am looking for in this movie, the action. While it does seem a bit childish, it is absolutely no different than a lot of the things we've seen in the Star Wars saga. Jar Jar, the battle droids, the ewoks...To me, it's no different.

Of course, this is my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own. Though, I would like everyone to wait until they see the movie before they make a judgment on it. :)

10. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Well the good news is that we get to hear the haters remind us every two seconds that they hate this and that's it's milking the franchise. If you know you're not going to like this, do us all a favor and don't watch it. The whole bashing business is so very old and tired.

11. zombie

Aug 4, 1999
    Excuse me, am I going around here posting a million places how crappy I think this will be? Or for that matter is anyone? This clip was posted for people to react to, and when you post your opinion that you liked a particular piece you have to be prepared to deal with people that don't like it. If people can't handle that then I suggested that they are the ones who should leave, because they seem to have a hard time dealing with differing opinions.

12. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I'm speaking about this in general.

13. zombie

Aug 4, 1999
    But it was made in response to people here, so its not really in general. And in any case all it does is provoke arguments.

14. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I didn't mean any offense. ;)

Yeah, I am going to agree with you. The quality isn't that bad.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I just sent one guy in youtube to hell. This is a bootlegged copy and not the final product. The movie willbe way much better, and yes it will make money. We all need to wait until the movie comes out. Then we can say yeah or neah. My biggest concern with this show is that they are heavily emphasizing very serious marketing like they did with TPM. The clip was exciting and I can't wait for the finished product.

16. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    The quality of the clip was fine. Hard to hear the musical score, but you could make out the action and dialogue perfectly. If people don't like the clip, it's not because of video quality.

Overall, I guess I liked it...but what little dialogue we heard definitely sounds like Saturday morning TV fare, which is kind of disappointing. This will be fun to watch with my kids, but probably nothing I'd watch over and over again on my own, like I can do with the movies.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Ashoka is hot! I hope the actress they hired for the Disney thing isn't 11....

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Quest wins.

18. NukedtheFridge

NukedtheFridge Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2008
    Yea, I have the video up over at my website. I'm not terribly crazy about the footage though. Seems like George is really trying to go for the "Jar Jar Binks" factor to me. I'm starting to fear he is going to nuke the fridge again. Twice in a row. I hope I'm wrong though.

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I just saw that the Clone Wars movie has a running time of approximately 2 hours and 1 minute. Wow, thats more than the 90 minutes I thougth they said it was going to be. Now the question that I have is, are the episodes being counted with the movie? (22 total for season one, or is it seperate. One movie and 22 animated episodes)

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    QFT. If you're over 10, you're probably not watching Star Wars for the humour, so just ignore it. It doesn't make the movie bad. I don't like the droids either in that clip, but that doesn't mean I wasn't still extremely excited just seeing a sneak preview of what the battles will be like. Thats what CW is about, battles and character development, not stand up comedy.

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, we'll see. I'm guessing he'll be heavily involved in the movie premiere/first 3-10 episodes, after that, he'll leave it up to the crew. I think he was probably editing the initial product because it's the first SW venture into TV.

Dunno what you mean about "Jar-Jar Binks" factor, I thought the action looked pretty good.

22. ParkSleuth

ParkSleuth Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2008
    I just remembered what one of the other documentary clips was about. It focused on the clones and how George wanted to show that they were individuals with different personalities and not just heartless beings. He wanted them to have different hair styles, tattoos, etc. Some had bleached hair and some had mohawks. It was a little weird because you don't normally think of them that way. Has anyone seen this video online?

23. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    Great. More droid slapstick...

The rest looks ok, but if i have to sit through too much of what passes for battle droid sense of humor I'll choke on my own tongue.

24. Berkyjay

Berkyjay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007
    One thing to remember is that this movie represents the first episodes that have come out of LucasFilm Animation. I tend to think that it will be like the first season of the Simpsons. It wasn't great in the very beginning but it got better as it went along. So to judge the whole show on this movie would be a big mistake. I have a good feeling that they will improve their game and learn from mistakes as they go along.

25. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I haven't had the chance to see it yet. I didn't get a chance to catch it over the weekend and now all video is blocked at my work. But it is a bit ironic that just a few days ago I thought that it's been terribly slow since the release of the trailer...and then this happens. But, based on what some people are saying, I'm a bit fearful to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.