main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New TFA Footage

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    but just for reference look how much better Kylo Ren Looks in the teaser, compared to the Instagram video,

I am sure in All it's HD glory it will look much better, that is all I am saying.....

Shakez likes this.
  2. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    Late to the party on commenting on this... but, I see more genuine emotion and believable acting in 15 seconds in this short video than I saw in 6+ hours of the prequels. (And, I like the prequels and spent a decade defending them.)

3. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Someone did an edit of the new footage that seems to be a slightly higher resolution, though they made it black and white. It gives a clearer look at Anakin's old saber and Finn's reaction.
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1, Shakez, nightangel and 7 others like this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    that looks cool much better!

5. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    I am still waiting on Disney to release the Instagram teaser on YouTube in 1080p for crying out loud. I am a fit and polish kind of guy. I want to see everything at the absolute best. Lucasfilm has always done that, but this Instagram grainy crap video is not how you want to showcase your baby.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I agree. But does anyone have a higher resolution black and white picture of Finn with a lightsabre or can someone please make one from the black and white video above It would make a great desktop Wallpaper me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    On one hand: no, it's not.

On the other hand: it's sure to do some damn great things to their social media presence, which is important when dealing with millennials.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    lucasfilms should have told Instagram that they could not post the footage if it was not in high quality HD .....

9. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    It's perfectly fine that they worked a deal with Instagram even with the crappy resolution. However I would have expected them to release the footage in hi res a few days after. I think Instagram has already enjoyed the exclusive for the last few days.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well if we get something on Friday it will make up for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Back to the two-handed grip, I see.

12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Make up for what?

sterling3763 likes this.
  13. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    LOL, Immortiss I sure hope you don't accidentally post anything in the other forums outside this spoiler one with that avatar LOL.

14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, I'm diligent to keep myself posting in the spoilers only forums out of respect for those who want to remain free of such. I just love that picture with all the lights and cameras.

15. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Trailer will be released in 2 days folks....

My source? Random number generator.

It is the will of the Force! :p

[​IMG]

16. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    Trivial but to correct an earlier post i made regarding the break in the blade at the hilt, i was looking at my anakin force fx blade which does not have that break but looking at the ANH hope version you can clearly see it does.

Pics in link for reference.
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9354.0

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    for Lucasfilms approving bad quality Non HD Instagram video.

18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    You feel entitled to a new video because you don't like the quality of the old one? Wow.

19. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Amazing how entitled people become.
    For pretty much my entire childhood the VHS copies of the OT I had were in worse quality than the Instagram teaser.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    If you followed the conversation the past two pages you would see I am not the only poster upset with the quality of the video, it is not feeling entitled on my part it is Lucasfilms doing this half arsed if you know what I mean my friend ?

We don't live in the year 1985, VHS Is dead, and HD is a thing now, we as fans have come to expect a level of quality that is much better then the 80's and the 90's heck even the 2000's I am pretty sure a trailer is coming soon and these brief scenes will be a part of it in all there HD glory, and that is all I am trying to say my friends I don't feel Entitled, I feel lucky that Disney bought Lucasfilms and we are actually getting new movies and TV not to mention books and Marvel Comics, It Is a good time to be a star wars fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i still have vhs tapes.

Rabs and TheBBP like this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I chucked mine many years ago when I realized DVD's were a big thing now I have a Blu-Ray player and I watch movies in HD on my LG 42 inch HD TV on Xfinity On-Demand Cable it looks Glorious both the HD TV and my Blu-Ray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

and I have HD Netflix that i get through my Blu-Ray player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right before I chucked the VHS tapes I dubbed two over to DVD on my DVD Recorder, I dubbed over, The George Lucas AFI tribute special that was on USA Network, and The Rose Bowl Parade that George Lucas was the Grand Marshal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  23. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I am late; just seen this footage. Is that a new Variation of Darth Vader's Theme that Johnny wrote for Episode VII? Awesome! :eek: [face_hypnotized]

starocean90 and PymParticles like this.
  24. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    This teaser was made as a cross-promotion with Instagram. These clips will probably hit Youtube in 1080p when the new trailer arrives.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I totally agree!

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.