main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New TFA Footage

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    It amazing how good direction, story, and acting can positively affect a movie, something I haven't seen from a Star Wars movie in a long time. . . a long time.

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Being unhappy with the resolution of the footage is vastly different than believing that more footage should be distributed because of it. That is you feeling entitled.

I have the non-SE VHS films still. Not a machine that will play them though lol. I should get them transferred to DVD.

J_Girl and thejeditraitor like this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    But the first thing you mentioned about not being happy with the Resolution is exactly how I feel I don't care that they did not give more Content just at the crappy resolution. that being said it is my feeling that a full trailer is coming soon call it a hunch. but even if I did feel they "Lucasfilms" owed me something what is so wrong with that ? On force Friday I will be paying over $100.00 for Action Figures, on The 18th of December I will be treating for my entire family to see the movie tickets alone will be $50.00 or more alone not factoring popcorn and soda. and that is just a small sample size of what I payed to Lucasfilms over the years so I feel I have every right to be Entitled and that goes for my Yankees and New York Giants as well.....

for all the money we the fans give these Billion Dollar corporations they do owe us we should all feel entitled there is nothing wrong with that, these corporations wouldn't exist with out us, the fans.....

gumtuu likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe it's just me, but I was able to watch that mediocre quality Instagram video for free.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    It was free for everybody, my argument is Lucasfilms should have made Instagram put out a high quality HD video or none at all. for example,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we are not getting what the actual shot will look like because of the poor quality Lucasfilms and Instagram dropped the ball on this one IMHO, now if they release a full HD trailer this week they redeem themselves IMHO....

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    who cares? seriously.

DarthBreezy, Ganger and Seeher like this.
  7. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    [​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I guess I do but hey It's just my opinion man .....

[​IMG]

:p

and the rug really ties the room together,
    [​IMG]

9. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    HD or not, it got a ton of people talking about it and creating buzz, so for that, it's successful I think.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, and it's my favorite of all the videos out there that give us our first glimpse of Finn activating a lightsaber. :p

11. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    this thread is getting fun:rolleyes:

12. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    It amazing how good direction, story, and acting can positively affect a movie, something I haven't seen from a Star Wars movie in a long time. . . a long time.[/quote]

I then recommend watching The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith for over 6.5 hours of great direction, story, and acting that positively affects movies.

I see only 15 seconds of it and the prequels had another 6.5 hours of it on top of that.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Stay on topic. Let's not let this get into another "PT vs. ______ battle" (usally "OT", but in this case it's a 15 second video... sigh).

The next bashing post will earn the poster a vacation.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  14. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I then recommend watching The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith for over 6.5 hours of great direction, story, and acting that positively affects movies.

I see only 15 seconds of it and the prequels had another 6.5 hours of it on top of that.[/quote]

[face_laugh]

15. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    [face_tired]
    [face_tired]

[face_tired]
    [face_tired]

NEXT..............

16. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    EHT, I'm not totally sure if that was aimed at me or not. But, my post in this thread was meant as more of an encouraging set of props to what we see from TFA more than prequel bashing. ln all honesty, I love the prequels. But, the over reliance on blue screen and setting up the difital effects post production limited the "performance" of the actors somewhat in my opinion. I felt that there was a sterile quality to the acting that held it back. I love the story concept, vehicles, designs, characters, and action. I will ALWAYS defend those aspects of episodes 1 thru 3. But, the acting feels disjointed and choppy to me. Despite that, I love the movies. But, the performances weren't always convincing to me. I hope that it's OK here to love the prequels and still take issue with certain aspects of them. Having said that, I honestly didn't intend to come off as a basher. Perhaps I should have thougbt it througb before submitting my comment in the manner in which I did.

Dra--- and EHT like this.
  17. Skywalked

Skywalked Jedi Padawan star 2

May 20, 2015
    I really don't want this to be a short fight. Even if Finn is getting whooped. I want an emotionally invested battle between these two filled with passion and desperation. If these two are gonna duke it out in the snowy woods then it should be hopeless for Finn but he's using every piece of determination he can manage while Kylo is empowered by his own motives. What makes me hype about this teaser is that this film is gonna have heart, it's gonna have something there between these two guys that is deeper than what is simply on the surface. I am wholeheartedly excited for that and what this means for Finn's path to becoming a Jedi.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Especially if Finn's motive is partially from the frustration of a "You just wouldn't stop chasing me/I'm tired of running from you" exhaustion.

Dra--- and Skywalked like this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ben R : It wasn't aimed specifically at you or anyone in particular, but thanks for that explanation.

Ben R likes this.
  20. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I wonder, by any remote chance, there could be a hint/secret message in the 15-second clip on when the full trailer will arrive?

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    this shot on Star Wars facebook,

[​IMG]

Is finally in beautiful HD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

titansupes and DarthMalevonus like this.
  22. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    It's glorious! I need to see the lightsaber flicker in HD now damn it!

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  23. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    This movie is so going to rock when its cold and near to Christmas.

Danfromumbrella likes this.
  24. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Is that opening on the saber new?

Maybe a piece broke off when it felt to the ground?

25. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    No just emphasized and at an angle where we can see it. Always been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK327 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.